Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2018: The Final Cross-Country Trek Tour • Page 64

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Mar 1, 2018.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I have two questions:

1. Where's the leak?
    2. Give me the leak.

2. emlantzy

Regular

I agree, I'm so glad its good, I was nervous lmao

ryanfears likes this.
  3. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

It leaked on foreign Spotify, but now it's at the usual spot

ryanfears likes this.
  4. I think for a band like Champs, Feldmann works for them. Look at We Are The In Crowd (RIP). Their sound BEGS for Feldmann, and they made their best record with him. Same seems to go for SC.

emlantzy likes this.
  5. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Just gonna say it: Not a fan of the new State Champs. I prefer the faster, happy-angry, angsty sound, and this just doesn't feel sincere.

Alastair likes this.
  6. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Feldmann is right up there with Mike Green as producers who both make and break bands.

They try to box everything into a nice sound, and unless the band is willing to push what they want it'll just fall to the wayside.

Feldmann seems to make really generic pop-rock songs (a la 'Blink-182's California') but can help a band define their sound and boost the production value tenfold if they're willing to push (Sleeping With Siren's 'Madness' and All Time Low's 'Future Hearts')

Mike Green also seems to zap all the magic out of songs. I blame him for how underwhelming As It Is' and Neck Deep's last albums were. There was no musical depth. All the same guitar tones and super plastic-y.

7. bkaeser93

Trusted

I actually didn’t get into Neck Deep until there last record. I gave them try after try and they didn’t click until the last one.

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

TPATP has some great songs, but LNOTGY is just bangers straight through and every song had it's own personality

TPATP had songs like Parachute and Critical Mistake which while decent, didn't click with the rest of the album, and songs like The Grand Delusion which just felt like filler

9. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Just think that this is exactly what everyone here was saying about two months ago...

10. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’ll give those albums a try again but In Bloon and Don’t Wait are the two songs that made me think wow I’m actually digging this band.

11. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Why do people blame producers instead of the band if they don’t like the songs? The band almost always picks the producer and has the final say on their songs.

12. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Feldmann knows how to make things sound crisp and clear, but that's not always a compliment to the songs. I don't think he's a bad producer at all, but he takes the punch out of certain albums.

13. Joshua Apr 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2018)
    Joshua

Regular

I haven’t heard the song, my only complaint with Feldman is all the wohh oh ohss

Update: heard the song, and the wohh ohh ohhssss are present

14. rmjk56

I just listened to the song for the first time and laughed pretty hard when oh ohhs kicked in literally as soon as the song started

15. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Lmao, exactly how I felt. I knew about 2 seconds in it wasn’t going to be good.

16. bkaeser93

Trusted

I like the new State Champs song. Hoping they do a headliner after Warped.

emlantzy and lindsaylove081 like this.
  17. red8ge

Regular

new SC is pure fast food: sounds catchy enough but you can tell it's completely engineered from top to bottom and there's no human element

Blink182Bouncer and koryoreo like this.
  18. emlantzy

Regular

I've heard talk of a fall tour!

19. sam_might_say

So Warped’s FB page posted something in the event page of the Pomona date, but immediately deleted it. Did anyone catch what the post was? I missed it

Michael G likes this.
  20. Michael G

Regular

Andrew WK released tour dates ending in late May and then starting again in mid August, hmmm

21. bkaeser93

Trusted

Them headlining? I would expect them to do a tour in the fall besides those couple of FOB dates. Just hoping for a headliner lol

22. sam_might_say

A lot of his tour dates are cities that Warped is hitting. As wonderful as it sounds, I wouldn’t get my hopes up...

23. emlantzy

Regular

That's what I'm assuming, I don't see why they wouldn't do a US headliner in the fall and then take it overseas in the winter/spring

24. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I for some reason could see them doing a co-headliner with The Story So Far if they ever announce their album.

Michael G likes this.
  25. btr

Trusted Supporter

TSSF doesn’t hang with those kind of bands anymore and is doing their own thing.

young&menace likes this.