Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Watchmen (HBO) TV Show • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

This is an interesting theory and I get why people think it, but idk. He acts too much like Veidt to me, clearly thinking he is superior to everyone and showing zero problem sacrificing people (or clones/robots/etc) in service of something "bigger," even if that thing is a dumb play. I do think the quip about Manhattan taking the form of a human will come back into play, though.

stayillogical likes this.
  2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Regina King is so cool

shea, atticusfinch, phaynes12 and 2 others like this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

They better not forget her come the Emmys next year

5. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

what makes you think he’s Manhattan and not Veidt? I’ve heard a few people think that so I’m genuinely curious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I think because in the comics, Manhattan goes to another Galaxy to create life on his own. So these could be his own creations. We also see a Livestream of him building and destroying a castle identical to the one "Veidt" lives in on Mars, and it's suspicious that "Veidt" would make a play about Manhattan's life and transformation. Lindelof has said they've been deliberate in not calling him Veidt, at least not yet

7. Anthony_ Oct 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2019)
    Anthony_

Given the way that Manhattan experiences time and all that, I don't think he would be fixated on his own origin story in such a way that he would write a play about it and murder clones just to put it on. Conversely, I could see how Veidt would be fixated on Manhattan following the events of the graphic novel and also everything that seems to have transpired between 1985 and 2019.

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

1000%

atticusfinch likes this.
  9. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

Exactly this. Also, as strange as it sounds, does he have the ability to inhabit matter that isn’t glowing blue?

10. Anthony_

Yeah that question was brought up in episode 2, with Angela questioning how it could be possible that Manhattan can take human form when Will claims to be him. She also talks about it with Cal later on when she gets home. Seems to be that most people believe he cannot but I can't remember if that was ever confirmed in the graphic novel or not.

jbaseball44 likes this.
  11. Anthony_

Anyway I know it's early, we're only two episodes in, but this is already trending toward "Best Show On Television" status and I'm all about it.

12. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

13. Anthony_

Also Dr. Oz is the Surgron General

14. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

This episode was fantastic. Already answering a lot of questions.

15. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I know I’m going to love this show but the premier didn’t knock me off my ass like some of you.

16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

All the police stuff makes me nervous that the ultimate take away will just be “what if the cops did illegal cop stuff but to the racist white people this time???”

Don’t expect that to be the case in the end but so far that’s kinda been the extent of it

17. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

The chief of police was just revealed to be a member of the Klan. I wouldn't worry about a Lindelof show being thematically simple.

18. RyanPm40

Damn, another solid episode. And of course it wouldn't be Watchmen without a blue hanging dong lmao.

Definitely did not expect that last shot at the end there, wtf. Really want to know who picked him up, guessing it was in another Night Owl ship.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  19. flask

Trusted Supporter

This show is out of fucking control.

20. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I'm wondering if the police chief was some sort of double agent, because for a racist, not to mention a member of the Klan, he sure had a lot of black friends.

21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

im thinking he was the guy pointing the gun at her face in the house, but decided against killing her, and turned his back on the cavalry after that

jkauf, shea, RyanPm40 and 2 others like this.
  22. RyanPm40

I agree that the second person in the house must have been him, but not convinced that he turned his back on the Kavalry. I can't think of why he spared her, but I'm betting it's more complex than that. Who knows, though.

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think it’s been too long since I read the book/saw the movie because I don’t know what the fuck is going on

24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I still think it’s good but I’m not getting off like some lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. RyanPm40

I think it's tied with Mr. Robot for my favorite drama that is currently airing on TV anyways. Not sure how I would feel if I weren't familiar with the comics though