Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2018: The Final Cross-Country Trek Tour • Page 174

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Mar 1, 2018.

1. andrew.elofson

First: Set Your Goals or Every Avenue, I honestly can't remember (2011)

Last: Pennywise

2. jimmyjazz39

Regular

Chicago is So Two Years Ago amiright (@ Fall Out Boy)

3. Minusblue54

Regular

First band: marmozets in 2014.

Last band: i'm gonna etid for 2018 since i actually watched them and i really don't wanna say twiztid.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  4. sr6171

First: Like Moths to Flames (2013)
    Last: Simple Plan (2018)

Very happy with both of these

5. bkaeser93

Trusted

Really surprised that Like Moths To Flames and Upon A Burning only played one year.
    Also surprised The Plot In You never played

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

This is a good subject for the thread.

What bands have never played Warped that should’ve/could’ve played?

7. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Dashboard Confessional
    Oceano
    Betraying The Martyrs
    Capture The Crown (they did the UK Warped, but never US)

8. sam_might_say

Dashboard never did Warped?

Weird. I thought they played in 2002 or 2004...

9. bkaeser93

Trusted

Panic! At The Disco and Twenty One Pilots never played. Kind of weird how two of the biggest bands right now never played. And for rap Blackbear and Post Malone

10. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Enterprise Earth
    Northlane
    Invent Animate
    Make Them Suffer
    Spite
    Lorna Shore
    Nothing More
    Within The Ruins
    nothing nowhere
    Despised Icon

I'm sure I'll think of more. Granted I know there's Summer Slaughter but Warped really dropped the ball on getting more deathcore bands.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  11. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I thought of more lmao:

Thy Art Is Murder
    Erra
    Fit For An Autopsy

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  12. nakulisbrown

First: Mest in 2005, I think. I was only there for The Offspring.
    Last: ETID - Map Change.

2005: Englishtown NJ. My first show ever, being completely overwhelmed watching The Offspring from the very back.
    2011: Oceanport NJ. Getting jumped on directly by Soupy, my only time seeing Simple Plan, and being convinced I was going to die in the crowd surge for ADTR.
    2012: Holmdel and Camden NJ. I Call Fives sounded amazing, Polar Bear Club still existed, and the FYS pit in the amphitheater was out of control.
    2013 I didn't go, but Skate and Surf was pretty close.
    2014: Holmdel NJ. Had a great time going alone and not worrying about anyone else. Saw ETID for the first time, Chunk, Anberlin, Yellowcard with Nate on drums, and PVRIS before they were a huge deal.
    2015: Holmdel NJ. One of my last times seeing Transit, Silverstein up close, and Beartooth for the first time.
    2016: West Palm Beach FL. My first Warped since moving, NFG/FYS in the amphitheater, Chunk up close and Sum 41 for the first time.
    2017: West Palm Beach FL. Up close for Silverstein again, and saw Strung Out for the first time, whom I'd loved since I was a kid.
    2018: West Palm Beach FL. Watching Grayscale from side stage, Sharptooth was a great show, 3OH!3 was fun, and of course that Map Change ending.

13. xthisislove

Regular

TAIM has said several times they had no interest in ever doing it several times over the years which leads me to believe I’m sure they were asked at least once or twice

CTC were plagued with way too many inner band member and label/management struggles to keep things together for warped tour. They were submitted for several years but they just too up and down in luck and I think Kevin say that. The singer Jeff did merch for several bands a few years between tours

14. fbrrocks

Trusted

Hoodie Allen would of been great and santie new project from watic members

15. sam_might_say

1. I’ve always found it strange that Panic! never played. They would’ve fit right in on the 2006 or 2007 lineup. Granted, seeing how huge they’ve gotten, they didn’t necessarily need to play it...

2. According to my sister (who a diehard TØP fan), Tyler mentioned in an interview that they were almost booked to play Warped one year (don’t recall which year), but then they backed out because they didn’t want to be associated with that scene, or some sort of reasoning along those lines

16. jimmyjazz39

Regular

does anyone on here have Love and Loathing or the Great Depression

17. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I'm kind of surprised Twenty One Pilots never played - especially in the years Warped was running in Columbus.

18. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i must have seen at least 18 different people wearing a twenty one pilots shirt at the maryland warped date, almost felt as if they were going to be a surprise guest

19. DonnyFTW

Regular

I just saw that Makeout played Secrets yesterday. So yeah so much for that. Apparently they had sensitivity training and agreed not to play it all summer then played it on the last day because there'd be no consequences? And they also went back to justifying it hard.

Kevin also said in an interview recently that he had booked Twenty One Pilots (didn't mention a year, guessing it was probably before they blew up. Kevin stated specifically contracts were done and signed but their management got involved. I always took that to mean he signed them to play and then between signing and the announcement they got bigger and wanted a better guarantee or realized they could do better and dropped out but that's all just assumptions on my part.

20. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I don’t have any recent memories of Warped since I stopped going after 2008, but my first Warped in 2001 will always hold a special place in my heart. I saw my favorite band, The Bouncing Souls, for the first time ever and hung out with them after the set. JEW, Alien Ant Farm, the Rollins Band, AFI, Rancid, Less Than Jake, Fenix TX, D12, and Good Charlotte also played that year.

21. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I was literally just to post about this. Yeah the fact that they agreed not to play it and then did it anyway is just shitty on them, especially sending out a tweet saying "We played Secrets today lolololololol". Just totally immature. I saw a video of them playing it and the singer wouldn't even sing the line with the word "wh---", which to me says that he knows it's bad and people won't like it but he just had to play the song anyway cause he's an immature asshole

22. TheSlyTurtle

Regular

First Band: Attack Attack! (2011)
    Last Band: Bowling for Soup (2018)

23. Chuck!

Regular

It's a different topic, really, but I think if Cartel hadn't burned bridges in 2006, the trajectory of their career would have been totally different

bkaeser93 likes this.
  24. bkaeser93

Trusted

What happened? I love that band

25. DonnyFTW

Regular

I wouldn’t say “burned bridges” since they did the cruise. But they just really did not like doing the tour, and they also said they weren’t playing main stage enough to make the harder parts of the tour worth it.