Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2017 Predicted Lineup Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by 207music, Aug 9, 2016.

1. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

The cool thing about Cattle Decapitation is that they could really get involved with the non-profits on the tour like Peta since Travis is a vegan and they write about environmental issues. So yes it does suck that they won't play, I think that it could really benefit them.

As for other bands, The Black Dahlia Murder said they didn't like Warped in 2013 and probably wouldn't do it again, sadly. I could see Disentomb do it but I know they had a problem this summer getting into the U.S. with their visa's and had to cancel some festival shows. Really any deathcore/deathcore-slam band I could see get in and as you said, Mayhem is gone and Summer Slaughter can only take maybe 10 bands.

They really need to make Summer Slaughter into a larger tour or bring back something like Mayhem.

BreannaIX likes this.
  2. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I know that TBDM said they didn't like 2013 but bands have said that before and came back still. It could happen. Some prog type bands would be cool too but with a half hour set idk if that would really work out. Bands like Between The Buried And Me and Fallujah would be cool.

3. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I think BTBAM pretty much swore off festivals like this after their Ozzfest 2006 experience when Sharon Osbourne basically told them they had to play their shortest songs whether they wanted to or not.

Carnifex, Fallujah, and The Faceless are probably the most realistic super heavy bands (by Warped standards anyway) that I could see actually doing the tour someday.

bstadtfeld likes this.
  4. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

I've always said that too. Get The Contortionist or Animals As Leaders in on it and I'd be happy. Plus The Contortionist used to be deathcore so that's an added plus. I could see Fallujah doing it.

5. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

In all honesty I'm surprised Carnifex hasn't done the tour already. They never even did Mayhem.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  6. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I feel the same way. Ever since TBDM played in 2013, I've predicted Carnifex to be the really heavy band every year haha.

I think Job For A Cowboy would definitely do Warped if offered, but they don't tour anymore as far as I can tell. I think they've played one show since Sun Eater was released, which is a damn shame because that album rules.

bstadtfeld likes this.
  7. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I've always wondered if Carnifex tried to steer clear of Warped Tour due to their heavily rooted and apparent influence black metal, in fear that it may turn people off from their music. Honestly though I think it would be a smart move. Them and TAIM being the two heaviest bands next year would be enough to sell a ticket for me.

8. deededtheman

Lorna Shore should play

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I added Sleep On It and a couple Sumerian bands.

A Lot Like Birds
    August Burns Red
    As It Is
    Attila
    Architects (UK)
    After the Burial

Being As An Ocean
    Beautiful Bodies
    Bayside
    Beartooth
    Breathe Carolina
    Black Veil Brides
    Beartooth
    Boston Manor
    Brigades
    Bowling For Soup
    Blessthefall
    Bad Omens
    Born of Osiris

Can't Swim
    Counterparts
    Crossfaith
    Code Orange
    Creeper
    Cold Collective

Dryjacket
    Dance Gavin Dance
    Defeat the Low
    Defeater
    Don Broco

Emmure
    Escape the Fate
    Erra

Forever Came Calling
    For The Fallen Dreams
    From First to Last

Gatherers
    Glass Cloud
    Gone Is Gone
    Gates
    Gnarwolves
    Get Scared

Hundredth
    Handguns
    Hit the Lights
    Hands Like Houses
    Hawthorne Heights

I Prevail
    I the Mighty
    I Killed the Prom Queen

Jule Vera

Killswitch Engage
    King 810
    Knocked Loose

Landscapes
    Light Up the Sky
    Likes Moths to Flames

Make Them Suffer
    Memphis May Fire
    More to Monroe
    Mod Sun
    Miss May I
    Milk Teeth
    Moose Blood
    Milestones
    Movements
    My Enemies & I
    My Iron Lung

No Bragging Rights
    Neck Deep
    Never Shout Never
    New Beat Fund
    Night Verses
    nowHERE
    Night Riots

Obey the Brave
    Out Came the Wolves

Parkway Drive
    Plague Vendor
    Pierce the Veil
    Picturesque
    Polyphia
    Palisades
    PVRIS

Relient K
    Rarity

Set Your Goals
    Seaway
    Saves the Day
    Sylar
    Saosin
    Shy Kidx
    Senses Fail
    Stick To Your Guns
    Suicide Silence
    Sleep On It
    Stray From The Path

Taking Back Sunday
    Trash Boat
    Trophy Eyes
    The Used
    The Summer Set
    The White Noise
    The Ready Set
    The Wonder Years
    The All-American Rejects
    The Acacia Strain
    The Aquabats
    The Devil Wears Prada
    The Early November
    The American Scene
    To The Wind
    Tiger Army
    The Ghost Inside
    This Wild Life
    Turnstile
    The Amity Affliction

Upon a Burning Body

You Me At Six
    Young and Heartless

We Came as Romans
    World War Me
    Worthwhile
    WATERMEDOWN
    Wind In Sails

10. ALT/MSC/FAN Aug 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 26, 2016)
    ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Even given just the likely bands, this doesn't seem too unrealistic.

Main Stage

August Burns Red
    Attila
    Black Veil Brides
    Bowling for Soup
    The Devil Wears Prada
    The Ghost Inside
    Neck Deep
    PVRIS
    Set Your Goals
    The Summer Set
    Taking Back Sunday
    The Used
    Waka Flocka Flame
    We Came As Romans
    The Wonder Years

Monster Stage
    Beartooth
    Being As An Ocean
    Blessthefall
    Born of Osiris
    Counterparts
    Crossfaith
    Emmure
    Escape the Fate
    Hands Like Houses
    Hundredth
    I Prevail
    Killswitch Engage
    Like Moths to Flames
    Senses Fail
    Silverstein
    Stray from the Path
    Turnstile

Poseidon
    As It Is
    Forever Came Calling
    I, the Mighty
    Jule Vera
    Mod Sun
    Moose Blood
    Palisades
    Seaway
    This Wild Life

Kevin Says
    Can’t Swim
    Get Scared
    Knocked Loose
    Milk Teeth
    Movements
    My Iron Lung
    Rarity
    Sleep On It
    Young & Heartless

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's pretty much I think it will look like too.

12. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

Job For A Cowboy would be dope. I've been wanting to see them for a long time because I love everything from the Doom EP to Sun Eater.

I feel like Carnifex potentially could be steering clear of it in fear that they'd be ridiculed for selling out. They don't exactly embrace the whole "deathcore" title and playing Warped tour could potentially make them lose the more elitist fans that they have, which they only have due to their black metal influences. Thy Art Is Murder said that they would love to do Warped Tour but that was also when CJ was still in the band and I'm not sure how much their new vocalist would do with it. (Whoever it is, I don't think they have a permanant vocalist yet. They've had the vocalist of Molotov Solution, Alterbeast, and some Aussie local friend cover for them but no actual replacement.)

Lorna Shore is one of the most surefire heavy bands I can see playing. They're not too heavy but not too light either. ANy chance The Acacia Strain would do the tour again? They did it in 2011.

13. Emokid79

Regular

I'm really excited about that. Some really cool dudes.

14. 207music

Regular

Slightly confused because I thought technically now there is now a single main stage but Monster and Journeys acted as the main stages. Monster for heavier, Journeys for the Punk/Pop? No?

Regardless, this seems very realistic. I think You Me At Six will definitely be in based on new album time frame. Even though their new single is trash.

15. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

No permanent TAIM vocalist yet. Just been fill ins. But I think 2017 may be the year they get a new full time. It did take them a year to get CJ once Brandon was kicked out/left. TAS honestly seems very likely, just looking at how closely related they were to the heaviest bands this year (Whitechapel, Chelsea Grin, and VOM).

16. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Yeah, that's pretty reasonable about Carnifex. They're just holding themselves back I think if that's the case. The only time I ever saw Carnifex was in 2014 with Whitechapel and Cruel Hand, two bands who just did Warped. Plus, now that Deathcore's been an established genre for a full decade I think there's less stigma attached to it from the Metal community, especially among the younger generations that Warped targets anyway. For example, the two most recent Suicide Silence albums had guest appearances from Frank Mullen from Suffocation (The Black Crown) and Corpsegrinder from Cannibal Corpse (You Can't Stop Me) which definitely would have annoyed the Death Metal scene more in 2008 than it does now. I really think Warped should consider booking a newer Death Metal band or two. It'd be less awkward than most people seem to think.

bstadtfeld likes this.
  17. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I'd say start off with a slam metal band. It's the bridge between deathcore and death metal. Plus it gives me the excuse to keep putting Ingested's name out there for Warped 2017.

18. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

Any word on a Warped Top 5 Survey? Usually that hits the internet a few weeks after Warped ends. I think I have my 5 picked already. In no particular order; Ingested, Waka Flocka Flame (or some other semi-big rapper to be on the full tour), Thy Art Is Murder, Parkway Drive, and Periphery.

19. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I was wondering that myself. Someone else pointed out to me that none of the posts at end of the tour this year from the Warped social media accounts said "Seeya next summer!" or anything like they usually do. Probably just a minor detail I'm over-analyzing, but makes me wonder if they're downsizing even more or something.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Any chance Dashboard plays Warped next year? They did Taste of Chaos this year which Lyman runs.

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

What about Hoodie Allen? Dude has a lot of love and interest in pop punk - he just said he really likes State Champs on Twitter.

22. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I did another mock lineup for every stage this time, instead of just Journeys and Monster. Tell me what you guys think, always had trouble in trying to do the other stages.
    Journeys Left Foot:
    The Summer Set
    Bad Religion (partial dates)
    Pvris
    Alkaline Trio (partial dates)
    Pierce The Veil
    Descendents (partial dates)
    3OH!3
    Asking Alexandria
    Social Distortion (partial dates)
    Mod Sun
    Helmet
    The Offspring

Journeys Right Foot:
    Andrew W.K.
    Beartooth
    NOFX (partial dates)
    Neck Deep
    This Wild Life
    Modern Baseball
    The Pretty Reckless (partial dates)
    Riff Raff
    Black Veil Brides
    Thrice

Monster North:
    Winds Of Plague
    Norma Jean
    Underoath (partial dates)
    Upon A Burning Body
    All That Remains (partial dates)
    The Ghost Inside
    Palisades
    Bad Omens
    Periphery
    Rings Of Saturn

Monster South:
    Parkway Drive
    Oh, Sleeper
    The Faceless
    Gemini Syndrome
    Code Orange
    Hatebreed
    From First To Last
    Despised Icon
    Wovenwar

Poseidon Stage:
    Tiger Army
    Senses Fail
    Touché Amoré
    Plague Vendor (partial dates)
    Seaway
    Picturesque
    Milk Teeth
    Rarity
    Young And Heartless
    Basement

Cyclops Stage:
    Creeper
    The Aquabats
    Can't Swim
    Gates
    With Confidence
    '68
    Worthwhile
    Silent Planet
    Trash Boat

Full Sail:
    Wind In Sails
    The American Scene (partial dates)
    Boston Manor
    Brigades
    Gatherers (partial dates)
    Shy Kidx (partial dates)
    Brigades
    My Iron Lung (partial dates)
    Out Came The Wolves (partial dates)
    Polyphia (partial dates)
    Defeat The Low
    nowHERE (partial dates)
    Conquer Divide (partial dates)
    It Lives It Breathes (partial dates)
    Night Verses (partial dates)
    Moose Blood
    WATERMEDOWN
    World War Me
    Dryjacket
    Knocked Loose
    Cold Collective (partial dates)

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Blink is supoosed to be in Europe next summer so I doubt Trio plays. I don't think the older bands like Descendents or Bad Religion will ever play Warped Tour again.

24. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Matt said that despite him being in Blink that Alkaline would still do a record and tour in Blink's downtime. Did Mark, Matt, or Travis say in an interview or something that 2017 Summer would be in Europe? And I don't think that older punk bands like Bad Religion or Descendents would ever do the full tour, but I could see partial. Anywhere from a week to half the tour or a little more than that I can see being possible. Maybe not a great chance but I see it as possible.

25. heaththehorizon

Regular

Hoodie would be so much fun and would really work in that setting.