Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

WATERMEDOWN - The Same View With A New Light (February 3, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jan 31, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

new record from WATERMEDOWN, whole record streaming on the Equal Vision YouTube channel, for fans of the third wave emo/ The Early Novemeber/ The Starting Line/ Drive Thru Records

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Whaaaaatttttt????? Since when is this a thing??? Surprised as hell right now.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

was announced a few weeks ago with almost no press! Whole thing is streaming on Equal Vision's website. I really like it a lot, its a lot slower/more laid back than the EP, but equally as emotional. some crazy vocal work!

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  5. Anthony_

That's a big fat fucking failure on EV's marketing team's part. I literally just heard about this now seeing the thread on here. Great to not have to have been waiting for it for weeks though lol

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

my guess is that when they heard this, this isn't what they were expecting when they signed them. Oh well, I really enjoy it either way.

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

they didn't even bother to put the songs on a playlist for the stream.. weird

9. Anthony_

That is really puzzling. Either way, I'm stoked for this now and can't wait to listen. Big fan of the EP.

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

let me know what you think... Like I said this is very different than what I was expecting. not sure how it will be received.. there is a song in the middle of the record that I found to be a little out of place, I'm sure you will know which one I am talking about. Overall though its a real solid release- and I think they do an excellent job of capturing the emotional aspect that I was attracted to on the EP

11. Anthony_

Will do!

12. Anthony_

Love the first two songs already. "Locks and Blinds" is a jam and the video is sick.

teebs41 likes this.
  13. Anthony_

The transition from "Redefined" to "Dead Things" may have just given me whiplash.

KidLightning and teebs41 like this.
  14. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

I listened to the first track and I had Hotelier vibes ("An Introduction To The Album")

teebs41 likes this.
  15. Anthony_

This doesn't sound too far off from the EP, generally. It definitely slows down a lot in the second half, and "Dead Things" sounds like a totally different act (although it is a good song), but on the whole it has all of what made me like WATERMEDOWN in the first place. I need to listen to this more, and will once it releases for streaming on Friday, but as of now I really, really like this album.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This was my exact opinion ha.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  17. copey

Regular

Oof. Dead things. Don't know about that one.

18. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Never listened to this band before, but there are some good songs here. The whole thing just feels disjointed, however, and doesn't flow very well. And I'm not just talking about "Dead Things" (which is one of those good songs).

19. copey

Regular

Seems so odd to include Dead Things and Search Box on this album, especially right in the middle of it.

Good album otherwise though.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I really like the record, the back half isn't what I was expecting but it's equally as good. My only flaw on the album is dead things, i guess I don't like being called out for enjoying meat ha. I def know there are some harsh realities to it though, idk I guess it makes me think about something I don't wanna think about which probably makes it a good song.

copey likes this.
  21. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

This is solid. Didn't know what to expect at all and I was pleasantly surprised with the whole record.

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Alright so this is a lot better on shuffle or on shuffle with the ep. Just helped mix up some of those driving songs with the acoustic stuff. Album is a lot better than I originally gave it credit for, what an artist...

It definitely feels like a collection of real good song than a cohesive record but for me it doesn't cheapen the art.