Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Waves (Trey Edward Shults, Nov 1, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Sep 5, 2019.

1. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

i think this is the most ive cried in a movie in a long long time.

The way the film breaks you down in the first half only to spend the rest of the runtime coming to peace with the events and building forgiveness for what happened is truly outstanding.

yung_ting and Lucas27 like this.
  2. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Theres so much heart displayed in the 2nd half

Lucas27 likes this.
  3. Lucas27

Trusted

Yeah, I was surprised people thought this was a mess. Nothing messy about this, other than the fact that life is super messy and it displayed that brutally and beautifully. I love movies that break you down and build you back up again.

matthaber and michael_gatto like this.
  4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Really interesting to me how split the opinion on this film is.

Lucas27 likes this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

still need to catch this. it exited our indie theater quicker than i expected

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

It's "out there" now if you know where to look. The official DVD release date is 2/4 so not too much longer

7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This was a good movie, but Taylor Russell's performance is phenomenal.

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man. i loved this. kinda don't see the polarization at all

Lucas27 and yung_ting like this.
  9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Finally got a chance to see this and am super puzzled by the divided takes. Looks stunning, has some amazing music queues, and it does a great job at building up the pressure, delivering the gut punch, and piecing it back together to deliver a little bit of closure.

I really like what they did with the lighting and the aspect ratios.

yung_ting likes this.
  10. atlas

Trusted

this was really really good

11. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Is this streaming anywhere? Trying to find it (didn’t read thread due to spoilers so sorry if it wasn’t posted earlier)

12. Maverick

Trusted

Finally saw this. I thought it was a bold, heavy, powerful and tense film. Right off the bat I was hooked from the soundtrack and mixed with the Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross score I was sold from the start. The tone made me tense with anticipation every time there was a driving scene since I was certain there’d be a car crash eventually. But thankfully it wasn’t that predictable, I really didn’t know what to expect. Movie was very effective emotionally too, powerful acting from all the actors in the family.

Lucas27 likes this.
  13. devenstonow

Noobie

(the absolute uncut gems erasure calling it his debut)

Slangster likes this.