Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2018 Lineup Announced • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Unearth!!!! Yeahhhhhh!!

2. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

Wow not even a WA or OR date??

3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I was hoping Secrets would be on this. Average lineup at best but missing any real good throwbacks. Was hoping for bands like Saves The Day, The Early November, Senses Fail, Coheed (at least they are touring), Mest, etc

4. sirata107

I guess I've already been to my last Warped Tour. Definitely was holding out hope for this. I'll just go to Riot Fest.

5. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Obviously I can't be sure, but if I were to take a wild guess I'd say most people in this thread are older than Warped's target audience. Scene kids are going to love this.

6. If Warped actually had a target audience they wouldn’t be ending.

Aaron Mook, Matt504, David- and 4 others like this.
  7. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Best lineup in years. Basically if if my current interest in bands are playing my date this year...Sleep On It, Makeout, Trash Boat, Don Broco, Amity Affliction, State Champs. Plus Simple Plan and FRANK TURNER (its about time he plays some shows and I’m lucky he’s playing my Buffalo date).

Twiztid is the only confusing one...

8. shawnhyphenray

Regular

What’s wrong with Makeout?

9. simonthebutler

Regular

When it was announced that this is the last tour I was gutted I wouldn't be able to make it over for a date for old times sake. I have been in 2005, 2007 and 2011 and every year I saw enough bands to make it a great day. This lineup however has made me feel better about not making it. We have slam dunk festival here in England and that lineup is already much better suited to me.

10. Tata Toothy

Regular

I’m surprised talking back sunday is on this. I figured this would be a waste of time for them. The pay check must be huge.

11. DannyZach

Trusted

mymusicalsyn likes this.
  12. carrytheweird Mar 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 2, 2018)
    carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Hilarious. I don’t even really think the question is “How is this their decision for a last lineup?” It’s really more so “How did Kevin barely scrape together some decent acts to participate in this shit show?”

I think it’s likely many bands we cared to see listed had absolutely no interest or need, given Lyman/the tour’s rep now. If you’re a heavy music fan, you’d probably enjoy ETID, Knocked Loose, and Harm’s Way. Otherwise this is a trash lineup full of bands I would never pay to see, with some big names like UØ, TBS, FYS, and The Used sprinkled in. All of which are top billed for every article being written about this, and they are playing no more than 1-4 dates.

It’s actually quite sad that it’s so much worse than I expected.

13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

How long until Kevin says there are no women in bands?

14. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

How long until Kevin fades into the mist clutching his warped logo?

Goodbyeee Kevin, hope you find your dad!

(And by that I mean decency, accountability, and dharma)

15. marissalg

Trusted

When I was younger, I had a great time going to Warped. I didn't have anything else to do on a Wednesday in July and when you're 15 with no job, getting to see 10+ bands for a decent price is really great. Now, I have a full-time job and would much rather just go to a band's headliner than spend all day in the sun for a 20-30 minute set. I had a good time when I did go, but for me the nostalgia doesn't outweigh the problems of this tour.

16. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I was expecting more surprises and more bang behind this lineup. However, I’m stoked for a good handful of bands, so I’ll be making sure to get to the Denver date.

17. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Other than being terribly mediocre, their lyrics are gross and misogynistic.

wrenleslie and carrytheweird like this.
  18. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

It's honestly truly sad to me that this is how he'd rather let the legacy die than trying to do something truly fun and different for the last year. Falling In Reverse still being the main "big" band says it all.

19. Ska Senanake

Trusted

With that being said, i still like about 15 of these bands and may actually have to go.

20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

My last years of attendance were 07 and 08. While those years I felt were the beginning of a shift in bands on Warped I sat through and did not enjoy next to some great bands I loved, those lineups are astronomically better than this to me now looking back.

Saephon likes this.
  21. Turntstile

I feel like grouping Makeout with bands that have all been accused of assault/ sexual assault isn’t really fair, like yeah their lyrics are terrible and they’re overall a cringey band but they’ve done nothing wrong besides being a bad band

22. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

It's equally as important to call out bad behavior and microaggressions. No one is saying it's the same. Just a different part of the fight.

23. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

He said problematic, not sexual abusers, so I think that’s perfectly fair.

24. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

at this point i get legitimately disappointed to see my favorite artists play this thing. i know i lean harder into that stance than many, but i really don't care. seeing Frank jump on a few dates of this is disheartening.

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Trash Boat, August Burns Red, Movements, Real Friends, Kublai Khan, Knuckle Puck, and Issues make this worth while for a ticket, IMO.

I haven’t been to Warped in a few years but i’ll probably go just because it will be the last time I can experience these bands in an outdoor environment. I remember going to Warped Tour in 2008 and being extremely excited to the point that I couldn’t sleep the night before it. This tour introduced me to a lot of bands and I’m grateful for that.