Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 25th Anniversary Speculation Tour • Page 10

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by theasteriskera, Jan 7, 2019.

1. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

Green Day playing Dookie for it's 25th anniversary would be unrealistic for these dates right?

theasteriskera likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

I feel like Green Day would be way out of reach for this.

In my head I'm imagining something like: Fall Out Boy and No Doubt as the headliners; Deftones, The Used, and Dropkick Murphys as subheadliners; and Rancid, NOFX, Good Charlotte, Sum 41, Goldfinger, The Vandals, Anti Flag and Mighty Mighty Bosstones as the undercard.

Only 2 more weeks till we find out.

alkalinexandy and theasteriskera like this.
  3. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

I feel like if there aren't that many bands at the Cleveland date they could be possible but otherwise I agree with you. If I get to see Streetlight Manifesto play a beach in New Jersey it'll be worth it to go for me.

4. sh0ez

Regular

Maybe a hint...?

5. red8ge

Regular

green day could sell out stadiums on that tour and i don't think they owe warped anything

ItsAndrew likes this.
  6. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

More likely a hint towards their tour supporting ABR more than anything.

7. sh0ez

Regular

very true

8. chelsealouanne

Regular

As much as I wish for No Doubt to reunite for this occasion, it may be a little unlikely. Assuming it would be the MV date, Gwen has new dates that same month for her Vegas residency. (I'll have to double check if it's the same days). But, I know how active No Doubt has been on their social accounts, but I'm not looking into that too much. It would be awesome though, since next year is the 25th Anniversary of Tragic Kingdom. That said, I could see something big happening next year for them possibly. Maybe another Riot Fest grab.

9. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Are the APMA's still a thing? And would that be tied to Cleveland Warped in any way?

10. Jon Feb 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 14, 2019)
    Jon

Regular

Apmas are dead I think

11. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Posting this a couple weeks before the lineup gets announced? Hmm

12. jimmyjazz39

Regular

what was it??

13. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

A picture of them from warped tour with the caption: “Who else misses Warped Tour? As wild as that tour is, there is something incredibly special about getting to interact with you all in such a cool, intimate way. Everyone there, artist or fan, felt like one big family. We need more of that in this world“

14. jimmyjazz39

Regular

who's them

15. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Echosmith. Sorry didn't realize it didn't say who lol

16. zachmacD

Trusted

After going to emo night last week, I'm pumped for this. One of my best friend's Dad lives in Atlantic City, so we're going to see if we can stay at his place and go both days.

I also love that it seems like Warped Fest is going to be similar to Bamboozle. I went to Bamboozle '06 and '08 and those were a blast. It's just so much better so see bands play for longer than 30 minutes.

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Green Day, Fall out Boy, and No Doubt are all way out of reach for this in my opinion. All three are arena acts.

I could see Dropkick Murphys and Deftones being headliners, for sure, though I think the Used is more of a "subheadliner" (at best) at this point... I'd put Rancid and A Day to Remember in the ring as possible co-headliners (or sub-headliners, however you want to frame it). Both are definitely big enough.

18. Localman

Regular

ADTR tour dates are popping up for mid-June across the southern US. Possible they work their way up to AC.

young&menace and rbarlyo like this.
  19. zachmacD

Trusted

That would be cool. I have 0 interest in going to see them headline but I'd love to see them again at a festival

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

I dunno, I feel like if they're charging $150 and are expecting 50,000 people, they're gonna need at least one arena act.
    They even reached out Halsey about performing, and she tours arenas.

But yeah, those three names are too big of names. I'm thinking they'll book an act that barely sells arenas, like a Paramore caliber act.

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I didn't know the ticket price was going to be $150. That changes things a bit.

22. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I bet it’ll be Fall Out Boy/Paramore/ADTR

23. zachmacD Feb 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2019)
    zachmacD

Trusted

This will never happen but I’d love to see Armor for Sleep again. Their first two records are classics for anyone who likes emo/pop punk

Also, a proper Saosin reunion with cove would be awesome

24. red8ge

Regular

went out to philly from nyc for those 10th-anniversary shows and they were really great

zachmacD likes this.
  25. zachmacD

Trusted

I actually took the train from philly to nyc to see them when they did their reunion shows in 2012. I couldn’t get anyone to go see them again when they came back for the 10 year shows. I would’ve loved to see them at the Troc!