Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Watchmen (HBO) TV Show • Page 38

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Sep 21, 2017.

1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, I've mentioned that last part. What we're seeing could be him recalling his memories prior to what's happening now haha

atticusfinch likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The new stuff on the Peteypedia seems to confirm that Petey is Lube Man

RyanPm40 and atticusfinch like this.
  3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

things still unclear:
    -What all Trieu is actually up to
    -How Trieu and Will got to scheming together
    -If/how Veidt will get back to earth (unless he already is)

We know Trieu loves Veidt but I'm guessing they have a history and she knows the truth of 11/2, hence why she's ahead of the curve on planning to stop the 7th Kalvary from unearthing it (and of course becoming Dr.M which would make its own host of issues). But that also means she'll probably be fine with killing all the other innocents in order to stop them

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I still think Veidt is entombed in that statue in Trieu's tower

atticusfinch likes this.
  6. He was pretty clearly on Europa though.

The buying the land thing makes too much sense that that was him coming back somehow.

DarkHotline and phaynes12 like this.
  7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Lube man is gonna slide in and save the day

Dan Quinlan and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. RyanPm40

Yeah, my theory is that Trieu entombed him when he arrived back from Europa for unknown reasons, or he had to encase himself that way in order to safely travel back to Earth through whatever mediocre technology he had at his disposal. Not that I have any evidence, it just seemed like there was some reason for the camera to fixate on the statue

9. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out next week.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

Was anyone else slightly let down by the Manhattan VFX? I think that's the only thing the Snyder film got right compared to this show.

Zero issues with him still looking like Cal, but I thought the makeup looked kind of cheap, the baldcap looked a little awkward, and I would have preferred his eyes to stay completely white and have the dark circles under them. I know it's just nitpicky though, it doesn't ruin anything for me

11. Great ep. Laughed every time Angela said "Motherfucker!" in reaction to absurdity.

12. brothemighty

Trusted

The CGI in the Snyder version looks terrible

13. drewinseries

Drew

Gotta be the waffles. Breakfast is the most important meal of the damn day.

14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Loved the nods to him meeting Janey in the bar scene - him grabbing the two beers, his use of the “it’s [year]” to speak of the multiple occurring events, etc.

I also really like the design for Karnak and the way they handled his current relationship with Veidt.

I cannot wait to watch it all wrap up next week.

15. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Loved the reading of “get the fuck up off the pool”

Regina King in everything, please

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the only thing i want answers for at this point is the elephant

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. eagles1139

Regular

"This is the moment."

Man. This may be my favorite season of television of all time. Of the eight episodes we've gotten so far, four (the pilot, the Looking Glass episode, Hooded Justice, and now this) are some of the most incredible hours of TV I've ever seen.

The degree of difficulty of what Lindelof and co. are pulling off cannot be overstated. They're doing justice to the source material with such care and nuance that they've actually enriched the source material itself. They're dealing with issues of race and class in a way that is frank, honest, and appropriately messy without ever seeming like a show that doesn't understand its own message. And on top of all that, it's also mindnumbingly fun with a number of badass unique characters.

I totally understand why Lindelof has been noncommital to doing another season. The amount of work put into these 9 episodes is astounding. If this stands as a single-season show it'll be bittersweet, but god I never expected this thing to be THIS good. Grateful for it.

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

he’s a genius. i would take anything at this point, whether it’s anthology of different stories or them taking a few years off to come back

19. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Can I ask how you would articulate the race/class message of the show so far?

20. Anthony_

Tom Mison’s reading of “Enjoy your fucking cake” at the end is also up there

21. NitrateDawn

Regular

I'm wondering if the horseshoe thing means the beings Manhattan created also experience time like him. We saw Manhattan confused about what point in time he was, the same thing could have happened to them back in episode 2, or whichever one it was

22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

that was the best episode yet. made me genuinely sad

23. Anthony_

It appears as though Veidt may have trained them to bake the horseshoe into the cake. He likely anticipated that his escape attempts would result in him being imprisoned and prepared for it by doing that. A lot of the things from the earlier episodes have showed up in the later ones in such ways that they have to have been foreshadowing, like the horseshoe, the tomatoes being crushed in his face, the importance of him teaching his servants to act ("When is a lie not a lie, Ms. Crookshanks?"), etc. It's all part of his plan to escape from Europa.

24. NitrateDawn

Regular

Ah that makes much more sense haha

25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Great, great episode. Was excited than sad at the end, I really wanted them to walk away from that.

angrycandy likes this.