Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2017 Festival • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Minusblue54

Regular

1. Pay day! 2. Warped tour ticket officially purchased!

kidinthebushes likes this.
  2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

:: FREE PARENT TICKET IS BACK ::

Over our 22 years on the road, the Vans Warped Tour has always tried to adapt and change with our fan base. We are now in the very unique position to be able to have fans as young as 13 and as old as 40-45 (shout out to the ’95 vets!)

We have tried to strike the balance, but this year we admit, we tipped too far. So now we are re-working the Parent Program instead of eliminating it entirely.

1 ticket = 1 parent

(1) parent (age 28 and older) will be permitted to accompany a child (under the age of 16) with a PAID TICKET to the event for FREE. This is a complimentary, non-transferrable wristband; the tour reserves the right to deny entry.

ALREADY BOUGHT A TICKET? – If you are a parent that already bought a ticket and are unable to find another use for it (ie. your child’s friend); please bring the paid ticket with you to the yellow guest list tent the morning of the show.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

4. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Fuck that's awful

5. mmcd323

Regular

I'll be at the MA + CT dates

6. CTFFEMT93

Regular

I'll be at the MA dates

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This is a ridiculous post. No, they do not need to chill out, because nothing would get done or accomplished if they just "chilled out". It's this kind of bullshit mindset that causes problems.

8. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I get the way it was worded truly bothered me. I agree something needs to be done, but to make it seem like violence is the answer bothers me. I think the band is great but to say 'come beat us up' just sounds like it's trying to make them seem weak and seek attention. Women are better than men, that is clear, but to promote violence just bothers me.

9. Cgarnsay

Trusted

And no my comment on women being superior to men is not sarcasm, women go through a lot more and as a male, I have it easy.

10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

They didn't seem to say at all to respond in violence, they called out a post from someone wanting to entice violent in their crowd, and proceed to talk about how safe spaces are needed and that's why they're doing the tour.

11. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I misread who wrote this, I thought it was them. Yeah fuck that douche.

Joe4th likes this.
  12. jrock920

Regular

so you guys are feeling the lineup for me im just excited for dance gavin dance

13. Minusblue54

Regular

Yep, this is gonna be the best year of warped for me. Anybody else think parents in for free returning is sign ticket sales going well?

14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Basically same for me. Without DGD, I wouldn't be going.

15. cochise

I just read that this year bands will have even shorter set times?

5 minutes shorter per band?

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Link?

17. Austin Schwarm

staybrutalaustn

been going to VA beach since 2011 haven't missed a year since. love the venue. ill be at both wilmington, NC & Virginia Beach, VA.

the main stages are side by side on a concrete parking lot, and there's a big ditch, not very steep, that everyone usually lays down in to catch a breath, chill, relax & in my case sleep.. quite a few drink stands around that area, and on the other side of the ditch is the 2 monster stages, & the full sail stage I believe (a gravel/dirt lot - separated by the dutch) which is right in front of the entrance to the whole lot. no shade at all by the monster or main stages unfortunately.. but PLENTY of trees and grass to sit on near the entrance to the lot where you'll find several sunburnt teens that forgot to apply that sunscreen :) if i can find a schedule from last year ill scan it and post for you. it has a map on the back of it with stage placement and such.

sorry that's kinda all over the place but hope it helps!

18. Austin Schwarm

staybrutalaustn

19. Grato

Regular

Makes no sense that they we could times with what seems like way less bands

20. kubariseordie

I will be at Las Vegas, anyone from here too? First year for me.

21. Minusblue54

Regular

on the dates that getting most of the partial run bands you probably won't notice shorter sets but the dates that getting screwed on partial run bands will.

22. Joshua

Regular

Hasn't it been 30 minutes for every set for awhile now?

23. zachmacD

Trusted

I'm not going to disagree that women have had it harder than men but to say that they are better then men is one of the stupidest things I've read in a while. I'm not saying men are better than women either. Both groups are on this planet for different reasons and walking around with the belief that anyone is better than anyone else is not doing the world any favors

Cgarnsay likes this.
  24. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I understand, I was raised by women, I guess that is why I see it that way. I feel women are stronger, they go through so much more. I do agree each gender has different reasons.

25. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Yeah it has.

Joshua likes this.