Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Waterparks: The FANDOM Tour (With: Kitten & De'Wayne Jackson) Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Blink182Bouncer Aug 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2019)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

[​IMG]

This winter, Houston-based alternative band, Waterparks are going on their largest ever US headliner, in support of their new album 'FANDOM.' Lead single 'Watch What Happens Next' offers a cutting critique of the toxicity in the rock music scene, and is a rallying call for a change of the guard. Meanwhile, radio hit 'Dream Boy' satirizes the romanticization of band members in a glossy dance-rock tune. Waterparks are known for their high-production live shows, personality-driven lyrics, and the bizarre social media antics of their frontman, Awsten Knight. Needless to say, the FANDOM tour will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Use code 'ALTPRESS' for access to presale tickets on Wednesday (8/21).

2. xthisislove

Regular

If course the presale is “altpress”

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  3. bkaeser93

Trusted

Any idea on support?

4. prtyscenes

welcome to hell boys

i'll be at tampa!

5. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I'll be in Minneapolis!

6. ComplexDivide7

I wonder if Set It Off would jump on this since we now know they aren't on the Falling In Reverse tour. Or is that unlikely?

7. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

It's possible, their last few tours have been in 500-1000 cap venues, and this tour is hitting 800-1500 cap venues, so that would be a powerful combo that could sell out these rooms, but Set It Off might have to take a lower guarantee than usual.

8. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

That single is absolutely terrible.

333 GANG likes this.
  9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Band is douchey levels of terrible. Hope they go away soon.

333 GANG likes this.
  10. xthisislove

Regular

I think one of the reason they haven’t announced anyone yet like most tours do is because they 1) want to inflate their egos if the pre sale is good. 2) they’re waiting to what sales look like to see if they want to book smaller bands and make more money or need to bring someone in that will help draw.
    My guess is they’ll bring chapel back as direct support this time and an obscure band that no one has heard of or a buy on.

11. Joshua

Regular

There's a lot of September/October tours this fall so I wouldn't be shocked if they simply cannot announce them yet.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  12. ccsc918

existing

my friend got me tickets for the cincinnati show, itll be my 6th time seeing them!

GEM37 likes this.
  13. 333 GANG

ACAB

You poor soul.

14. emojedi

Trusted

tyramail, Brent, GEM37 and 1 other person like this.
  15. 333 GANG

ACAB

lol

koryoreo likes this.
  16. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I got tickets for Atlanta, 11th time for me!

GEM37 likes this.
  17. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’m going to the Tampa date. Them and INK is playing the same day a few blocks away from each other and I’m choosing Waterparks over INK

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  18. GEM37 Aug 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 27, 2019)
    GEM37

She haunts the roads

"Hi, I'm Chorus.fm, and I actually believe that what bands I choose to dislike are a valid measure of my worth as a human being."

4th time live, 1st time headlining. Excited.

tyramail, Brent, Joshua and 3 others like this.
  19. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Hey, same! I'm so sick of seeing them play 30 min sets.

tyramail and GEM37 like this.
  20. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Headlining sets are really fun. My favorite was the tour right before Entertainment where they went over the top with production and played Pink

21. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I really love when people give unsolicited opinions and then have nothing of value to say after being called out on being a douche.

I’m pretty excited to see who opens this.

withchappedlips likes this.
  22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Pittsburgh already sold out, & Tampa got upgraded to a larger space.

Also, Awsten says if they sell out Houston, they'll add 'Worst' to the setlist for the whole tour.

Also apparently it's gonna be their longest setlist ever, and have the most intricate production/light show.

emojedi likes this.
  23. ComplexDivide7

It's because when you do that, you give them what they were looking for: Attention and a reaction.

24. 333 GANG

ACAB

The irony of someone who listens to music made by Awsten Knight calling someone a douche lol

This band is pure cringe.

TDenverFan and koryoreo like this.
  25. bkaeser93

Trusted

What venue is Tampa at now?