Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour Comes to an End in 2018 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

This Kevin or that one, it all seems the same. Exploit the avenues, fix all the gains.

2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Exactly. No bands have blown up lately in the way so many from the Warped Tour scene did in the mid 00's, and I'm sure that's hurting the tour's bottom line. But maybe instead of blaming kids like he implies, he should recognize he's been giving the platform to garbage bands for years now who have no business getting big, and rock/punk music just isn't as popular as it was then (and as you said, the scene has fragmented too).

summertimejesus likes this.
  3. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Every good memory I have of going to Warped as a kid has been thoroughly tainted by the way Kevin Lyman has interacted with me. It fucking crushed me to realize someone I looked up to and wanted to be like was never on my side, never cared for my or any young girl’s safety. And each time he took time out of his day to belittle me for demanding change, it made me hate everything Warped stands for a little more.

Good fucking riddance. I can’t wait to see what better, more positive thing replaces it. We will remember him as someone who was given the opportunity to grow and make positive change from a position of power and blew it up instead.

ryan.conde, NL, AndrewSoup and 19 others like this.
  4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Never made it to a single Warped Tour, but I also haven't had the desire to go for well over a decade.

5. That's why him saying decade is funny.

6. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

So Less Than Jake perfected time travel and in 2.5 years released 25 years of releases?

7. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Even crazier....The Offspring has been around for OVER 3 decades.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Vans Netflix Tour. I'd attend that. Pay $$$ to watch new Netflix shows months before they air? Hell yeah.

This is basically the end of huge touring festivals as we know it. Mayhem's dead. No one know's what's up with Uproar. Summer Slaughter is still going strong, but that thing mainly hits up 1,000 cap venues.

beachdude42 and heymattrick like this.
  9. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

that last sentence you quoted...is he insane? Is he really gonna turn a blind eye to the fact that he provided a hotbed for these situations with his peter pan summer camp tour?? you know, the one with practically no accountability? Like wow. He had the opportunity to go out with a semblance of respect and acknowledge the ways that he himself and his festival have contributed to this scene's problem, and choose to remove the tour because of that reason. But nah. It's the kid's fault cause they don't "go to shows"????

10. DesolateEarth

Birb

You gotta hand it to Less Than Jake, putting out 8 albums since 2015 like that.

11. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard took notes.

Aaron Mook and Chuck! like this.
  12. donniejohn36

Was is the music scene even going to look like in a couple years? Is everything once we found to be great now just going to suck? I'm talking with all the allegations going on, many music icons dying out (prince, tom petty, bowie, etc.) music not as good imo, not being able to make a living as a musician, tours going under. What is the future for music? Is there going to be a turnaround or is it going to keep slipping downwards?

13. Honestly, I have wonderful memories of Warped Tour in high school. It made me feel like I belonged when I almost never did. That being said... it is long past due to let it go by the wayside.

14. personalmaps

The future is that those who have been silenced and mistreated get a chance. You can’t honestly think only these shitty dudes are making good music? There are SO many bands out there. GOOD bands. Music isn’t getting worse. Get these assholes out of the way and watch true talent and good people flourish.

15. John

Trusted Prestigious

The future is a lot more diverse.

16. God I hope so. It could be fantastic. I'm crossing my fingers that this happens and not that new creeps step in to fill the void.

17. personalmaps

I really want to believe!! Or we have the people who deserve it getting bigger and better- paramore just put out the best album of their career, Mitski is touring with Lorde, The Maine are more popular than ever, etc. it’s hard to see through all the bullshit but goodness is rewarded.

18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

There seems like so many creeps, but there will never not be great bands full of non shitty people.

19. SetYourGoals

I think this leaves a lot of room for A Day To Remember's Self Help Fest to step up and maybe be a full tour. Maybe more focused, less dates, less artists, but better quality? I really liked the one Self Help I went to. And since it's run by a band it probably is less shitty for the bands? At least I'd hope.

smowashere likes this.
  20. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Good. I'm hoping something more inclusive and diverse can step in and take the place of the trash heap Warped has become.

summertimejesus likes this.
  21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Except the bassist of that band is just as bad as the rest.

Jacob Davidson likes this.
  22. DillonHigh

I'm sorry but WUT

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I only went to Warped three times, and usually only to accompany my younger sister (though I only agreed to it when there was people I wanted to see like NFG, Sum 41, Yellowcard, LTJ, ATL, etc.), and even when I did go I never really got the appeal. The crowds were awful and the idea of a band playing a 35 minute set just doesn't seem worth it for me. The fact that Lyman is so openly a piece of shit (along with the shit lineups and giving horrible people platforms) makes me not really care about this information

24. Fuck warped tour - all the bands that got big would have gotten big anyways without this toxic bullshit festival

ship90 likes this.
  25. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i re read what i wrote, i didnt see a typo or anything. What would you like me to clear up for you?