Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2018 Lineup Announced • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i hope there's a Lee Corey Oswald on here this year. they hated their experience but used their merch table as a distro for info on help for sexual abuse victims, etc and spent their entire time clashing against the issues Lyman has made a living on neglecting.

OdeToTheSun likes this.
  2. SayWhatIsReal.com

I LOVE the lineup!! Knuckle Puck, Waterparks, The Maine, Picturesque, Crown The Empire, Issues, Real Friends, Silverstein, The Amity Affliction, Every Time I Die.... and icing on the cake is Underoath are playing my date (Toronto).

Been going to Warped for the last 10+ years. Going to miss it. Always a fun day in the sun. Have a couple cold beers, enjoy awesome bands... and always discover a few new ones too. I'm glad Warped didn't try to do anything special with this lineup to attract a "nostalgia" crowd who haven't been supporting it for the last 5 years or so.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Lest we not forget Lyman let FPS play a set after his shitstorm story came to light and the dude pretty much said “fuck you if you don’t support me, thanks for your money.”

There’s nothing to be proud of supporting Warped Tour. He did try the nostalgia route, and none of the bands were interested.

4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

If anything I resent that Underoath is playing the Toronto date because it may be the reason their headlining tour isn't coming here.

Warped Tour hasn't given me a reason to support it for years, just as I don't owe it anything despite the memories I have from when I was a teenager first getting into this music scene. To suggest the tour is better off by doing nothing to try and attract the fans that once made it more profitable and culturally relevant seems a bit naive. Because if it were still, it wouldn't be ending - and he'd be able to attract a better lineup of bands.

carrytheweird likes this.
  5. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Truly perplexed by some bands I really love being willing to play this tour. I’d like to believe it’s due to their own nostalgic feelings.

6. shawnhyphenray

Regular

How so? Their album was one of my top 5 of 2017 and I don’t are anything misogynistic about it

7. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

:chin:

8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

You're being either willfully oblivious or haven't really listened to it.

That song "Secrets" is gross.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. CheapPop

Regular

Yeah, I'm still interested in going but this lineup I sorry weak, especially for the Philly/Camden date. None of the bands that caught my attention are playing that.

zachmacD likes this.
  10. SayWhatIsReal.com

Underoath are playing Niagara Falls on their headliner... 1 1/2 hour drive from Toronto. I always go there when a band I like skips Toronto. Makes for a fun little road trip.

11. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Listen to Secrets.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Garbage!

13. OpenIntro

llama llama

I legit thought Garbage was part of the lineup and got really excited.

14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

remember when people were calling out Makeout for their lyrics on youtube and Rise Records' response was to disable comments.

Jason Tate and tyramail like this.
  15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

More MBMBaM gifs please.

Aaron Mook and Joe4th like this.
  16. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I think if they make warped into a weekend type festival like Riot it could actually pretty sick from a lineup perspective. They could get the bigger bands that wouldn't play the current full tour. Maybe a lineup like: Blink, Underoath, All Time Low, Bring Me The Horizon, Pierce The Veil, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, etc and sprinkle in some throwbacks as well and it could be a nice little festival. Similar to that awesome Wrecking Ball they had a few years back but bigger.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  17. ihaveblink

Regular

Never went back after 08. I was 20 and was thinking the scene was getting less interesting. That year had Katy Perry at least.

carrytheweird likes this.
  18. Jared Luttrell

Regular

The few band worth seeing are just playing a few dates each.

19. Analog Drummer

Regular

Don’t mind it to be honest

20. shawnhyphenray

Regular

He’s singing about his gf who lied and cheated on him. You can’t tell me you wouldn’t be pissed if your significant other did that to you, and I’m sure you would calm them similar names too. So how is that being misogynistic? Are you supporting lying and cheating on a loved one?

Plus it’s supposed to be a fun ang humorous song as well. Stop taking the fun out of music

21. shawnhyphenray

Regular

So lying and cheating on a loved one is okay? And you wouldn’t be upset if they did it to you and you be calm and happy and wouldn’t say a negative word about that person? Come on.

Plus he doesn’t say anything that’s against women.

And it is supposed to be humorous and fun.

22. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Please examine why it’s “fun” to you to sing “you fucking whore.” Incredibly, you can write an angry song without using slurs! People do it all the time!

23. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i just looked up the lyrics to this song and it seems as though a sad pathetic boy doesn't know how to deal with feelings like an adult.

incognitojones, Jason Tate and Arry like this.
  24. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

She’s correct. If that’s “fun” lyricism to you, then I suggest broadening your horizons and educating yourself on how musicians can make angry songs without using gendered slurs. I honestly don’t feel like explaining it to you because you always seem to pop in every thread with victim shaming, sexist bullshit.

25. shawnhyphenray

Regular

You’ve never once called a guy a name before? Like dick or bastard or asshole?