Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 25th Anniversary Speculation Tour • Page 53

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by theasteriskera, Jan 7, 2019.

1. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

It’s fun seeing so many people comment on the Bert / Shakespeare thing. He’s been doing this for a while now I’m pretty sure! He was definitely doing similar things during the tour I saw with Glassjaw supporting them after their latest record came out.

I wish Hidden in Plain View didn’t get rained out because I didn’t go back after and they were sounding SO good. Probably my biggest highlight because I don’t expect to see them again (I’d love to, though!!) and most of the other bands are artists I’ve seen before and come around frequently.

It was also cool to see The Starting Line, though I’m wondering if the summer tour is just the start of a comeback for them. I doubt it, but that would be dope because there’s so many fans that are like me- I’m sure- who haven’t been able to see them because they never come to town.

Sleeping With Sirens new song is kinda dope and it sounded fun af live.

Anthony Green is literally always the most entertaining person ever and I wish I loved Circa’s music more because he just kills it every time I see him... why can’t every song they write be as catchy as Get Out? Also, Schema isn’t in their sets anymore and that’s a shame.

Thrice opening with Yellow Belly... dang boys!! Haha. I look forward to their Disrupt set.

I hate how Mark always makes the “contractually obligated” comment- like dude, you already seem disinterested in being up on stage to begin with, and that comment stopped being funny 3 shows ago. I did like when he sang the party song to the potties though. Generational Divide is dope and I got to hear my favorite blink song (Don’t Leave Me) so I’m happy about that!!

Save Face is dope. That’s all I’ve got for now.

MysteryKnight and alkalinexandy like this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think Blink was probably the best set of the weekend for me. Definitely the best they've sounded in a really long time

Worst set was definitely Good Charlotte, they sounded awful. Joel seemed really drunk or something.

SYG, Big D, Aquabats, Starting Line, Less Than Jake, Anti-Flag, TSSF, H2O, Menz, TBS, ADTR and Reel Big Fish were all really great as well

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  3. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Favorites: Menzingers, Blink, TBS, Circa

Also a ton of fun: Simple Plan, The Used, The Offspring, Thrice

Solid and/or had no expectations and was pleasantly surprised: Andrew WK, Not Ur Girlfrenz, Neck Deep, Pink Spiders,
    Starting Line

Only real disappointments were Good Charlotte (as everyone has said) and 311 (not their fault but in retrospect I'd rather have gone to see We The Kings)

MysteryKnight likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I thought the starting line sounded awful, Kenny’s bass overpowered everything

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I also saw we the kings open with skyway avenue and it sounded so bad I went to 311 instead

MyBestFiend likes this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Awesome sets: less than Jake, glassjaw, simple plan, a day to remember (even though I don’t listen their music they were fun as hell), the story so far, circa, menzingers (what I heard from the ocean), taking back Sunday, the used

meh: thrice, the starting line, the offspring, blink, 311

wish I could’ve seen but didn’t: hidden in plain view, good charlotte

ALT/MSC/FAN and MysteryKnight like this.
  7. zachmacD

Trusted

Did anyone end up seeing Man Overboard? We didn't show up until TSSF was playing but I'm curious how they were.

This is probably sacrilegious around these parts but I skipped TBS to see Neck Deep. I've seen TBS probably 15 times and had never seen ND before. ND was pretty good but didn't play Parachute so that was disappointing. I ended up being able to see the last 3 songs from TBS so it worked out though.

Good charlotte was definitely the worst band of the weekend I thought

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I watched a little but I wasn't feeling it and went to H2O instead, they sounded better than they used to sound live though. Crowd wasn't moving or anything though

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

worst band I accidentally saw because I was over at merch was sleeping with sirens lol

ALT/MSC/FAN and withchappedlips like this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh my god I walked by during their set and it sounded so awful

withchappedlips and sophos34 like this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

in terms of lineup the festival was pretty good but in terms of atmosphere and set up and just general feel that was by far the best festival I’ve been to

theasteriskera likes this.
  12. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

What was the contractually obligated comment?

13. riseagainst4L

Regular

Basically just said “we are gonna play a few more songs for you guys, because we are contractually obligated to xD”

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  14. riseagainst4L

Regular

Lineup aside this was absolutely the most fun I’ve ever had at a festival. The set up, the lack of bag checking allowing me to sneak in all the food and alcohol I wanted, being able to go in the water, etc. all added up made it the best time ever

It was literally just a beach weekend with my friends with music behind it

That said, the fact that I liked the lineup and enjoyed the music being played at any given time made it an absolutely over the top insane experience

I hope they do this again, it was worth every penny spent.

15. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I’m 100% sure this will be the final year, but honestly, they could absolutely continue doing this with the format they’re doing this year. There’s quite a wide variety of bands/groups they could book each year from all eras of warped. Plus they could book bands that easily fit the demographic, but never played Warped prior

MysteryKnight likes this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

what if every time i die played

JaytotheGee likes this.
  17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

If they weren't on the Coheed/Mastodon tour, I totally bet they would have.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  18. CTFFEMT93

Regular

I’m holding out hope that they get announced as a last minute guest for Cali

19. kman22

Regular

Even with the weather, this weekend was such a success. I'd be very surprised if this was really the end.

It was tough to miss almost every band saying they were honored to be playing the last warped tour though.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

For me I had 100% of a good time but it would have been 150%

sophos34 likes this.
  21. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Apparently Kevin told a few of my friends that another cruise is already in the works. I didn't hear it so I can't 100% confirm it, but I don't really think they'd lie about something like that because we all became friends through the cruise

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  22. Cgarnsay

Trusted

He has said that before too, I am hoping we can get something to continue what this festival is

23. MysteryKnight Jul 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 3, 2019)
    MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I had emailed Kevin the other day just to thank him for doing warped tour all these years and stuff, and asked if he thinks he would ever put together another festival like this in the future. He said most likely not, but possibly a warped cruise in a couple years

theasteriskera and Mrplum5089 like this.
  24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

doesn’t have to be warped, just put some festival on the AC beach every summer

25. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah the AC beach was a great location for a festival. It would feel weird if they did this set up next year with the same kind of music and didn't call it warped tour. I'd still go though lol

One of my friends keeps saying that this won't be the last one, it's just marketing. But Kevin seems pretty set on not doing this anymore and I don't really see anyone else continuing it. Kevin's daughter doesn't work on the tour anymore, right?