Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Watchmen (HBO) TV Show • Page 48

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Sep 21, 2017.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I wish we could have seen Dreiberg, and I'm still not in love with what they did with Manhattan (ESPECIALLY with his ending, now that it is final) but yeah, I'm not sure what they could've done with another season.

...I also didn't know how they could follow up the book and I loved this show, so who knows.

2. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I’d love more cohesive and rad miniseries from HBO. I hope this and Chernobyl starts a trend across streaming services.

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I imagine even the new GOT series would have to be a 'mini-series' of sorts. Unless they REALLY get into GRRM's details in the book and go heavy handed on all the side characters, it's hard for me to imagine that show being more than 2 seasons max, especially if they're just concentrating on the Dance of Dragons and not the rest of the book.

I'd love to see more shows morph into anthology types if it means more interesting stories get told on screen. You could definitely do an anthology show in the worlds of The Walking Dead, GOT, The Leftovers, etc. And if you really fall in love with some characters and another idea with them pops up, bring them back in a future season for a new story or something if you can come up with a good one

4. Cameron Jan 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2020)
    Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Haven’t they already done two shows in the TWD universe. Yuck

Night Channels likes this.
  5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah but I mean more an anthology where they focus on a different story every season instead of the same group over a 10 season arch. There's soooo many interesting stories you can do in the zombie apocalypse.

6. Night Channels

Trusted

The Walking Dead is garbage

7. Garrett Jan 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2020)
    Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I gave up on that show quite quickly, but the first season would've been remembered as an amazing mini-series. But it immediately lost my interest in season two.

8. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I don’t super remember my feelings about The Walking Dead, but when i first started watching it i thought it was an interesting show similar to Lost or something for the first couple seasons where it had philosophical perspectives forming and then by like season 3 all of those elements were gone and replaced with epic zombie kills and it started doing that GoT thing where writers mistake sadism with good writing and i quit watching.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  9. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

10. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Dirty Sanchez and angel paste like this.
  11. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Season two looks tight

Matt, scottlechowicz, Joe and 7 others like this.
  13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I picked a real weird time to try starting this show

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I was just thinking about how crazy this show is with what’s going on.

soggytime, RyanPm40 and Jusscali like this.
  15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah every time I see a cop in a mask I think about this show.

16. soggytime

Trusted

I never want to read complaints about "Wokemen" ever again. This show has proven to be more culturally significant beyond anything we could have possibly imagined even a few months ago

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

they were weird in the first place given the politics of the comic and it's creator

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. would love to hear lindelof on what’s going on across the country right now

biggest psych of all time

19. NitrateDawn

Regular

Why does he need to say anything? He already made this show

20. brothemighty

Trusted

I still can't believe they gave Zack Snyder the reigns to an Alan Moore property

He's like "Oh got it, treat Rorshach like he's awesome and triple that Dr. M dong size"

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yup. Don’t forget “let’s do shot for shot with the comic but completely miss the subtext and meaning behind the scenes!!!!”

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  22. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

It's funny because so many people were getting hyped because leading up to it it looked just like comic panels

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Is there a way I can watch this on my TV through my Xbox or is it only free through the HBO website this weekend?

24. tvck

Trusted

Looks like it's only through the website unfortunately.

Professor Plumbob likes this.
  25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I got it up on my TV now it’s just tedious lol