Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2018: The Final Cross-Country Trek Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Mar 1, 2018.

1. ccsc918

existing

Limp Bizkit for special guest

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Doubt the Dropkick Murphys would bother. The Bosstones might.

Amiketoremember182 likes this.
  3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Metal Injection posted a news story with the screenshot.

4. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I'd also like to add that I think it's kind of funny (and sad) that Warped Tour never found a stable Los Angeles venue. It's had Ventura almost every year and Pomona, but it's never been in one actual Los Angeles location for more than or a year or two in a row. They've done it at Dodger Stadium, Stub Hub Center (not actually LA), and some other places. But something must be up with the city. Is there another major market like LA that the tour usually skips or has trouble hitting regularly?

PS - I know that Pomona is considered the Los Angeles stop on the tour. However, it's not an easy drive for people who actually live in LA, and the weather is always miserably hot.

5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

NYC has generally always been Long Island. DC is 30 miles away in Columbia, MD. Chicago's venue is way out in the burbs. Just not a lot of space in big cities to do it.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Oh man, Dodger Stadium would’ve been fun to see Warped at. Ventura is always the one I go to (since it’s closest to my hometown), but since they skipped it the last few years, I drove the 3+ hours to Pomona. Not a big fan, honestly, but it was worth it

7. HollyJaye

Toronto used to be out of the way, then Ontario Place closed down and shit got WAY easier for us. I actually really like it there.

8. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

These next few hours are going to drag. I think I'm going to play Crazy Taxi to pass the time. It seems like a pretty Pop Punk thing to do.

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t care about this at all, but weird they couldn’t be bothered with the northwest (not even Seattle?) at all.

10. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I grew up in Camarillo, so having Ventura Warped Tour was a dream. It's the perfect location - easy to get to, you can park in downtown, and it's right on the beach. We're spoiled to have it.

11. rbarlyo

wawa defender

we have to deal with the same thing in nyc. the closest date is wantagh.

12. noel

I am excited for Scranton, PA! Went there in 16' and I may even go to Camden, NJ this year as well.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  13. rbarlyo

wawa defender

camden's venue is great.

14. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Seaside Park is PERFECT! Even if you can’t find parking, it’s not a far walk from downtown. It’s not too crowded and the weather is lovely compared to 90 degree Pomona.

I love the Ventura area (except Oxnard...). My hometown is an hour and a half north. Warped or not, I love taking trips out to Ventura and/or Thousand Oaks.

15. noel

sweet, i am going to for sure try to make it out there then! it isn't a bad drive either likely, it's only about an hour and a half away from me.

16. amrgirl95

MD's the closest date to me, and it's nice. Most of the stages are in a wooded area, so it's pretty shady. A couple of smaller stages are usually in the ampitheater, and they venue shows them on the jumbotrons, so you can chill on the lawn and still see the bands. Before last year, they redid some of the bathrooms, so that was nice. They also built a parking garage on the venue grounds. They make you choose a (free) parking ticket and select your lot when you buy your ticket. The garage is nice, but a bit of a walk. I have no idea where the other lots are now, especially since a lot are used for tour buses on warped. They were in the process of redoing the ampitheater this year and were literally raising the roof, but the roof collapsed. I know they'll be opened again in time for this summer, but I don't know what it'll be like. There's a mall across the street that everybody would go to after to eat at the food court, but this year and last year warped was on a Sunday, so it was closed after. There's a MOD Pizza near the mall that my friends and I will probably go to when we're done though.

I went to VA Beach in 2015 and 2016. It was okay. Two stages were in the ampitheater, and the rest were on gravel/pavement. You have to walk down a shaded walkway a bit to get to the other stages. One year, they had security at the end of the walkway, and they made everybody holding a water bottle throw out the caps, which was pretty dumb. Most of the stages are in the sun, but you can still find a shady spot to sit in and hear some music, provided they haven't totally changed the layout since 2016. The years I went, they had that water slip and slide thing, and that was always easy to find. I don't know if I ever found that at MD.

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The tour always hits Massachusetts, but it's only been in Boston proper twice (2000 and 2001). Every other year it's been somewhere 60+ minutes outside of the city that's never all that easy to get to.

It's been consistently at the same venue (in Mansfield, MA) for the last few years, though. So at least they're consistent?

18. noel

has anyone ever taken the rally bus? im actually thinking of doing that for camden...

19. rbarlyo likes this.
  20. emlantzy

Regular

rbarlyo likes this.
  21. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

22. If all 1000 sell out before I get home in like 3 hours I'm not gonna be ok. Although then again, Calendar Days still hasn't sold out a pressing of 2500 over a year later.

23. emlantzy

Regular

Just cop it on your phone my guy

24. I don't have a credit or debit card lol I'm still in high school.

25. rbarlyo

wawa defender

backed. between frantically checking this at school, soon to be checking this and whatever the hell warped is doing at work, and them releasing this, i feel the money releasing from my pockets and my brain cells being lost. i already preordered the kp record. damn.