Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2017 Predicted Lineup Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by 207music, Aug 9, 2016.

1. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Just finished watching all the 2015 announcement videos still on YouTube (for some reason the last 2 or so are private). Really hope that they return to this format for 2017, just without BryanStars or anyone else awful. I could see it coming back with someone like Jarrod Alonge (I know that opinions on here are mixed about him but I like him) or Tori the Pit Reporter.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I have a feeling Tori will get it again next year, but I'd like to see them switch it up. I like Tori's energy and editing, but she asks the same boring questions in every interview (How's the tour going, Who you've been watching, How have your sets been). It gets kind of old after a while.

Penguin and kidinthebushes like this.
  3. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

The whole selfie-style interview drives me insane, however I think she's done a better job than some of the people before her. Agreed on basically all points.

4. ALT/MSC/FAN

Oh yeah, I feel that. I liked what Brian did a lot in 2011, as well as Amanda in 2013, but Tori's still better than some of the others.

5. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

I agree that her questions get a little repetitive, especially the ones like, "Where can people check out your music?" (You can literally google "bandname music" and find it.) However, I love that she seems so genuinely stoked to be a part of it all the time, and she balances highlighting bands she thinks are really special with seeing a little bit of everything really well.

6. Rootradical

Should have posted this on last years thread but had a bad experience in a couple northeast dates and one really bad date were I shattered my foot and tore a bunch of tendons and had 2 surgerys and won't be able to walk for a total of 6 months so next year I'm flying back to Florida for the dates. Sorry for my rant

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

How did that happen? And what happened at the northeast dates?

8. cochise

does anyone know what's happening with the Minnesota date next year? This year they moved it from the field at Canterbury Park to the parking lot... I heard it was because of some sort of renovations but I don't know. It's usually on the field and having Warped on pavement sucks (unfortunately it seems like most places are like that). At least there wasn't concrete amphitheaters though (the reason I was very turned off from going to a Chicago date... speaking of which I do kind of want to change it up a bit next year and go to a different city for Warped... but nothing too far. How is the Milwaukee date generally? And does anyone know the set up?)

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I would strongly recommend checking out the Milwaukee date. I have gone to Milwaukee 4/5 last years in addition to Chicago. It's so much better than Chicago. The Cyclops and Poseidon stages are right on Lake Michigan.

10. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I'm the same guy that did the random shot in the dark at the Journeys and Monster lineups like a week and a half ago, and I did it again (I usually do it when I'm just sitting around bored with downtime). I was wondering if people would be interested to see them whenever I make them or not. I can either post them here or PM them. Like I said I just get bored and do them usually. Feedback is appreciated. I just don't want to take up room on here if no one cares, but I also know that it would provide discussion.

11. cochise

are there concrete amphitheaters with seats and all of that? or is it on a field?

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The two main stages are inside the large Ampitheater and the Cyclops and Poseidon stages are inside a smaller one right by the lake. Both have pit areas as well as seats.

13. Emokid79

Regular

If Broadside plays again next summer, they will on one of the main stages. With t he summer they had and what is to come for them. They are the next big thing. Hands down.

14. Emokid79

Regular

I would love to FCC on warped. I feel they are one of those bands that should be a little bigger than what they are. They deserve to play warped.

josephcissell and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  15. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

I saw so many people at Warped this year wearing shirts of super heavy bands (Ingested, Cattle Decapitation, Disgifuring The Goddess, Visceral Disgorge, etc.) and it seriously makes me think and hope that Warped could have a future for bands heavier than Chelsea Grin or Whitechapel. So I pose the question, what bands do you think could potentially be part of that? I know earlier in the thread I kind of denounced Slaughter To Prevail and Ingested but upon further thought it actually seems possible. Any other picks? My guesses are Winds of Plague, Black Tongue, Carnifex, The Last Ten Seconds of LIfe, Angelmaker, or The Dialectic.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I noticed quite a few people wearing shirts with "radio rock" bands on them.

17. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

I can second this too at the Chicago date (if I remember reading you were at that date as well) but I saw a few Papa Roach, Bullet For My Valentine, Shinedown, All That Remains, and Five Finger Death Punch. The biggest shock ever would be to see FFDP on Warped since they signed to Rise.

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Sleep on It have signed to Equal Vision. I am going to add them top my list. They're from Chicago.

Emokid79 likes this.
  19. ALT/MSC/FAN

They're awesome! For anyone that doesn't know their new vocalist was the lead singer for Bonfires, who are also awesome.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That is correct. I forgot about that.

21. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Honestly most of the deathcore bands and death metal bands that deathcore kids like. Although certain ones are 100 percent off the table. For example Cattle Decapitation hates Warped Tour and that whole group in the scene. I could see Lorna Shore doing it though. I've been wondering for a while if Cannibal Corpse could be a totally left field choice by Warped some year. I almost always see at least one person wearing a CC shirt every year. Six Feet Under did the tour years ago (like 1998 I think).
    EDIT: Also The Black Dahlia Murder and maybe Disentomb seem likely. Honestly without Mayhem and the fact that Summer Slaughter can only take so many bands the choices are really quite endless.

22. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

FFDP and Shinedown would be too big for anything aside from one off surprise guests. But ATR, BFMV, Papa Roach all seem likely.

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

And all three of those bands have played Warped in the past!

24. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I wish Cattle Decapitation didn't hate Warped Tour. I remember when they used to tour with bands like Fear Before and Darkest Hour.

joe.boy.fresh. and bstadtfeld like this.
  25. ALT/MSC/FAN

Seconded. That new record they put out really caught me off guard and I ended up loving it.