Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Waterparks: The FANDOM Tour (With: Kitten & De'Wayne Jackson) Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Aug 19, 2019.

1. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Pretty much. You're such a douche for shitting on the douchiest band in the scene. How dare you voice an opinion on a forum! Douche!

333 GANG and Brent like this.
  2. 333 GANG

ACAB

My apologies!! I forgot I needed to seek permission to voice my opinion on a public forum!

3. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Seriously the press release and tour name are enough to make me laugh at how pretentious this band is. Sad that out of all the bands in the scene this is one that actually has a big fan base. Reminds me of the 2008 myspace pop punk scene, but without the talent or fun music lol

4. 333 GANG

ACAB

Spot on. There are some seriously shitty pop punk bands out there, and this one is right at the very bottom of the pile.

5. Joshua

Regular

I could see someone like point north or hold close jumping on after they finish that tour with stand Atlantic/the faim, feels like there's a lot of solid tours ending in mid October this year and a bunch of those bands could totally benefit from doing this tour

tyramail likes this.
  6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

JFC this thread... I get people coming into a news post about a tour, but not the actual tour page.

I used to be a fan of this band prior to their last album when I just couldn't do it anymore, but still had a blast at their shows. Awsten was great afterwards meeting up and chatting for a bit.

If you don't like the band then just get out of here and let those who do talk about it.

7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

You’re more than welcome to feel that way, but your original comment was still unnecessary.

GEM37 likes this.
  8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Same venue, they just added extra flooe space via balcony.

9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I totally get why people don’t like Awsten, I don’t like Awsten. But it’s kinda douchy to actively come into a band’s tour thread and shit on someone else who is excited about it, for literally no reason.

10. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I get that. I try not to personally attack people when voicing opinion on a band, but get why people got upset at his comment. People can like whatever they want and I can give two shits because I'm sure a lot of people think bands I like are garbage. I'm just trying to have fun, but in no means defend shitting on someone for liking an artist unless its someone defending human trash like Falling In Reverse or Brand New, etc.

tyramail likes this.
  11. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Yea same here. I was a fan during the Double Dare era. From when I did see them live, they put on a fun show. I get it though they're not for everyone though. They can be annoying on social media (especially Awsten). And the fanbase has just gotten worse over time

prtyscenes likes this.
  12. bkaeser93

Trusted

Okay good. The balcony always cost more.

13. prtyscenes

welcome to hell boys

anyone have any clue on openers? the way he's been acting about what he wants to take on tour has got me real worried that they're gonna be terrible

14. emojedi

Trusted

Kids See Ghosts are the current rumour

marsvoltamcr, prtyscenes and GEM37 like this.
  15. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Lmao, top-tier shit-post

16. Blink182Bouncer Sep 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 4, 2019)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

But yeah, Awsten makes it sounds like he hasn't decided yet. He said something on his instagram like "Most bands are boring and uninspried nowadays so I'm in no hurry to decide [who the openers are]"

So probably some generic alt-pop group, a smaller scene/pop-punk band, and a few token rappers.

He also jokingly said in an instagram story "Maybe 1. Maybe 0." regarding the amount of openers there will be on the tour.

17. prtyscenes

welcome to hell boys

i am trying so, so hard to not care about his huge ego this time around but he's said so much about how the bands around him suck and he hates them and it's just like... that's not a great way to get people to like you.

anyways, maybe they'll bring chapel or dewayne back. long stretch but super whatevr would be cool again.

nick gray was :/ on the entertainment tour but he's a really nice dude outside of music so i didn't mind it.

tyramail likes this.
  18. bkaeser93

Trusted

Bring out Set It Off/Against The Current/Oh Weatherly.

19. Wawasan Dunia

:-):clap:

20. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yung Pinch and Kitten added as openers

21. bkaeser93

Trusted

ItsAndrew likes this.
  22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

GEM37 likes this.
  23. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’m glad he was kicked off/removed himself.

24. jimmyjazz39

Regular

unfair to say he was the one saying the n-word when it was the features on his songs that said it not him. he's still wrong for pretty much everything else tho

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  25. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Wow, reading this thread reminded me of everything that bummed me out about AbsolutePunk back in the day. I was always hyped up on the MySpace Metalcore bands and every thread about them was just a mess of people scolding people for listening to music they enjoy, which led to me being discouraged from being excited about the music I wanted to listen to.

I definitely see the comparisons of Waterparks to the MySpace pop scene, but I think they’re much more clever than a lot of those bands were. I didn’t enjoy their music historically and I’m still very much on the fence for a lot of the new album- a lot of this music is just very childish almost? Like, if I was 15 and heard it maybe I’d be more into it? But “Watch What Happens Next” is really cool to me because it is very self aware and voices a lot of the frustrations about where the music scene is at and the band’s inability sometimes to feel like they will be able to do what they want because punk fans don’t really like change.
    I like the sentiment because we have all seen so many artists who make leaps with their music and the fans just don’t appreciate it, and it was weird but cool to see a band I never expected to write about it actually execute it so well.

Joshua, Blink182Bouncer and GEM37 like this.