Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour Announce Cruise

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Sounds cool. Has anyone ever been on one of these music cruises? Are they more or less fun than seeing the bands at a traditional show?

3. Interested to hear what "Emo Nite" ends up being

4. Liz

Ew, David

I went on the Paramore cruise and it was one of the best times of my life. Its feels a lot more intimate than a normal show because you're all on a ship together for four days, the bands do a bunch of activities with fans, and its all superfans instead of casual show-goers (which may or may not be a plus haha). It's like being in a music bubble floating on the sea. It's just a really cool experience.

Dan O'Neill, js977 and Bayside 182 like this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This looks super fun, haha

6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I really wanted to do the Weezer cruise back when that was a thing

Also lol 3oh!3

7. Chuck!

Regular

I would love to do a music cruise someday. This lineup doesn't do much for me, but it's smart that it's poppier acts. It would be bad to have a bunch of dipshits moshing on a boat lol

Also, I'm pleased to see Cartel on the lineup! They never broke up per se, but I assumed they were probably done after the successful Chroma tour.

8. Joel Gustafson

A glass can only spill what it contains

Maybe tossing 3OH!3 overboard will be one of those to-be-announced onboard activities.

9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I'm guessing they're getting the LA guys to "spin".

10. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Great idea, way to pricey in my opinion...

11. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

*fart noises*

I was expecting another one-off festival announcement, such as "It's Not Dead" and "Taste of Chaos" back in 2015. This is extremely underwhelming. Congratulations to anyone who has the money to afford this and the privilege to take the time off from work.

Eric likes this.
  12. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Lol

Cartel and TSL would be awesome to see. Everyone else... ehhhhh

Mr. Serotonin and Joel Gustafson like this.
  13. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Not a fan of Less Than Jake? They put on one of the most entertaining live shows I've ever seen.

marceting and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Look he's a vegetarian and he ain't fucking scared of you

15. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I don't know too much about them to be honest

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I've been wanting to do one of these concert cruises. I was hoping blink would do one but this is even better!

17. ARo24

Regular

It would be awesome to see TSL for a few days in a row. Cool idea.

18. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish are enough for me. The rest is just bonus.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  19. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, and The Starting Line would be great. The rest wouldn't be terrible. Hmmm

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It's probably because I'm not a cruise person, but... None of these music cruises have ever seemed like they'd be worth the price of admission.

The Flogging Molly one looks pretty cool every year, but I just can't ever bring myself to spend all that money on one trip when I could go to one or two other festivals somewhere else in the country for the same price (or cheaper). I guess it's all about the experience and all that, but I don't know.

As for this one? Are any of these bands big enough to really "anchor" this thing, or are they banking on the Warped Tour name to sell it? I just feel like there's not much crossover anymore between a lot of these acts that would make it add up to a total package anybody would want to see?

But there's people in this thread already proving this theory wrong, so I don't know.

Regardless, good on Warped for trying something different!

21. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Good Charlotte is pretty huge. Even if the band took a break and just recently came back. Benji and Joel are A-list celebs. Their name will probably sell quite a few tickets.

22. The Format

Regular

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  23. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

3OH!3? For real? I mean they're my dudes and all but if you do the math so many small artists(including me)are more popular/have a greater ratio of "likeablity" than these guys. 5 mil on facebook but then they'll get like 60 likes per status update. Somethin's keepin them afloat(pun intended). I hope they don't see this.

24. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I think they're an odd choice as well.

That being said, what are you talking about regarding you being more popular than 3OH!3? Or are you referring to the number of comment likes to overall page likes as a metric indicating you're more popular?

25. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Sorry to comment late! Yeah, I only have 43k likes, but generally outperform their ratio. They have 5 mil and I saw a post w/ 40 or 50 likes once. Yikes. If that makes sense.