Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wavves - Hideaway (July 16, 2021)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, May 4, 2021.

1. ItsAndrew May 4, 2021
    (Last edited: May 4, 2021)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

2. mattylikesfilms May 4, 2021
    (Last edited: May 5, 2021)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Both songs are alright but nothing too exciting. Especially when compared to You’re Welcome.

Edit: “Sinking Feeling” is actually growing on me a lot. Looks like Nathan didn’t even write it either - his guitarist Alex Gates did.

3. fuck this landlord parasite

dylan likes this.
  4. I didn’t like the last album but still bump V. Hopefully I get into this one.

5. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

Not sure if I would have recognized these songs as Wavves if I'd just heard them on the radio, but I kind of like that. I think these guys badly needed a refresh. Production on Help is on the Way is top notch too.

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Interested in this! Used to love this band back in the day.

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

10. wisdomfordebris Jul 16, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 16, 2021)
    wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I feel bad for liking this but it’s really good. Honestly don’t know if I’ve liked an entire Wavves album this much.

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Tempted for the Oakland show

13. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

The latest episode of THE FIRST EVER PODCAST is with Nathan Williams!

Episode Description:

This week Jeremy interviews Nathan Williams of the band Wavves

On this episode Nathan and Jeremy talk drinking in moderation, growing up moving around a lot, community service, his first concert, how he got his first guitar, inflatable boxing gloves, The lo-fi Portland scene, the genesis of Wavves, landing a booking agent and playing NY for the first time, signing to Fat Possum, recording King of the Beach, Imposter Syndrome, starting Ghost Ramp records, working with Big Boi, releasing Afraid of Heights on a major label, the new album Hideaways, fitness, and so much more!

SUBSCRIBE TO THE PATREON to hear a bonus episode where Nathan answered questions that were submitted by subscribers!

Follow the show on INSTAGRAM and TWITTER

[​IMG]

14. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter