Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2017 Festival • Page 65

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 24, 2017.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Today is the last day! For reference, here was the Top 20 at the start of the tour.

1. Silverstein
    2. Anti-Flag
    3. Hawthorne Heights
    4. GWAR
    5. Stick to Your Guns
    6. Microwave
    7. Dance Gavin Dance
    8. Neck Deep
    9. The Ataris
    10. Trophy Eyes
    11. Beartooth
    12. Knocked Loose
    13. CKY
    14. Creeper
    15. Boston Manor
    16. Adolescents
    17. Hatebreed
    18. Save Ferris
    19. I, Prevail
    20. Being an an Ocean

2. Minusblue54

Regular

...starts counting down to warped tour prediction thread.

3. cochise

top 20 what?

4. rmjk56

The PRP had the attendance numbers from the Orlando stop. Attendance was just over 6,000 which is down from 9,800 last year. A nearly 40% drop is pretty rough. It'll be interesting to see if the other dates suffered this much

5. marsvoltamcr Aug 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 6, 2017)
    marsvoltamcr

Trusted

The first part is correct, though. Not sure what you're getting at. At worst it's a mix of both.

If Mayhem Fest didn't drop the ball in 2015 and fail to get a headliner that fills amphitheaters (sorry, Slayer) it would probably still be a thing.

6. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Also I'd like to see numbers for Scranton. This year didn't seem any emptier than 2015 or 2016. There was noticeable decline from 2011 to 2012, but it seems to have stayed more or less the same since then.

7. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Charlotte was much smaller than normal. I'd say it was missing about 15-20 percent of the crowd compared to previous years.

8. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

It's not even the fact that Slayer couldn't do ampitheaters. They're doing it now on a handful of dates with Lamb of God and Behemoth. It's that Slayer was at a lot of the same venues and areas like only 3 or 4 months earlier, they cut down to one side stage with what looked like a cheaper lineup, and they were competing with an insane lineup of a Slipknot headliner (Slipknot with LoG, BFMV, and MiW) hitting the same areas only days apart. Mayhem was doomed from the beginning if those were the decisions they made.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  9. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I think I remember hearing at the time that Mayhem was banking on getting LoG and/or BFMV for main stage and Slipknot secured them instead, and Kevin ended up having trouble just getting a full lineup together.

10. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I heard a rumor they were aiming for the Slipknot tour as the main stage, but they didn't offer what Slipknot wanted so Slipknot just did their own headliner. I also heard that the Slipknot tour was supposed to be a part of what the lineup already was. So like:
    Slipknot
    Slayer
    King Diamond
    Lamb of God

And then BFMV, MiW, Hellyeah, and TDWP all doing side stages.

11. Minusblue54

Regular

also recall hearing arch enemy had gotten offered mayhem in 2015 but they passed and headlined summer slaughter instead.

12. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Which from what I know was also a bad year for that tour.

13. Joshua

Regular

Seems like what happened to mayham in 2015 happened to warped This year to a lesser extent. I remember hearing that Kevin was asking bands like all time low to come out this year and they fit in the demographic that despised the lineup this year

14. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I don't think it's on nearly the same level as what Mayhem was. There were a lot of dates that had like only 10-30 percent of the ampitheater filled by the time TDWP came on.

15. Minusblue54

Regular

Warped wishlist/prediction thread?

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

It was the Top 20 Most Anticipated bands from a poll we conducted before the tour started

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

Minusblue54 and korey011 like this.
  18. cochise

from what I saw at my stop, this year more than ever attracted the most amount of new Warped-goers than before, which was super cool to see. Now they can mix these new goers with the older ones from a couple years ago that maybe didn't attend this year with a mixture of the two lineups styles and perhaps have their biggest turnout ever

19. cochise

God damn, I've never travelled for any tour or festival besides Warped but I legit might have done it for that! WOW! Of course, only if it was like warped and was all general admission floor... I wouldn't want to sit in some seat way far away for every band... that's why I love Warped so much.

Are there any other festivals/tours organized like that? The ones I've seen like Rock on the Range or something are just in a stadium with pre-arranged seats everywhere besides maybe the pit tickets, but how much are those usually? Comparable to Warped's ticket price?

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Pretty awesome footage of the good'ol days (at least imo)

marsvoltamcr and marceting like this.
  21. JxP

Poster Boys for Bad Luck

I was 3 years old in 2002. Hard to believe i still go to the same tour.

22. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I went to Ozzfest in 02, but didn't go to Warped until 05.

I was 12 in 02.

23. WillTheInternetLikeMe

[​IMG]

24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

25. chris_williams67

Regular

Where do you think this puts Massachusetts for when the full run stops? The numbers and income were significantly higher than most of those dates