Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour Future Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by bruinrk, Jul 19, 2018.

1. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

So when can we start shit posting?

2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

3. KevinLyman

4. GEM37

She haunts the roads

5. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Michael G likes this.
  6. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

i'm going to go out on a limb and say they go with philadelphia for east coast.

7. Joshua

Regular

I heard something about an atlantic city date and if that's the case they'll probably skip out on philly

8. bkaeser93

Trusted

I hope Florida gets something

9. TylerCrouse

Regular

This is a possible dumb question lol many people are complaining Cleveland over Chicago for Midwest. I think a few more dates will pop up not many but a few. But my question is besides AP being here in Cleveland do you think he didn’t chose Chicago cause of the many festivals they have there already? It makes sense why he wouldn’t wanna do it there.

10. DonnyFTW

Regular

Being from Canada I'm sure that the distance from Toronto (about 5 hours to Cleveland, 8.5 to Chicago) played a role as I'm sure other bigger cities proximity to Cleveland vs. Chicago.

11. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Being that here in Chicago we have Riot Fest, which has a ton of crossover scene-wise, that's probably why they didn't choose to do it here, which makes sense. Still find it odd that Cleveland has just one date. Or are they doing two different cities on the coasts? So many questions!

12. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

What was that one venue with the sign that said "Home of Warped 2019" this summer?

13. fbrrocks

Trusted

would be nice if Hartford got an east coast date

14. amrgirl95

I'm pretty sure it was Merriweather in Columbia, MD.

15. red8ge

Regular

did warped tour deserve to die

16. emlantzy

Regular

I tweeted this earlier but I think there will be: Cleveland, Maryland, Florida, & 2 dates in California. I swear a saw a venue in Maryland say there would be a date there and I only chose FL because that'd be the fairest distribution for the east coast.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  17. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Chicago is far more expensive to hold an outdoor festival than Cleveland.

I think Cleveland being more east than a true midwest makes me think "east coast" might mean somewhere further south. I'm kind of shocked there's nothing in say, Dallas.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  18. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Also kinda surprised they said "West Coast" instead of California. Is it possible we'll see justice for the PNW?

Alastair, tyramail and GEM37 like this.
  19. Cali Sad Boy

I thought that was interesting when nothing specific was announced when it came to the West Coast. For sure thought 2 days in San Bernardino

GEM37 likes this.
  20. Emokid79

Regular

I was just talking about that. I feel it has to do with all the festivals already in Chicago. And the fact that Cleveland is closer to a lot of other cities.

21. young&menace

Hartford hardly sells for Warped as it is, no way would an anniversary stop be there

oldboot likes this.
  22. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Certainly my hope but I’m not holding my breath for it. My guess is probably a date a piece in the Bay Area and SoCal.

23. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I think Kansas City or Indianapolis would be a more centralized location for the Midwest date, but they're not as big as Cleveland.

24. TylerCrouse

Regular

Well I’m glad Cleveland got a warped date now the big question. Stage setup do you think Kevin is gonna shoot for big bands only and keep it maybe 2 main and monster or think he’ll bring back the stage for small bands?

25. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I think it'll be
    -1 Mainstage
    -1 Side Stage
    -2 Smaller band stages

The mainstage & side stages would be staggered so there aren't any conflicts, and the smaller stages would more just be live music adding atmosphere to a plaza or bar area, adopting the model of some rock fests.

Alternately they could do two main stages & 1 side stage and call it a day.

Ultimately I think the bands on main stages will probably be a bit bigger than usual & the smaller stages won't be as varied. If they're going with the standard setup for rock festivals they won't be able to have as many bands and will want to have most of the action across one centralized area (and unfortunately, probably not take risks on smaller national bands, as this will defnitely be a nostalgia-driven event)