Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Watchmen (HBO) TV Show • Page 40

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Sep 21, 2017.

1. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

yeah the last thing we know is he laid waste to an entire gang of 7th dudes, no?

oh they implied that he stole one of the masks and infiltrated them or something

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

for real. They conveyed Manhattan’s ability to experience all of time simultaneously so well. Very easy to see what he means when he describes it. It also worked excellently as a framing device.

3. mescalineeyes

I was on my phone half the time posting on chorus dot fm and I still got it

4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

For the past three eps it’s been entirely about Angela aside from like 2 scenes of Blake getting captured by the 7K + Veidt‘s stuff

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I hope the finale is extra long because it feels like there is a lot to wrap up in just one episode

mescalineeyes likes this.
  6. mescalineeyes

my TV tracker of choice is reporting 65 minutes, so longer than most shows but just as long as most episodes of this show.

I'd love a good 75-90 minutes though.

7. Anthony_

I mean what more is there to wrap up other than the final confrontation with the Kavalry, the rest of Veidt’s escape, and finding out what Trieu is up to? Pretty much every other question I can think of has been answered by now.

8. mescalineeyes

WHO IS LUBE MAN

I Am Mick likes this.
  9. Anthony_

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

honestly if it isn't petey at this point, it's one of damon's biggest twists

Matt likes this.
  11. Anthony_

It really wouldn’t make sense for it to be anyone other than petey considering the Peteypedia stuff this week

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

That alone seems like A LOT to deal with in an hour. I'd like some interaction/closure between Manhattan/Laurie, if word gets out that Manhattan/Veidt are back that's pretty big news, how are Manhattan/Angela going to exist going forward, Looking Glass, Angela's grandfather and obviously Lube Man.

There are a lot of stories at play that deserve time and closure, especially as this was designed as a stand alone season.

but as usual, I trust Lindelof until he gives me a reason not to.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. I don’t think closure on all topics is what anyone should expect to be honest.

14. Anthony_

Lube Man is Petey. All the other stuff you mentioned aside from Veidt, maybe, is going to be wrapped up at the Kavalry hideout (and partially at Trieu’s compound). It’s pretty much all going to take place in one location because everyone is there: Laurie, Manhattan, Looking Glass, Angela and Petey will probably wind up going there, etc. Also it doesn’t seem like the rest of the world is going to find out that the original Doctor Manhattan is back on Earth. Just seems like everything has been set up nicely to be addressed in an organic way considering how many of the plots are about to converge.

I Am Mick likes this.
  15. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

It’s Not Penny’s Boat, we know that much.

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

“...and it is extremely hard to be a white man in America right now.”

I don’t think I’ve laughed this hard in awhile.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ok just watched ep8.

As others have said THIS SHOWWWW

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

My only question that they need to explain next week:

Wouldn’t Jon have a German accent!?

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

He came over at a young enough age that I think he wouldn’t have much, but I also think it would be funny if he occasionally slipped into it when he’s “currently living” that time.

20. Anthony_

Could also be that once he became Manhattan he decided to adopt an American accent to fit in better. We don’t know what this version of adult Jon sounded like pre-Manhattan, right?

Cameron likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

True very true.

I’m really interested to see how Laurie reacts to him being here, and in love with Angela.

Anthony_ likes this.
  22. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

HBO's official schedule says 67 minutes. I would have loved a longer one as well but based off how this season is gone I'm sure they'll be able to wrap it up well.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  23. mescalineeyes

I'll gladly take an extra 2 minutes haha

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  24. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

25. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I don't understand why Dr Manhattan just let them teleport him, he said it couldn't be stopped but it seems like it would have in fact been very easy for him to stop them. I'm assuming he did it as part of a bigger plan but just odd when he's so powerful lol