Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 25th Anniversary Speculation Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by theasteriskera, Jan 7, 2019.

1. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

My vote is for Meadowlands

K0ta, marceting and falafelmywaffle like this.
  2. erniesthings

With a 2-day discount, do you think the acts will be the same on both days or totally different like other multi-day festivals.

With Cleveland only getting the 1 day, wonder if the lineups will be much different?

3. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I really hope it's 2 days of different artists, but I hadn't even considered that it would be the same artists 2 days in a row.

I'd imagine the lineups will have some of the same artists at all 3 locations, but there's gotta be some regional acts only playing the day/days in their area.

4. rbarlyo

wawa defender

BBT is way better than PNC but I have a feeling it won't be at either

5. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Thought perhaps.... that Massachusetts would be a good spot. Alas, it doesnt seem like it - and NY would be the place to be. :/ Good. I can save my $60 (times 3, for 2 daughters)

Is there only 2 dates then? (speculating)

alkalinexandy likes this.
  6. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

The Meadowlands is where they used to hold Bamboozle, wouldn't be surprised to see it there (and would love that, a short drive for me).

theasteriskera and marceting like this.
  7. cameoutswingin

Regular

I'm gonna say meadow lands doesn't seem realistic anymore. The american dream mall is slated to open before the summer, and MetLife Stadium and that share parking (It will be closed on football Sundays, for parking, and because of Bergen county's blue laws that prohibit most shopping on Sundays.) So instead of that area being dormant 345 days a year like it was in the past, it will actually be used, so no room for a fest.

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

What about Convention Hall and Stone Pony summer stage with the inside of SP and wonderbar being side stages?

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

Convention hall only holds 5,000 people. I think their anticipating bigger draw acts for this.
    I also don't think they're gonna do the typical parking lot. If they aren't doing that field in AC then I'd guess Randall's Island.

10. K0ta

Ahh that's a bummer, I didn't realize that mall was finally opening.

And yeah the Stone Pony is in a concentrated beach area, not enough room I don't think for something of this size.

I've never been to Randall's Island, but the only other place (aside from upstate) that I could think of around here would be Jones Beach, where they had Warped.

11. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Prohibiting shopping in Sundays?

12. cameoutswingin

Regular

13. K0ta

14. sam_might_say

Wild. I never knew laws like that existed. This might be the first non-musical history lesson I’ve received on this website...

(Also, ridiculously stupid question: It prohibits retail stores from being open Sundays, but are Targets and Walmart’s exempt? Since they’re like, partial grocery stores?)

15. cameoutswingin

Regular

Not sure about Walmart, but Targets are closed i believe. And Costcos are open, but have the non grocery sections roped off.

16. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I live in Bergen County, & venture out on Sundays forgetting about the Blue Laws almost every weekend. It's extremely annoying

17. red8ge

Regular

seems very...unamerican? you should be able to shop whenever the fuck you want

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  18. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Massachusetts had blue laws years ago, preventing liquor sales/beer sales on sundays....

THose are gone now (thank god)

alkalinexandy likes this.
  19. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Minnesota did too, then when the ban was voted repealed, a local liquor store started selling on Sundays before the law went into effect. Big point of contention between the police & stores.

theasteriskera likes this.
  20. rbarlyo

wawa defender

Never been more glad to live in Central NJ

21. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Contrary to popular opinion, it exists!

rbarlyo likes this.
  22. sam_might_say

That’s what Amazon’s for!

23. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Walmart is roped off in non grocery sections like Costco

24. rbarlyo

wawa defender

25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm really not sure where in MA they could do it if they went the "non-parking lot" route. I'm sure there's options; I just can't think of them. Hah.

Warped Tour was at Suffolk Downs in 2000 and 2001, but not sure how well that would work these days.

My current best bet after reading this thread is Randall's Island in NYC.