Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Watchmen (HBO) TV Show • Page 21

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yeah I’m hoping we start getting more concrete answers soon. There’s a point of diminishing returns to keeping the audience in the dark and rubbing it in our face

Victor Eremita and Wharf Rat like this.
  2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I mean, Will said it to Angela in ep. 2 (paraphrasing): "There's a vast and insidious conspiracy at play. If I told it to you all at once you wouldn't believe me, so I'm going to tell it to you slowly."

The mysteries are going to last a while.

3. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

6 of 9 episodes have screened for critics and without spoiling a thing I believe answers are coming soon

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah, i would say the questions thing is only accurate to Lost, which i think is as much Carlton's fault as Damon's. Leftovers didn't have many questions and the ones it did were answered fairly early on.

wakaflockajamez likes this.
  6. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

i mean, the central question of leftovers is left ambiguous at the end of the series

7. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Cal is so pure

8. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

wait there are only 9 episodes? :- (

9. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It’s not that I even necessary *want* or need answers, it’s more that there have been so many scenes where it’s obvious the audience has little to no context to even begin to understand what’s happening and that always risks getting tiring after a certain point. Like the end of this ep’s opening scene had that thing crash down from the sky and I was just kinda like “eh yeah whatever” lol

Grapevine_Twine likes this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It was clearly the car that was dropped at the end of last episode though? There was a lot of context for that.

11. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

That’s not what I took from it? Didn’t it land on the property that Lady Trieu wanted?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  13. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The car just kinda hit down with no fanfare or anything. The meteor clearly had a big explosion when it hit

14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Don’t ever question my judgment again, Mick

I Am Mick likes this.
  15. jbaseball44

anyone have any theories on what that thing is? for what its worth I liked that little bit and the fact that they are called the clarks and it seems like a clear superman origin story reference

16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

My initial reaction was that it was Dr Manhattan, but that reaction seems to fall apart under any scrutiny

17. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

isn’t it mentioned that someone is building the same machine that created Dr. Manhattan at some point?

18. jbaseball44

I've seen a few people theorize it's Veidt, since his story seems to be happening on another planet and timeline but I dont buy that. im going to assume its something bad that we haven't found out about yet

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Justin should be Manhattan !

20. phaynes12

i think the series "answered" that question pretty well that it ultimately doesn't matter where they went or why and the connection with those left behind is more important, which seems hammered home pretty clearly with the finale/last few episodes focusing solely on kevin and nora's relationship

Wharf Rat likes this.
  21. jbaseball44 Nov 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2019)
    jbaseball44

Some other thoughts concerning Lady Trieu and related stuff possibly the clock that Lady Trieu has lets her see time in a non-linear way similar to Dr Manhattan (or that it's some kind of time machine) and that the serum she has clearly keeps you from aging, which would explain Will Reeves a bit, and possibly have something to do with that is going down with Veidt, how she knew that thing was going to drop, how she knows how he looks right now, etc. I've also heard it trotted out there that possibly Trieu and her kid have something to do with the Vietnamese woman the comedian kills in the comic that has his baby, which I dont buy

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Regarding Leftovers "unanswered" questions I believe Nora's story

23. phaynes12

same, i don't see any reason not to

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Leftovers left a lot of shit unaswered early I thought and then kinda used the 3rd season to 'answer' even the smaller mysteries (like the dogs)....they do leave a lot of stuff ambiguous, and/or they give answers that could be the answer but then add in a little something to make you question whether the answer actually is the answer or not.

But that was part of why I loved the show.

25. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Isn’t the “point” that it doesn’t matter if her story was true?

phaynes12 likes this.