Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2018 Lineup Announced • Page 6

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 1, 2018.

1. David-

Trusted

So how does it not make sense logically? It's pretty obvious that these words are problematic. It's not like the same thing as him finding out and having a fight over it and saying something in the moment. He, as an adult, literally sat down, wrote a song, and went "yep, being a child about this is definitely the way to go."

There are literally thousands of songs by countless bands about being cheated on that aren't mysoginostic. It's not hard to not use that language, and it's not something to defend.

carrytheweird likes this.
  2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Being that Warped has been around for nearly 25 years, I feel it has definitely been a big moment in the careers of many pop punk bands that went on to be pretty big acts. Over the last few decades playing warped was viewed as a milestone for many bands of the genre that didnt hit the big time yet and that was for alot of them, their first taste of "we made it." We know warped has had its share of issues, but that aside, I'm curious to see the affect the lack of the tour will have on the genre of pop punk as a whole. It has been such a great way to discover new bands in the genre and a way to see bands that I would have never paid to see on their own ticket. For example, I never would have bought a ticket to see Gwar, yet their performance at warped was one of my all time favorites.