Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Watchmen (HBO) TV Show • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

As they explained in the episode, the lithium in the cage prevented him from using his powers on the outside world. The only reason he was able to teleport Laurie, Veidt, and Wade was because he channeled his power through the pool of Keene goo and they were standing in it.

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

RyanPm40 and Wharf Rat like this.
  3. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Not sure I loved the finale but I loved it as a whole. I could watch Manhattan shit forever. Bummed this was the actual story they went with for that reason... as great as it was.

4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I thought it was pretty touching how Jon didn't want to be alone when he died. Angela was willing to stay, even though Janey ran when faced with the same situation.

Nyquist and Victor Eremita like this.
  5. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Well that ruled.

6. RyanPm40

I'm a little surprise that mind control wasn't a part of Trieu's plan. Thought she was going to use the mesmirizer somehow

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  7. RyanPm40

8. Wow.
    Just ...

wow.

9. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

yeah idk as elegant as it was the show kind of lost me. showed way more promise in the beginning.

Aregala likes this.
  10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

truly incredible.

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Good stuff.

12. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

But like...come back lol

13. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah finale was good, felt a little underwhelmed. Still a great season of television.

For a while I thought Trieu was going to become Manhattan but lose all care/empathy for her previous ambitions and become herself detached from everything.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I was in deep thought for 3hrs after the finale ended, still processing it all

phaynes12 likes this.
  15. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

Haven’t stopped thinking about it since the finale, thought the whole season was perfect, exceeded all the expectations i had. Incredible performances too by all the major actors

16. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Yeah, I'm disappointed too it turned into something else at the end there, so it felt rushed. I wish we had gotten more of Don Johnson, and what his betrayal meant to Angela.

17. PeacefulOrca Dec 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 16, 2019)
    PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Of all the possible finales, I thought that episode left the door open the most. Considering that interview, it seems like he definitely did so with the possibility that he might want to come back and do more eventually.

I don't blame him for being so hesitant, the way he describes the process of making the show this season seems extremely exhausting so he should absolutely take his time to decide. I just hope HBO gives him that.

18. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

in case he doesn't have any ideas right away he could just do an adaptation of the original story that would be amazing ;-p

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. NitrateDawn

Regular

Wow.

Among all the crazy Dr. Manhattan stuff and supervillain scheming, the most powerful moment to me was just Angela and Will sitting in the theater talking.

20. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

it's really hard for me to square the incredible show I watched over the last 10 weeks with the constant dumb shit Lindelof has said and is continuing to say about it and his personal beliefs lol

but yeah really really really good TV

RyanPm40 and Aregala like this.
  21. NitrateDawn

Regular

Such as?

22. phaynes12

its a common problem with him haha. all of his shows are incredible but he seems like a massive dweeb. not that unique of a conundrum for people in that industry, it seems.

Victor Eremita and Wharf Rat like this.
  23. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

such as, 'it would be bad if the senate was 70-30 democratic because you can't have one side of politics dominate too much,' 'Veidt was justified and I [Lindelof] might've pushed the button too,' and more recently 'Lady Trieu might've done good things with Manhattan's powers who knows' and allegedly from the latest offical pod which i haven't listened to, 'the original watchmen comic reveres superheros'

24. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Hands down the best TV show this year, just an incredible experience from beginning to end. I honestly would be satisfied if this was a one and done thing, I don’t think this could ever have another season on this level.

RyanPm40 and Wharf Rat like this.
  25. phaynes12

it’s truly baffling he thinks Trieu could have done good with the powers when .... he wrote her character deliberately to show she was a narcissist and wouldn’t have been better than Keane lol

PeacefulOrca, RyanPm40 and Wharf Rat like this.