Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour Future Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by bruinrk, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Detroit would end up at DTE...which would work.

I larger acts, less stages, same amount of sponsors. I really think Kevin isn't ready to say goodbye like he thought he was. This year has been too good to him, and IF he can market it right I think it would work. I'm thinking more of a Mayhem style show, though stick to a better budget.

2. emlantzy

Regular

I'm not sure how accurate this is but a few people have mentioned that it will be coming back next year but only for a month

Minusblue54 likes this.
  3. deededtheman

Boston should get it. Mansfield is one of the best selling Warped dates and has a huge pop punk following and besides Boston Calling there is a huge hole for festivals like this. Most areas have at least some big rock festival and we will have none anymore after Warped ends.

oldboot, Katelynnn and young&menace like this.
  4. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I hope there's a Northern Midwest date in like Minneapolis/Des Moine/Eau Claire or something. Probably just wishful thinoing though.

Minusblue54 and Michael G like this.
  5. TylerCrouse

Regular

I hope Cleveland gets it next year. I know there usually in September but Chicago get riots fest and Detroit gets self help so and Cleveland gets nothing besides warped so I hope we can get this still!.

6. Darth Annihilus

Regular

People that went on the warped cruise last year have been asking Kevin about another as they've been going to the tour and he's saying he has plans for another one of those.

7. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

regardless of where it is, its a really cool idea and would definitely attract the larger bands like Blink, Fall Out Boy, etc.

On a separate note I am curious to see if there is any effect on the up and coming bands in the scene. For the past 20 plus years Warped was really one of the best ways to discover new bands. sure you can find stuff on spotify, Itunes, and youtube and that sort of stuff but to me there is nothing like discovering a band live and in person and seeing their raw energy. I do think it will be unfortunate for some of the bands just starting out to get recognized around the country. Many of the bands I've enjoyed over the last 10 or so years, I have discovered via warped.

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I remember talking to bands at the SoCal dates, and roughly ALL of them basically confirmed that its going to be weekends in different cities. Next year its the 25th anniversary so I'm sure they'll rope in a lot of bands from the history of the tour on that alone. I bet they'll still do the cruises too. Going forward itll be interested if they steer more into the older, more punk bands, or the heavier and or poppier bands that dominated the later years lineups.

I also have a lifetime warped backstage pass and am praying they let me keep using it, lol.

Minusblue54 and GEM37 like this.
  9. Michael G

Regular

I can definitely see there being a California date, Florida, Boston and maybe Chicago or Minnesota or something. It’d be so fun to see what they do, I just hope Kevin still has a say in the booking. As much as I trust Vans since they’ve been there since day one, I’d be worried that they would start going too mainstream to make money and kinda leave the “Warped scene”

10. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I think Ohio or Detroit over Chicago because the amount of festivals in Chicago could be problematic

11. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Ohio would be perfect because

1. Ohio Is For Lovers
    2. A certain Bowling For Soup song...

Cgarnsay likes this.
  12. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Wouldn't be surprised if the Midwest date went to Cleveland, honestly. Detroit has Self Help and Chicago has Riot Fest.

13. Michael G

Regular

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they did it in Minneapolis since Minnesota declared July 22nd as Official Warped Tour Day in the State

14. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

My guess would be:

- DC/Baltimore area
    - Cleveland or Columbus
    - SoCal probably San Bernardino
    - Mayyyyybe Texas
    - Mayyyyybe PNW
    - Mayyyyybe Atlanta/Charlotte/Jacksonville

15. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Definitely not Jacksonville, it only pulled like 3500 people for this warped.

16. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I was thinking more for proximity. 2hrs from Orlando, 4hrs from Tampa, 5hrs from Atlanta, Charlotte, and Miami. All of those are big markets.

17. Michael G

Regular

Wait whaaaaaaat?! That’s horrible, even with 2017 standards. How the hell did they not cancel that show?

18. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I'd count Las Vegas in as well. People would easily make a vacation to Vegas around it.

19. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

An outdoor festival in the summer in Las Vegas is less than ideal for fans and bands when you can be 30 degrees cooler 3 hours away in SoCal.

Michael G likes this.
  20. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I cant imagine them doing more than 5-6 dates, max

Michael G likes this.
  21. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

There should be an event in Scranton. We already have two multi-day events here (Peach Festival, Camp Bisco) every summer so the venue knows how to handle festivals.

Rootradical likes this.
  22. fbrrocks

Trusted

they should still do this in hartford because we get skipped a lot and its only fair. plus we don't get fests

23. Darth Annihilus

Regular

It basically was super cramped and 3500 seemed like a lot of people for the space they shoved it into. As far as the monster stages it was literally just shifting back and forth with maybe 20 feet between the barrier and the sound tent.

24. Michael G

Regular

Yeah that’s kinda how Las Cruces was last year. They had the sound booths super close to the stage to make the crowds appear bigger I guess

25. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i think my friends who were on last year said that that date had <1000 paid, meaning there were more people working on the tour than paid