Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wayward Pines (Fox) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jake Gyllenhaal, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Couldn't find a thread for the show but season two is already up and running. I'm still intrigued as I was a fan of the first season. I am also using this to promote my interview with the show's Executive Producer / Showrunner Mark Friedman. He talked about tackling the new season with new characters, TV shows that influenced the writing for the new season, and offers a few teases.

Exclusive: ‘Wayward Pines’ EP Mark Friedman Talks Season 2

2. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I am really enjoying season 2. It surprises me how much I like Dr. Yedlin.

3. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Example? It's pretty clear when the twist is explained that we just thought there was communication to the outside world when in fact it was the past. Everything that happened outside of Wayward Pines is completely unrelated to what goes on inside.
    This show is very entertaining and worth watching.

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

It was the fifth or sixth episode of last season

5. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Ethan makes a couple calls home but gets the answering machine each time (a recording the folks in Wayward Pines saved after they took Ethan and his family). He then tries to call the Seattle office and is greeted by Marcy, the unhelpful secretary, who is actually just a citizen of Wayward Pines posing as a secretary in Seattle. Ethan catches her in this lie when he asks if she's on the seventh floor in the Seattle office, she says yes, and he then reveals to her that there is no seventh floor and she hangs up.

6. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Well the only agent we ever really correspond with is Adam Hassler and every time we see him, he is in the past. He interacts with David Pilcher in reference to Ethan and his family, but that's always either in person or over the phone when David Pilcher was also in the past before he froze himself. From the Wayward Pines wiki:

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

8. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Just started this last night after Stranger Things left a void in my life.
    Episode 6 so far....really enjoying.

Way trippier than I thought it would be. Hoping for an epic pay-off and not a jumbled rushed mess of an ending

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

Can someone please explain to me that ending? I'm confused, this is most likely the series finale and I don't think anything really happened. And then it just abruptly ended.

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

My only guess is that the baby represents one of the first plague-infected Abbies, which would set off the chain reaction to their extinction

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

Oh you think? I actually thought the baby looked pretty normal, signaling a de-evolution of the abbies and they are actually slowly becoming more human again. Made me think to how it was clear they were getting smarter and smarter all season, and not just the crazy dumb animals they were portrayed as last season.

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Yea, I had that thought too and Entertainment Weekly posted an interview with one of the producers after the finale aired and he made the same ascertain

13. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Just finished this. Is it confirmed that there are only 2 seasons.
    I definitely preferred the first season to the second and I'm not really sure where they can take it from here.