Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Watchmen (HBO) TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Sep 21, 2017.

1. drewinseries

Drew

Man, what an opening.

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

If it stays at this level, renew it for a decade.

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Wow this was incredible

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Uhhh I’m in.

atticusfinch likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

What a premiere. I love this.

Also the movie sucks. Like, it sucks so, so much. Thankfully we finally seem to be getting something worthy of the source material with this series.

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Preview of the season looked great.

7. shea

RIP Supporter

This was awesome.

Definitely need to reread the book. Wife asked about the squid thing and I couldn’t remember at all. Could tell there was some cool Easter eggy shit going on throughout though.

8. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Yeah this was incredible

9. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

The season preview had some awesome visuals and the production on the first episode was so good.

I don’t know that the story itself did anything for me, though. But honestly, the art direction alone is enough for me to stick around.

10. The best pilot in a LONG time. Incredible. Everything was top-notch throughout.

Zilla likes this.
  11. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I’m super curious how Ozymandias will fit into the story.

12. flask

Trusted Supporter

SO GOOD HOLY SHIT

13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Had no idea this was out today. Excited people seem to be liking it.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It... honestly didn't grab me as much as I thought it would, though to be fair I just read the synopsis of the graphic novel like an hour before I watched it. I did LOVE the aesthetic though, and will stick with it for sure. Maybe I have to watch it again

scottlechowicz likes this.
  15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This is bloody fabulous, I’m in. This could be the next big HBO hit

16. DarkHotline

Totally forgot that Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross are doing the score, totally has a NIN vibe

17. DarkHotline

So a theory on Reddit suggest that the boy in the beginning and the old man at the end of the episode will be revealed to be Hooded Justice

18. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

first episode was fantastic, recreation of the Tulsa race riots was a sight to behold. as an enormous fan of the novel this first episode has me so excited

19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Thought this was a fantastic pilot. That Tulsa scene is one of the best TV action sequences in a long time.

20. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I've only ever watched the Snyder movie. This was really great but I legit had no idea if I was supposed to know who anyone was outside of Ozymandias and all the easter eggs outside of references to like Nite Owl and the og watchmen were totally lost on me

21. jbaseball44

I feel like the way the show treats or is presumably going to continue to treat Rorschach and his legacy is going to piss a fuck ton of *those* kind of people off

22. Anthony_

It's super not hard to see how the rantings and ravings in his manifesto would inspire the kinds of people he has inspired in this show.

23. jbaseball44

oh I 100% agree, didnt mean to make it seem like my personal belief. just already seen it all over twitter and screenshots of rottentomato fan reviews complaining, *those* kind of people are going to be really pissed the shows main point is going to be race

24. Anthony_

No I know what you meant, I was kind of just saying anyone who's mad about it is dumb and doesn't actually understand the implications of the source material and how that might apply to the present day lol

jbaseball44 likes this.
  25. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

I do not know what I saw but I liked it and I want more. But jokes aside this was a great pilot. Really curious how they will continue this.