Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 25th Anniversary Speculation Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by theasteriskera, Jan 7, 2019.

1. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I know there are very mixed feelings in regards to Warped Tour's existence/demise/legacy, but I personally am excited about whatever the anniversary this summer has in store; there aren't many opportunities like it. After pondering & talking to others, I have a few thoughts/questions...

I assumed that the East Coast/West Coast shows would be 2 days in the same location, but a friend thought that for East Coast maybe there's one date in the Northeast & one in the Southeast. I'm still assuming it would be 2 days in the same location, for East Coast I'd have to assume Jersey/NYC would be the ideal location. I'm not too sure about the West Coast.

I figured it may be a typical lineup, but someone mentioned the idea that since it's just a few days, it brings forth the possibility that we may get an artist like Blink 182/Paramore/Fall Out Boy/A Day to Remember that played in the past but has "outgrown" Warped as we knew it.

I'm very interested in everyone's thought & ideas though!

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  2. SPine

Trusted

I'm hoping for Sum 41, The Maine, The Story So Far, and Less Than Jake. I could see them having an actual headliner

theasteriskera and GEM37 like this.
  3. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I’m excited!

As for the locations, my guess for both West Coast dates would be in California - one in the Bay Area (probably Mountain View) and the other in SoCal (almost certainly Pomona). It’s only a 6 hour overnight drive, so I imagine they’d be able to keep the majority of the roster for both days, with a few local exclusives.

I don’t know how many arena sized acts they’d be able to get, but I’m more optimistic about them being able to lure back some of the ‘old guard’ punk bands who’ve graduated to mostly playing festivals - acts like Bad Religion, NOFX, Descendents, so forth...

The big question I have is how similar the structure will be to Warpeds past - how many stages, will it still be 30 min sets, and will it still be a lottery system?

4. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’m hoping for a Florida date with Anberlin, A Day To Remember, Pvris, Underoath, Pierce The Veil, New Found Glory, Taking Back Sunday, All Time Low, The All American Rejects, Dance Gavin Dance, Silverstein, The Plot In You, Picturesque, Thousand Below, Blessthefall, Architects, Hands Like Houses, Stick To Your Guns, Every Avenue, Nothing.Nowhere, Chase Atlantic, Chapel, and The Audition.

theasteriskera likes this.
  5. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I was pretty bummed the lineup last year for the final cross country tour didn't include like any punk bands like you mentioned. I wonder about the structure too, with it not needing to be as time pressed down to the second I'd hope that there would be a possibility for more established artists to have longer set times.

That's a crazy stacked lineup! I know All Time Low mentioned something recently about taking some time off, I'm not sure how long.

6. red8ge Jan 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 7, 2019)
    red8ge

Regular

how many speculative warped tour threads do there need to be? lol

7. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

TWELVE

8. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I don't see any in tours, where are they?

9. red8ge

Regular

ItsAndrew and theasteriskera like this.
  10. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

It'd be cool to see a 90s era Warped band or two that isn't Less Than Jake or Reel Big Fish (don't get me wrong. love both) take part. Rancid or Bad Religion would be neat.

11. sam_might_say

I’m crossing my fingers for this

12. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Rise Against

13. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Just really hoping to see some bands this year

14. DesolateEarth

Birb

The thing I don't get is this: Why didn't they just make this year the last year for the full Warped Tour? Seems a little odd that they would end the full tour the year before the 25th anniversary instead of on the anniversary to me. I know ticket sales in 2017 were down but they literally could have probably hung on through 2018 and then had a massive 25th anniversary finally tour celebration in 2019 in all of the usual stops instead of "here are a few limited dates that not all of you who want to go will be able to attend. Happy 25th. " I don't get it. Seems to me like Kevin Lyman just sucks at planning this stuff well.

Cgarnsay and ABRfan3295 like this.
  15. sam_might_say

If 2018 wasn’t promoted as the last Warped Tour, I honestly don’t believe it would’ve done well as it did. While it was a good lineup, while it had a decent mixture of newer and older acts, it wasn’t anything too special, and was pretty similar to the last couple of years. As much as it sucks that it’ll be gone soon, they made the right call of making last year the last full-country one

16. DesolateEarth

Birb

I mean I get it from a business perspective (at least in terms of 2018), but it just seems like an "F U" to the fans to have such a lackluster looking 25th anniversary celebration. Like depending on where the east coast date is, I may not be able to go. Whereas if they had done the full tour again I most certainly would have gone because there would be a couple options within reach. Right there that is one potential lost ticket sale for how they are doing this.

17. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I'm still bummed out that 2017 sold so poorly. Probably my favorite lineup in the 14 years I attended. At least top 3.

rbarlyo and Cgarnsay like this.
  18. DonnyFTW

Regular

I don't think Kevin owed the fans anything after breaking even for the last couple of years before losing money on 2017, no reason to lose money in 2018 before claiming the 25th anniversary to be the final and him hoping to make money (which we now know he made it in spades, but without hindsight he was looking at potentially losing money 3 years straight). He did the best he could. I've been going to Warped yearly since 2005 and I'm happy to continue going as long as time and funds allow for it even if it means travelling.

19. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I think I remember the Warped Instagram saying that some of the bigger names they wanted to get wouldn't do a full tour but would do a couple dates here and there (a kin to the anniversary destination shows). So I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin had the idea to do the last Warped related thing for the 25th anniversary and really wanted to go out with a bang.

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Location and dates being announced on January 28th.
    Lineup coming early March.

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The Interrupters is skipping Cleveland on their massive spring tour. Hmmmmm....

alkalinexandy likes this.
  22. DonnyFTW

Regular

Good catch! It’ll be fun to see them again if they are playing.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  23. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

And so the "real" speculation begins...

ALT/MSC/FAN and DonnyFTW like this.
  24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Finally saw them at Warped in Cleveland last summer - so good.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  25. sam_might_say

Also no SoCal date either. Hmmm pt. 2

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.