Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour Future Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by bruinrk, Jul 19, 2018.

1. TDenverFan

Regular

I think it also rained horribly, ending the show early. I bet some people who were planning on buying tickets day of just decided to stay home

2. riseagainst4L

Regular

I can’t say too much, but I would plan on one California date and one NYC/NJ/Philly date.

3. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Honestly, I see three dates happening:

1. West Coast (Southern CA, no doubt)
    2. Midwest (Chicago, Michigan, or Ohio)
    3. East Coast (Numerous possibilities)

Emokid79, ALT/MSC/FAN and Michael G like this.
  4. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

If the Southern California date isn’t in San Bernadino I’d be shocked. Kevin has done both Taste of Chaos festivals and the It’s Not Dead fest at the same place, so I’m assuming it’s a natural fit.

This all only matters if there’s some small version of Warped in 2019.

5. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Wherever it is, I'm excited for Warped Fest!

The only issue I see with "Warped Fest" as compared to the other big festivals; Riot Fest, Bonnaroo, etc. is that generally I think the demographic for the others are slightly older (20's and 30's mainly) that have a greater ability to travel to a show. Much of the Warped demographic is made up of teens that would have a much more difficult time traveling across the county for something like this, so it will be interesting to see what they do.

alkalinexandy and Michael G like this.
  6. It’ll probably be like a Self Help thing. Speaking of which, why does Self Help skip the NYC area every year? We don’t get ANY punk/hardcore/metal festivals.

kman22 and SomeGuyNamedMike like this.
  7. cameoutswingin

Regular

I feel like there's no good venue for those types of fests. Except like riot fest, all those big fests are in rural areas. There's Randal's island, but that seems like it would be expensive to rent out.

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

What about the Jets/Giants facility? I know it’s NJ but still same market.

9. I don't know, MetLife is REALLY expensive. Tickets would be crazy.

10. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Looks like an AC date next year.

Attached Files:

11. riseagainst4L

Regular

12. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

marceting likes this.
  13. anewhope

Regular

seen on Insta

[​IMG]

Michael G likes this.
  14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I suspect the line-up will reflect this. It'll probably be a mix of the "old school" Warped acts, as well as some of the newer ones (and some of those that "crossover" more, e.g., New Found Glory).

Definitely curious to see what they pull out!

Bayside 182 likes this.
  15. Minusblue54

Regular

Finally found this thread. My 2 cents. Not holding out for MN closest will most likely OH or IL. Hope lineup scues heavier. Aimed toward older crowd. Hopefully good mix of old and new acts.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  16. simonthebutler

Regular

Being one off dates I am sure they will be able to book the much bigger bands that wouldn’t sign up for the full tour but would happily do a one off festival slot. Bands like paramore/blink etc.

alkalinexandy and Cgarnsay like this.
  17. Michael G

Regular

I wonder if Kevin’s gonna keep It’s Not Dead fest then, and what that means for punk bands on Warped

18. Emokid79

Regular

Columbus wouldn't work. Don't really have the space for something like that. Even more so if Crew SC leaves. As The Crew is what keeps that stadium running.

19. marceting

Trusted

#SaveTheCrew

Emokid79 likes this.
  20. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

21. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Anybody have any guesses as to what sort of timeframe the announcement for the new fest will be? Before the end of the year or after?

22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

next year

23. sam_might_say

They’ll probably tease it soon, then I imagine a spring announcement for a summer festival

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Probably a March announcement is my guess.

25. sam_might_say

This sort of answers our questions?

5F7200AD-90D8-4420-B033-D4FAC8E2D2AF.jpeg

GEM37 likes this.