Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour Announce Cruise • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I think FB is the worst platform for musicians. Let's break down your page. You have 43k (which is killer by the way) and FB only allows you to reach 10% of it so 4.3k likes. So that's the maximum number without paying. Your posts get less than 10 likes on average from what I saw. So essentially, your reach is about .001% of your likes. If FB allowed you to reach every person that liked you, you could easily clear a minimum of 400 or more a post!

2. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. My project is still very young, and I'm concerned about the lack of local attention here in Colorado. I've been lucky enough to make some good money on the side, and I know people are engaged by my music. Do you have some tips? For the longest time I gave too much credence to facebook likes. For example, I think 3OH!3 has right about as many likes as Bring Me the Horizon, but who is more famous? Fairly obvious on that one! BTW, I promote at $3.00 a day, and am definitely pleased at the returns.

3. Behind the Barricade

Well, other than FB's breakdown of who sees your post, one of the first things labels do is look at the amount of likes and how engaged your audience is. My old band had 25k followers on Twitter but only 200 something on FB. I did all my promotion on Twitter since everyone can see a single post, rather than FB hiding them. When I showed record labels, they were more concerned about FB likes. Very ass backwards if you ask me but then again, it is harder to get a like than a follow. With FB, the best things I do on my page is promote other popular bands in your scene. The more tagging you do, the more people will be engaged and share a post to their followers. It's turned into a game of chance unfortunately.

With your 3oh!3/BMTH argument, if both were coming up now, 3oh!3 wouldn't have 4 million likes or be as famous. The fact they blew up 8 years ago (with a lot more people on FB) helped them immensely. Now a days, I know most of my friends aren't on FB and if it wasn't for my podcast, I wouldn't be on either. Also, good for you for getting the FB ads to work! They really didn't do much with my old band but I'm debating using it for my podcast.

4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Hey sorry for the late response! Thank you very much, I value this advice and will take heed of it. I know what you mean by ass-backwards haha, my friend has 600 likes or something on Facebook, but over 100,000 listens on Soundcloud. I don't get that one AT ALL. I name drop the band Allegaeon a lot on this site, because I was friends w/ all the original members and they rule. They have just over 100,000 likes on FB, but their post engagement is phenomenal. Some posts get THOUSANDS of likes. They have a DEVOTED fanbase. Their post to like ratio is outstanding. Thanks again man, I just dove in to this shit. AND though I am popular in Cairo, Mexico City, Seoul and have been offered shows there, I have been seemingly shut out by the venues in Denver. Ugh.

5. Behind the Barricade

Dude, my podcast just talked to Greg in Allegaeon right before that Patreon controversy came out! He revealed a lot on the show about how they're all struggling and everything so for them to still be out on the road gains my respect. Here's the episode if you want to check it out ()

You know what, shoot me a PM (or DM, whatever it is on here). I think I might have a way to help out your reach but it'll be way too long to explain on here.