Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 25th Anniversary Speculation Tour • Page 52

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by theasteriskera, Jan 7, 2019.

1. zachmacD

Trusted

Today was fucking awesome! All the bands were good and the weather was perfect

MysteryKnight likes this.
  2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Saw the set times for day 2...poor reel big fish

3. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

To be fair, Bowling For Soup overlapped TBS and Offspring and still had a huge turnout. I caught the tail end of their set once TBS was done. I noticed in general a lot of the secondary sets were packed despite the heavy hitters on the main stage. Can’t confirm how RBF’s set went, but other bands that were typically on main stage in years past did pretty well on the other stages this year.

zachmacD likes this.
  4. zachmacD

Trusted

Neck deep had a big turnout as well despite the overlap

5. zachmacD Jun 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2019)
    zachmacD

Trusted

Btw, Varials were fucking awesome. I caught their “set” yesterday and was stoked they got to play again.

I think the Used were my favorite band of the weekend.They brought it and sounded fantastic. I saw them when LFTL came out and I thought they were terrible so this was a nice surprise. I definitely didn’t notice that Burt doesn’t scream anymore either.

theasteriskera likes this.
  6. Did anyone get Quicksand’s set?

7. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Today was super amazing. Got to see all the bands I wanted to except BFS.

My favorites of the day I think have to be The Used, Taking Back Sunday, and blink-182.

I’ll have to think more about who had the best sets out of both days. It was just so amazing to see my favorite band play one of my fave albums in its entirety to close out warped tour.

Really wish this wasn’t the end, and maybe it isn’t? (lots of bands certainly were hesitant to call this the last warped tour and made a lot of jokes about it)

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I know Kevin said that this is the last Warped, but I could definitely see the festival coming back in this form in about 5 years or so, seeing how well this went over.

9. Joshua

Regular

Weekend was pretty sick! Saturday was still great despite the evacuation, the set time cuts weren't great but i did like being able to get out of there to buy food for a fraction of the price. Really glad I didnt have to pick between set your goals or the aquabats, because I would've picked set your goals and the aquabats ended up being my favorite set on Saturday. The weaker day Saturday honestly was preferred, only seeing 9 sets made it easier to appreciate the other attractions more and get water more frequently, as Sunday I barely left the main stages. Sunday was a great time too, favorite sets would probably be anti-flag and circa survive. I don't listen to circa but Anthony green is one of the best vocalists in this scene, and was thoroughly impressed with how great they sounded at the hottest point of the day. I hate sand, it's my least favorite thing to step on, and despite that being in the way for 20 hours this weekend, I still managed to have a good time. I'm not expecting these destination shows to be an annual thing, but wouldn't be too shocked either with how well attended these shows are. If this is the last time I can reasonably fit in a warped tour date, I am very satisfied

Ben Buchnat and zachmacD like this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I just loved the fact that it was on the beach, swimming during the menzingers was the most fun I had all weekend

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

I know they wanted this to be the end of Warped, but honestly after the massive success that this was I can't see this not coming back next summer. I guarantee there's already been talks about this becoming an annual thing in AC and replacing what once was The Bamboozle.

Ben Buchnat and Brent like this.
  12. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Did anyone check out the Game Changer Wrestling show they did there this weekend?

13. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

They could definitely make this an every year thing and make a ton of money. But I just feel like this year they literally had all the classic warped bands on the tour that who could they even get on the lineup next year to make it different and appealing for people to want to go again?

cameoutswingin likes this.
  14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Oh this isn't a every summer thing?

kman22 likes this.
  15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

there were a ton of bands that would’ve fit on the line up this year that didn’t play, likely because of their own tours this summer but could reasonably play next summer if they wanted

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I can think of plenty of typical warped acts that didn't play this year: Paramore, All American Rejects, Fall Out Boy, Rise Against, Rancid, Mest, Against Me, Deftones, Sum 41, New Found Glory, Story of the Year, Goldfinger, The Movielife, Alkaline Trio, MxPx, Dropkick Murphys, The Ataris, Coheed and Cambria, Thursday, Bouncing Souls, The Early November, Relient K, Mae.....I could go on and on.

I could also see this festival being the place where disbanded acts like Something Corporate, Finch, Yellowcard etc. reunite for one off shows.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I hope they do this every year. What an absolute blast

Ben Buchnat and SaveTheEarth like this.
  18. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

amorningofsleep likes this.
  19. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

It seems pretty simple to just rebrand the name to something like Warped East and Warped West. Just drop tour from the name, maybe put in fest idk.

20. CTFFEMT93

Regular

My entire body hurts after last night and I fucking cried my eyes out after blink 182. Granted I was drunk. But god I am gonna miss this tour so much.

Mrplum5089, marceting and kman22 like this.
  21. mikeb1124

Regular

What a weekend! Sucked that 311 only had Nick's mic working (and no one on stage / in crew seemed to realize?) and the $13 cash-only beers were annoying but the music was awesome and the emergency evac was handled really well.

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  22. TrailerParkJesus

OG

This weekend was amazing, it really felt like a full on culmination of my past 16 summers. I literally cried every day.

marceting, Ben Buchnat and kman22 like this.
  23. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

After having some time to think, here's the top bands I saw each day.

I saw 8 bands on Saturday (full sets) and a few bands where I only caught a few songs
    I saw 10 bands on Sunday, and then a few more where I saw just a few songs.

Overall I would say Sunday was the better day, not just because I saw more bands but the overall quality of the bands I feel was better. Let me just rank all the bands I saw each day, I'll start with the worst

Saturday:
    8. The Aquabats - I only saw them cause I was waiting for We The Kings, they weren't bad, but I didn't know any songs
    7. Atmosphere - Again, only saw them cause I was waiting for Good Charlotte, but I actually did enjoy them. never even heard of them before now
    6. Less Than Jake - they always put on a fun show, solid stuff
    5. Simple Plan - another band that always puts on a good show
    5. Travie McCoy - ended up being 3rd ow for his set which made it much more enjoyable
    4. Good Charlotte - first time seeing them live and they didn't disappoint, sounded great and had a great setlist
    2. A Day To Remember - crowd was wild for this one, and ADTR just sounds so good live
    1. We The Kings - missed 311 to see them and well worth it, because they are always amazing. They even played Check Yes Juliet twice, once with just the crowd singing the entire thing - incredible

Sunday:
    10. Big D and The Kids Table - I wanted to enjoy their set but I was so hot and thirsty that I really couldn't. They sounded good though
    9. Atreyu - didn't really know any songs by them but I enjoyed their set, good way to start the day
    8. The Dirty Heads - they were solid, and never seen them before so that was cool
    7. Set It Off - another band that always puts on a good show when I see them, Cody's mic was a little low I feel for some songs though but it didn't take away too much from the set
    6. Not Ur Girlfrienz - fun set, I could see them getting popular in the future, being 14 year old girls and getting to play warped tour has got to be an insane experience
    5. The Offspring - played all the classics, can't go wrong with The Offspring, good band to lead up to blink
    4. Anti-Flag - Energetic and sounded solid, some people don't like when bands get political but I love it
    3. Taking Back Sunday - my 7th time seeing them live and always a blast, and they still sound great
    2. blink-182 - one thing I notice with blink-182 is they don't really interact and talk with the crowd too much, they like to keep playing song after song - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I wouldn't say it's a good thing. I'm just happy I got to see Enema of the State in full. Can't think of a better end to warped tour than my fave band playing one of my fave albums of all time.
    1. The Used - had a blast during their set. The band sounded great and the crowd was really into it. Bert reciting Shakespeare every few songs was a weird but fun touch lol

Such a fun weekend. Was looking forward this all year and it's already over. I'd love it if they made this an every year thing, but I'm not going to get my hopes up because they have made it pretty clear they don't have any intention of doing something next year

24. TrailerParkJesus

OG

My only qualm about the weekend was that TBS didnt play TAYF in full, in fact they only played like 2 from it. I'm sure they are tired of it, but to constantly be playing it and not give it to the Warped crowd was a tad dissapointing

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

my best set of the weekend was easily circa survive