Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2017 Festival • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 24, 2017.

1. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Man, I love this lineup. If you're not into 80s and 90s Punk and Hardcore I can totally see it not being your thing, but that's why I started going to Warped in the first place. I freaking love this year's lineup.

Minusblue54 likes this.
  2. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Although I will say the main stage lineup is odd. Jule Vera and Hawthorne Heights make no sense on a Warped main stage in 2017.

Minusblue54 likes this.
  3. CTFFEMT93

Regular

Does anybody have a warped tour tradition? Every year the day after warped tour my friends, brother and I get ripshit drunk in my living room and watch Scott Pilgrim vs The World all day long. Goes back six years now.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  4. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Me, my dad, and whoever goes with us have gotten breakfast at the same McDonald's on our way every year since 2007.

Also, my dad has attended every Warped Tour with me since 2005. This year will be no exception. He's my show buddy since day 1. We just got VIP tickets for Primus/Clutch in July. Primus is his favorite band and Clutch is mine so that tour is like a match made in Heaven for us.

epicnate98, Cgarnsay and CTFFEMT93 like this.
  5. CTFFEMT93

Regular

That's so cool of a tradition. My dad had to retire from going to all day long festivals with me in '11 after he hurt his back at work. He went to several warped tours and projekt revolutions with me. I'm 24 now and I'm the one taking him to shows of older bands he wants to see.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  6. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

My dad got me into a lot of music over the years. He's the one who inspired my love for music in the first place. In fact, he showed me CKY in like 2005 because a guy he worked with was into them. So he's obviously into this year's lineup. He's also very excited about seeing Adolescents because that was the era when he was heavily into Punk.

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Nothing like that. My buddy and I meet at a Burger King near the venue for breakfast. Nothing crazy.

CTFFEMT93 likes this.
  8. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I'm surprised I never heard of The Alarm prior to them being announced. They have a pretty interesting history. 5 Top 40 albums in the UK, 9 Top 40 singles in the UK, 8 albums that have charted in the US, 11 songs that have charted on the Rock charts in the US.

Granted, the majority of that happened in the 80s. But still.

9. CTFFEMT93

Regular

Same. My dad got me into the pistols, ramones, black flag, misfits. He made me who I am today haha. Whenever big names punk band comes into town like Bad Religion I go out of my way to make sure we have tickets to see them.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I think we should give everyone a few weeks to listen to all the bands and then put a list together of everyone's most anticipated bands this year.

11. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

That's really cool. That's one of the things I'm looking forward to most about having kids haha.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  12. TheSlyTurtle

Regular

One of my best friends and I have been to every Warped together since our first one (2011). Last year I moved 2000 miles away and we weren't able to make last year work. It was really difficult going to warped without him for the first time. Hopefully this year we can make it work where we can go together. But our tradition used to be to wake up really early (like 5am) and get some Chick-fil-a on the way out of town (we had to drive 2-4 hours depending on which date we went to). We always used to get there super early and use our canned goods to skip the line haha. Good times, good times. We also always used to jam all the bands that were on Warped on the way there and then listen to all the bands that weren't on Warped on the way back.

rmjk56, kidinthebushes and Mrplum5089 like this.
  13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The Gospel Youth got added to Slam Dunk Festival.

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

If my math is correct, there are 11 bands playing both Slam Dunk and Warped Tour this year.

Bowling For Soup
    Neck Deep
    Beartooth
    Goldfinger
    The Ataris
    Memphis May Fire
    I Prevail
    Boston Manor
    Trophy Eyes
    Too Close To Touch
    The Gospel Youth

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

16. TylerCrouse

Regular

If movements play losing fight they immediately jump into my top 10 to see. I love that song

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

18. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I love this song, but do you think it's a bit slow for a Warped set? Despite the build up at the end.

EDIT: They also said they're putting out a new album this summer when I saw them with Senses Fail, so I'm wondering what they'll play from that.

19. chris_williams67

Regular

Can someone ask Kevin on twitter if it's 16 and under or if 16 isnt allowed for free ticket?

20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

He's said "under 16" – meaning 15 or younger.

chris_williams67 likes this.
  21. kidinthebushes Mar 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 28, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

SEVEN
    - Rise Records (Dance Gavin Dance, Hands Like Houses, Memphis May Fire, The Acacia Strain, Silverstein, Fire From The Gods, T.S.O.L.)

FIVE
    - Fearless Records (I Prevail, Blessthefall, Sworn In, Movements, The White Noise)
    - Pure Noise Records (Jule Vera, Counterparts, Stick To Your Guns, Boston Manor, Knocked Loose)

FOUR
    - Hopeless Records (Neck Deep, Sylar, Hundredth, Trophy Eyes)

THREE
    - Fat Wreck Chords (Bad Cop / Bad Cop, Strung Out, The Dickies)
    - Nuclear Blast Records (Hatebreed, Carnifex, Municipal Waste)

TWO
    - SharpTone Records (Attila, Emmure)
    - Metal Blade Records (Candiria, GWAR)
    - Solid State Records (Fit For A King, Silent Planet)

ONE
    - Island Records (American Authors)
    - Republic Records (Andy Black)
    - Century Media Records (New Years Day, Sick Of It All)
    - Victory Records (Carousel Kings, Shattered Sun)
    - Sumerian Records (After The Burial, Bad Omens)
    - Roadrunner Records (Bad Seed Rising, Creeper)
    - Epitaph Records (Too Close To Touch)
    - InVogue Records (Courage My Love)
    - Bridge Nine Records (War On Women)
    - Napalm Records (Alestorm)
    - Red Bull Records (Beartooth)
    - Equal Vision Records (Being As An Ocean)
    - SideOneDummy Records (Microwave)
    - Warner Bros. Records (Never Shout Never)
    - Spinefarm Records (Anti-Flag)

Unsigned/Independent

Bowling For Soup
    CKY
    Futuristic
    Hawthorne Heights (independent)
    Sammy Adams
    Watsky
    Goldfinger
    Our Last Night (independent)
    Save Ferris
    Streetlight Manifesto
    Barb Wire Dolls
    Big D & The Kids Table
    Riverboat Gamblers
    Sonic Boom Six
    Stacked Like Pancakes
    Street Dogs
    Twilight Creeps
    William Control (Control Records)
    Doll Skin
    The Adolescents
    The Alarm
    The Ataris
    The Suicide Machines
    Valiant Thorr
    Eternal Boy
    Farewell Winters
    Feeki
    Montage
    Naked Walrus
    One Last Shot
    Playboy Manbaby
    Sarah And The Safe Word
    Separations
    The Dukes
    The Fantastic Planets
    The Gospel Youth
    The Waves
    Tillie

22. TylerCrouse

Regular

I am Thinking it's a bit slow and if they have a new album coming out than I def see it not being played sadly

23. Minusblue54

Regular

Valiant Thorr's most recent album was released on napalm records. Could be just distrobution but it looks like there signed to the label to me.

24. Minusblue54

Regular

wonder what made him change mind? After saying because of so many older acts he wouldn't this year.

25. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

If only he'd listen about more important issues such as sexual assault