Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wax Bottles Debut Two New Songs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Former frontman of Polar Bear Club, Jimmy Stadt, has formed the new band Wax Bottles. The group also includes guitarist Nate Morris (ex-PBC), Benny Horowitz (The Gaslight Anthem) on drums, Jasmyn Morris on keys, and Pierre Marceau on bass. You can hear two new songs below.

2. eboo

ex- pbc? did they break up?

3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

They've been on indefinite hiatus for the past several years.

4. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Always awesome to hear Benny play drums.

5. Woah, nice line-up, definitely going to check this out. Jimmy is a great dude.

6. AutopilotYears

Regular

sounds like old Weezer

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Jimmy has one of those voices. He's not the greatest singer, but the way he delivers his lines and the words he right? It just clicks with me. So I'm predisposed to liking this, but...

I'm really, really digging this. It's not Polar Bear Club, but it's a logical extension. Super catchy, big guitars, great lyrics... Looking forward to hearing a non-soundcloud version.

Anybody know if there's an official release along the way?

truelovewaits and Jason Tate like this.
  8. So happy to hear Jimmy singing again, and this lineup is great. I really hope this goes somewhere.

9. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

It really makes me sad to read that he's the former frontman. Some part of me wishes they'd come back, even though I know they never "officially" broke up.

cubsml34 likes this.