Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Waterparks

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GEM37, Sep 5, 2019.

1. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Starting this thread cuz they suck I guess?

This song's pretty dope tho...

2. 333 GANG

ACAB

Band sucks, singer is unbearable.

slowheart likes this.
  3. emojedi

Trusted

So you just go to every thread and shit on them? Lame as fuck. Great band and super hyped for the new album.

GEM37 and tyramail like this.
  4. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

I really like Waterparks, been listening to them a lot lately.

5. 333 GANG

ACAB

This is a forum, where I have every right to share my opinion on whoever I please. If you don’t like it, block me, or perhaps even consider maybe just... moving on with your life? There’s a novel idea.

Yes, this band are utter garbage. If you enjoy them, great, doesn’t make them any less shitty.

slowheart likes this.
  6. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Considering how much you dislike this band, have you considered moving on with your life?

This is a public forum and you do have a right to your opinion on the band, but do you have a right to condescend to and harass people who enjoy something you don't?

emojedi likes this.
  7. emojedi

Trusted

Much better put then me but yea considering he harasses anyone on here who likes them

GEM37 likes this.
  8. bluecharliedeltaecho Sep 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2019)
    bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

x

GEM37 likes this.
  9. GEM37

She haunts the roads

10. 333 GANG

ACAB

Right, because my original post directed at nobody where I quoted no one was most definitely harassment. Sound logic.

11. emojedi

Trusted

Stop playing innocent when every time they brought you insult them and the person listening to them. You are also called out every time for being a dick.

12. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m not playing innocent to anything. Stop making up a narrative that doesn’t exist. If someone is going to come at me, at least make sense and tell it how it is.

I could care less if you think I’m a dick. Again, if you don’t like my posts, you have two options: block me, or get over it. This band sucks, and I’ll continue to say what I please.

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This band is the most awful band in the pop punk scene and the singer is a proven racist man baby.

slowheart and 333 GANG like this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

ehh just stop posting about them

emojedi likes this.
  15. 333 GANG

ACAB

I don’t really think there’s any reason I should have to do that though. The singer is a terrible human and they’re a bad band. I have a right to express that, don’t I?

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

what did he do that was terrible? Feel free to address that stuff. Just dropping in to say a band sucks doesn't bring anything to the table. If he murders squirrels, feel free to drop that knowledge. I just don't see a point to being a dick when people are just trying to enjoy the band. I haven't seen you bring up valid criticism of members of the band.

17. 333 GANG

ACAB

Their singer has a history of racist behaviour. I’m not going to go and dig up specific examples because that’s not my responsibility, but it’s there.

I don’t think I’m being a dick to anyone. Someone thinks every band sucks. It’s not my fault Waterparks fans don’t like hearing it.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

See that's the thing: its not out there. This is the second Waterparks thread on the site, and his racism hasn't been addressed. I'm not aware of it. I'm sure posters in this thread aren't aware of it. If you are going to say it, at least back it up. You might move people away from the band if they know someone in the band is shitty. Just saying the band is crap makes you sound like a dick. You don't have to like or post about everything.

If you want to talk about the racist behavior, feel free. If you want to post about the band being crap, I can just thread ban you. Its that easy.

beachdude and emojedi like this.
  19. GEM37

She haunts the roads

And your history of behavior in a separate thread about this band doesn't come into this at all? Literally your first post in the tour thread was to insult @emojedi for being excited for seeing the band.

You're making several people uncomfortable, and you've responded to every explanation of why that is with "I can say what I want, get over it." Which is not how someone who isn't acting like a dick responds.

M'kay, I'm done.

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Read this thread. He has a pattern of racist, bullying behaviour. Remember that time he tried to get a random Uber driver fired for no reason and videod himself doing it on socials? He deleted it and issued an apology but it a pattern of behaviour.

For what it's worth, I know a guy who worked for them around the UK on tour and he has some stories about what utter dickheads they are and the way they talk about their own fans behind their back is pretty shocking.

Doomsday and 333 GANG like this.
  21. 333 GANG

ACAB

Thank you!! I couldn’t find any of these tweets in my limited search, but I knew they existed.

I refuse to stop talking shit about this band and what an asshole their frontman is. If you want to thread ban me, go ahead.

22. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Finally listened to the lyrics to this the other day and was pretty impressed with the critique of how self-limiting so many scenes (especially rock music) are, especially in regards to money. Lots of parallels to the same criticisms Punk Rock MBA makes, so automatic respect right there.

23. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I hear Dolly Parton's Splash Country is a great way to spend a warm summer day if you're in Pigeon Forge.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I appreciate this.

25. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Welp, the new album's out and I think it's fantastic! Definitely their best songwriting all around.

bluecharliedeltaecho likes this.