Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Waterparks Apparently Starting Over on New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Awsten Knight, the frontman for Waterparks, has apparently decided to delete the album the band was working on and start over.

I deleted all the files for friendly reminder last night.

— BLEACH BOY VEVO (@awsten) March 27, 2019

Sounds like a joke, but I thought about a lot on the last tour and I have different things to say now. Something else is happening instead. May. Saturday 7PM. See you there.

— BLEACH BOY VEVO (@awsten) March 27, 2019

2. SmithBerryCrunch Mar 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 27, 2019)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This guy comes across as a real douche.

thedrudo, cosmickid, slickdtc and 5 others like this.
  3. Mikeydude91

4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Never forget that they released these lyrics (which are also horrifically bad) after absolutepunk had already become Chorus.

ap.PNG

Omni, Lucas27, Joe4th and 6 others like this.
  5. Isn't this guy a piece of shit anyway?

Brent likes this.
  6. I still laugh about this making it into a song.

It still doesn't top this call out from TANTRUM which might be the most unintentionally funny thing I've ever read:
    To a certain married mister that tried to move on my missus (Cam)
    Try to come around again you'll catch some swings and no misses
    And to the rest I'll keep them nameless
    (Nah, fuck it, here we go)
    It's Richard and Clayton and John, shit, Will, yeah y'all made it
    And if I see you in person I'm taking teeth, trust, you earned this

Lucas27, Joe4th, JRGComedy and 6 others like this.
  7. what the fuck

Brent likes this.
  8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Is it possible to hate someone you'll never, ever meet, that's done nothing personal to you? Cause I think I hate Awsten.

Edit: Nope, I refuse to believe they are actual lyrics from a band that has "made" it. Nope nope.

9. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I knew this band was popular.

But now I'm not sure how that is possible..

Brent, jorbjorb and Larry David like this.
  10. DearCory

Regular

I was in line for merch at the All Time Low tour they were on last year, when these guys finished their set and told everyone to meet them by the merch table... dear god. They set up shop right next to the line and you would've thought it was Jesus! ...and how they soaked it all up from these crying and flailing pre-teens, I'm pretty sure they believed that they were Jesus.

11. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Not gonna lie... listened like crazy to their albums during my last deployment and was excited to see them open for ATL right when I got back. Even told him the albums helped me get through some bad days but since then with me really following him/the band outside of just listening to the music been totally turned off by just about everything about them.

12. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Their live show sucked ass compared to ATL/The Wrecks/SMWRS when we saw them last year. Not a fan

ryanfears, Brent and tyramail like this.
  13. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Was totally unaware of him and them, but foolishly clicked the link to the twitter account...the irony of him proclaiming in all caps that he was going to take a break from twitter because the internet is a sewer only to then pop up again 12 days later with a picture of his hair, more caps locking, and raging about Queen's popularity while saying things like college is a scam.

Brent and zachmacD like this.
  14. zachmacD

Trusted

This dude is so obnoxious. Music sucks too

Brent likes this.
  15. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Their first album was decent, and their second album was pretty bad aside from a few tracks. I did chat with Awsten for like 15 seconds just walking around Warped Tour a couple years ago (after Waterparks started getting big), and he was nice enough. He does come across as super pretentious though in interviews and whatnot though.

16. This guy literally sold his FUCKING LEG HAIR for $250 on Ebay. If that's not an abuse of platform, I don't know what is. Wholeheartedly fuck this band.

They were garbage when I saw them on that All Time Low tour.

Snoblin likes this.
  17. Holy fuck lol

18. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Or they could just, like, scrap the whole project and leave music alone entirely?

Imagine being a grown man, over the age of 12, and calling yourself 'Awsten'... That sounds like the name of a MySpace-era predator.

19. CyberInferno Mar 31, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2019)
    CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Awsten is his legal name (Awsten Constantine Knight), so that's a bit unfair. He shouldn't have to legally change it because his mom decided to be "creative."

coleslawed and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Take it up with his parents.

21. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Cool story br0.

22. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

23. Lucas27

Trusted

Lol. When I saw this in the forum I thought it said actual water parks were starting over. I was like, "How?"

24. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I would rather see that than have another abomination birthed into the world by this band...

25. Lucas27

Trusted

I don’t know who they are beyond the above comments. And I never will.