Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

We Are the Ocean Break Up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. I'm sad but not really surprised. It seemed like they had a hard time gaining more fans over the years (that line about myspace says it all I guess). I think their audience wasn't as receptive to their later sounds as for other post-hardcore turned alt rock bands like Lower Than Atlantis, Deaf Havana or Biffy Clyro.

3. Quijiba

Too bad. Absolutely loved their first album and thought they had all the potential in the world but with the lineup changes and change in sound they personally lost me. Still sad to see them break up

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Wow. I used to dig this band when they were an Alexisonfire clone but they lost me after the old singer split. Still sad though. I will play "Nothing Good Has Happened Yet" all day in their honour.

5. aniafc

Trusted

Love the original, also really love the live acoustic version of it.

This band was so good.

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

holy shit i didn't know this band was even still around. used to love Nothing Good has Happened Yet. it's shocking how Alexisonfire they sound in that song.

7. openheart

I enjoyed all their releases. Although I got hooked due to their Alexisonfire-like sound, they were progressed over the years and wrote some interesting, catchy songs while not ripping on AOF's sound.

I really hope Liam Cromby (singer/the guy who people think sounds like Dallas Green) continues playing music. He's got a stellar voice and was the creative mind behind WATO.

8. Samesies, I wonder what the old screamer/singer is up to as well.

openheart likes this.
  9. openheart

I was wondering the same about a year after Dan Brown (ex-screamer) was booted from the band. He took up band management for a little while after and hasn't really turned up anywhere.