Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Waterparks – “Lowkey as Hell” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 25, 2020.

1. battlingaheavyheart

searching for a former clarity

As I said before, I have no opinion about this band and don't enjoy their music. If the singer is racist and problematic, thanks for letting me know... I will continue to not listen to them.

That said, I used what I saw in this thread as an example to make a point about a larger trend of music snobbery upheld primarily by men on this site and within music spaces in general, which make communities like this so unenjoyable for young women and girls who are the primary audience for this type of music. I'm not sure why you and others on here are so bothered by me pointing out a pretty well known fact.

I'll say it again because you've chosen to miss the point... there is nothing wrong with constructive commentary. If your emoji was in regards to the band being racist, then I apologize for making an assumption about your intentions. But my original point still stands that plenty of men on this site refuse to let others enjoy music in peace if you don't also enjoy that music... y'all always have to make sure that people feel stupid for liking a band by popping in with your "opinions." If you haven't noticed that, then you likely contribute to the problem.

Hope you have a good rest of your day :heart:

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

It was. To be honest if I didn’t know someone who toured with their them in the U.K. and told me stories about the way they spoke about their fans and other bands I probably wouldn’t be commenting stupid emojis in their posts to be annoying. Plenty of other bands put out music I dislike but I just find the singer of this band hugely questionable I guess.

and thank you, and my apologies for my sarcastic second post I made here, I should have ignored it.

Hope you have a good day.

333 GANG and battlingaheavyheart like this.