Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 25th Anniversary Speculation Tour • Page 44

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by theasteriskera, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Blink 182 added warped and riot fest to their enema poster.

2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah, if I lived in Cleveland, I'd go for Simple Plan and The Slackers.

3. TMS2787

Trusted

Emery was laughably bad.

ncarrab likes this.
  4. zachmacD

Trusted

those guy have to be pretty old now right? I feel like they were almost 30 back in the day

5. TMS2787 Jun 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2019)
    TMS2787

Trusted

I’m old so I can’t say anything but my girlfriend says to me: “these guys are old as fuck” when they took the stage. I saw the lead singer is 43. I don’t think show quality decreases with age (ex: Every Time I Die) but yesterday was really bad. I was left wondering if I had been wrong about them the last 12 years. Lol.

I also didn’t find his joke of him saying: “20% of our merch sales go to feed starving child.” And he stops as the crowd cheered and says “they are our kids”. Just seemed like a shitty joke to make when child hunger is such an issue in the world. It also led to a Twitter war of me vs. Emery fans.

6. Mtlman1331

Trusted

It was just a silly joke, really no harm there. Think you took it too far.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  7. TMS2787

Trusted

Maybe, maybe not. It just came as tasteless to me. And I’m not one of those people who’s always saying things are wrong and offensive. Oh well I guess. Lol

theasteriskera and Cgarnsay like this.
  8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Cleveland Warped was just as incredibly disappointing and shitty as I expected lol

9. TMS2787

Trusted

I’ll co-sign this.

10. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

You're not wrong; it's especially shitty considering Emery are on a Christian music label and have "existed" in that scene for a while now. If a band like NOFX cracked that joke, it'd be expected. Hearing Emery joking about child hunger is weirdly out of touch.

TMS2787 and SaveTheEarth like this.
  11. ALT/MSC/FAN

Were Simple Plan and The Slackers decent at least?

12. TMS2787

Trusted

I think of Fat Mike made the joke I’d even say “Jesus Christ, that was bad.” But being they are “Christian” I felt it made it even worse. But everyone on Twitter wanted to tell me how I’m sensitive and triggered. Yeah, sure, okay. They seemed a lot more angry than I did.

13. I miss this so much hahaha

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Unfortunately had to leave before Simple Plan and got there right as The Slackers wrapped up so I missed the only two sets I wanted to see for the most part lol

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  15. TDenverFan

Regular

Simple Plan always put on a good show,definitely a band I like more live than on record

theasteriskera and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  16. ALT/MSC/FAN

Agreed. Simple Plan always destroys live.

theasteriskera likes this.
  17. red8ge

Regular

the exhibit looks pretty funny. wow! the guitar from the guy in Pierce The Veil!

theasteriskera and JaytotheGee like this.
  18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

There's definitely a few pretty cool things in there but yeah most of it lol

19. young&menace

Anyone with VIP get their tickets for AC yet? I got an email around a month ago telling me my tickets were printed but still haven't gotten them

20. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Anyone hear anything about any after parties for AC? I gotta think there will be something going on

21. Rootradical

Ballys has emo nights on Sunday and they said it's a official after party but nothing confirmed through warped.

22. TMS2787

Trusted

Hey, if you’re a Katy Perry fan… this exhibit is for you! Lol

red8ge likes this.
  23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I’m hoping maybe an aftershow or something

There will definitely be an Emo night somewhere both nights I’m sure

24. cameoutswingin

Regular

Emo Night Brooklyn announced for Bally's Sunday night in AC. No cover.

zachmacD likes this.
  25. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Well I had a free hotel room at the Hard Rock but they won't give it to us now because of the high demand for that weekend. Not surprised they did that at all though lol it's all about money