Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2018: The Final Cross-Country Trek Tour • Page 63

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Mar 1, 2018.

1. spudmuffin

Late but this exact same shit happens to me every year too.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  2. emlantzy

Regular

Homesafe is touring in June/mid-July, Ryan is only doing half of Warped with KP

tggibby55 likes this.
  3. btr

Trusted Supporter

Wouldn't be surprised if he eventually leaves KP.

4. tggibby55

So far he's remained adamant that he won't be but if Homesafe keeps getting bigger as well as KP I don't see how he could do both

5. holdyourarrows

It's so fun seeing people still talk about STR. My best friend just married Alex back in October and I was one of her bridesmaids. They released an EP back in October as well, idk if you guys listened to it.

6. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

the new STR EP was good, but since they do cover shows I don't know if any of it will ever see the light of day in a live setting.

7. holdyourarrows

Most likely not. They pretty much said they did it for their hardcore fans who have stuck with them basically forever and have been wanting new music. Plus Alex has his solo stuff now and a few of them have their side bands that they've been focusing on too.

8. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Hey, whatever helps them continue playing live music. I have many friends in cover/tribute bands so I don't pass judgment. 10 years ago I wouldn't have thought that, but I know how it can be in certain markets. Lots of people in those bands do write original songs as well, but you do what you gotta do to stay afloat.

holdyourarrows likes this.
  9. oldboot

Regular

No kidding! That's awesome. Alex, Toby, and Nate played my buddy's wedding last summer. Even played a few of the classics (Nurse! Nurse!, Gettin' Clean, etc.) acoustic, it was pretty funny. I loved the new EP too. It's great that they found a way to make a living from playing music. I will always miss the glory days of the Station and grange hall shows, but they're great guys and I'm glad they're still making music in some capacity!

10. holdyourarrows

Oh man I miss the Station. Those shows were honestly the best.

11. thatissometal

Regular

I don't follow them and I don't mean I don't like them because of that but are they starting to be more poppier now? I feel like they've tried to go the ATL route but I could be wrong? And probably unpopular opinion but I do dig the first 2 albums but I find their singer to be extremely cocky and annoying.

12. Michael G

Regular

Damn that’s really bumming me out, I hate cocky musicians. And I hate ATL’s music honestly so I don’t want State Champs to start sounding like them, I really dig their music

13. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I don't get that impression at all? The only song they've put out since ATW&B was Slow Burn and that's one of their least poppier songs. We won't really know until new music comes out.

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  14. oldboot

Regular

Small world. I am sure we attended some of the same shows growing up! The Station will always be my favorite..may it rest in peace :'(

15. Alastair

Rad Plaid Dad

They put out Hurry Up and Wait too. I always thought SC were definitely a poppier band than, say, KP or Real Friends. Derek's vocals are pretty polished (good for him) so I always thought they were way more poppy than punky in the pop-punk spectrum.

As for Derek, every interview I've heard with him, he seems down to earth and grateful for where he's at in life. He's from new york, and people from NY tend to be more confident (in my experience. painting with very broad strokes here). He's also an incredible singer and front man of one of the biggest up-and-coming pop-punk bands in the world. I mean, he has a reason to be confident, and confidence often gets interpreted as cocky.

Michael G and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  16. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I just listened to Hurry Up & Wait and it sounds no poppier than anything they've released previously.

17. Michael G

Regular

You’re very right about that second part, I have some coworkers from New Jersey and they’re super confident and not afraid to say what’s on their mind (not like in a jerk way, but like they don’t see things as offensive or rude) so it’s kinda like a cultural difference haha

18. emlantzy

Regular

I've met Derek a handful of times and he's always been super nice, I definitely get the New York thing you mentioned. He also grew up playing hockey and most hockey players come off as arrogant and cocky so that might also be it.

19. oldboot

Regular

lol easy now

redwing91007 likes this.
  20. emlantzy

Regular

I'm not WRONG lmfao my little brother is even like this

21. oldboot

Regular

Haha, played hockey my whole life and I currently coach at the collegiate level...I would say a minority, not most, are arrogant. But I'd also say that a minority of most athletes come across like that. I guess it's just anecdotal. I agree with your assessment of Derek, though!

emlantzy likes this.
  22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Gonna guess Chase Atlantic's setlist

1. Into It
    2. Numb To The Feeling
    3. Drugs And Money/Cassie/Swim
    4. Triggered
    5. Friends
    6. Okay

23. bkaeser93

Trusted

24. young&menace

State Champs new single should be out at midnight, it's out in other countries already

IMG_7330.jpeg

25. New Champs is very catchy. Will go over well on Warped.