Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2017 Predicted Lineup Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by 207music, Aug 9, 2016.

1. 207music

Regular

I can certainly see most of these, only thing is it's like a replica of 2015.

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

They just put out a new album a few weeks ago. I believe they last did Warped in 2013.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's pretty much how it usually goes. Bands play every other year.

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

It is crazy going back over the lineups from the past few years and seeing how many bands are broken up.

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

When the survey comes out, these will be my 5 bands.

Forever Came Calling
    We Came As Romans
    Set Your Goals
    The Wonder Years
    The Summer Set

josephcissell and Emokid79 like this.
  6. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

My 5 will probably be:
    1. Thy Art Is Murder
    2. Suicide Silence
    3. Forever Came Calling
    4. Stray From The Path
    5. Lorna Shore

The last one seems like it won't come true ever but one can dream.

bstadtfeld likes this.
  7. fbrrocks

Trusted

My top 5 in no order
    1 New Year's Day
    2 the summer set
    3 Pvris
    4 best coast (long shot)
    5 the pretty reckless
    Aka all bands with females

8. TSTLSOOM

would be stoked for The Aquabats and Set Your Goals. The Ghost Inside is forsure playing minus any setback on their healing. I could see silverstein playing, I think the monster energy stages have been doing well so we might see more heavy bands, maybe All That Remains will play again?

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I could see Silent Planet doing a full run on one of the Monster stages next year.

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

What happened to Enter Snikari? Are they no longer on Hopeless? I thought I missed them when I was looking at the labels but they aren't on the roster anymore.

11. ALT/MSC/FAN Aug 9, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 9, 2016)
    ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Here's a list of realistic bands that would get me hyped.

Against Me!
    Andrew WK
    Attila
    Bad Rabbits
    Basement
    Bayside
    Beartooth
    Being as an Ocean
    Bowling for Soup
    Citizen
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Hellogoodbye
    letlive.
    Modern Baseball
    Moose Blood
    Pinegrove
    PVRIS
    Say Anything
    Senses Fail
    Set Your Goals
    Silverstein
    Stray from the Path
    Taking Back Sunday
    Turnstile
    The Wonder Years

12. septimus

This is all rumors/word of mouth, so don't take it too seriously, but I've heard that William Beckett has a new band.

13. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

As a fan of heavier music I'm always hoping for bands like that so realistically I can see:

Thy Art Is Murder - going off of what happened with CJ I think they could surely do another tour to boost their popularity especially with a new vocalist/potential new album.

The Acacia Strain - They're due for a new album in 2017 and I always have thought Warped would fit them better that Summer Slaughter.

Emmure - New everything aside from Fankie and now that they can't ride the Mayhem hype anymore Warped would be their best bet since they are mocked a lot by metal elitists.

Silent Planet - I heard they had a lot of hype this year. They weren't on my date so I couldn't catch them but I think they'd fit in well next year.

Miss May I - Didn't play this year but played last year, it just seems logical.

Lorna Shore - New album coming out soon, Summer Slaughter seems like the likely choice for them but Warped would be a pleasant surprise and as this year showed, serious deathcore bands can still stand.

Periphery - I'm honestly surprised they haven't done Warped yet. They fit in so well with a lot of the bands on the tour this year (Veil of Maya, Oceans Ate Alaska) and I think they could potentially gain an audience they haven't previously reached out to.

Animals As Leaders - I personally just think this would be super cool to see. I know they're instrumental but I feel like they'd be welcomed on the tour.

Born of Osiris - Last played in 2014 and haven't done too much outside of the Sumerian tours to support Soul Sphere.

The Black Dahlia Murder - Someone has to be the heaviest band on the tour and I think it's time Warped brought out a death metal band. I know when they did the tour in 2013 they said they didn't care too much for it but I just really want to see a death metal band on the tour. The Faceless would be another valid option.

14. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

If the rumors are true, I can see FFTL with Sonny for the 2nd half of the tour (since a lot of EDM festivals happen in June and early July).

15. 207music

Regular

Shocked Periphery has not either, would love to see them get on. Like you said, with Warped getting and maybe even more metal/heavy as it continues would make them want to.

16. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Here's a random shot in the dark on a possible lineup for 2017 (Journeys and Monster only):
    Journeys Left Foot:
    Limp Bizkit (partial dates)
    Modern Baseball
    NOFX (partial dates)
    Social Distortion (partial dates)
    The All American Rejects
    Andrew W.K.
    Neck Deep
    The Wonder Years
    Pepper
    Suicidal Tendencies
    The Summer Set
    Mod Sun

Journeys Right Foot:
    Riff Raff
    Pvris
    The Ready Set
    The Summer Set
    Guttermouth (partial dates)
    Thrice
    You Me At Six
    Taking Back Sunday
    We Came As Romans
    Beartooth

Monster Stage North:
    Miss May I
    My Enemies & I
    Parkway Drive (partial dates)
    All Shall Perish
    Rings Of Saturn
    Lorna Shore
    Obey The Brave
    The Ghost Inside
    Wovenwar
    Hatebreed (partial dates)

Monster Stage South:
    Ingested
    Hacktivist
    Carnifex
    After The Burial
    Slaughter To Prevail
    Hundredth
    Oh, Sleeper
    Thy Art Is Murder
    Winds Of Plague

17. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

Really liking some of these picks. Limp Bizkit would be something else and RiFF RaFF is always good. I'm pretty sure even though The Ghost Inside has already been confirmed for next year that they'd play main stage just because I think due to recent events I think they could pull to main. Good heavy bands too but there's a part of me that feels like a slam band such as Ingested would never make it at Warped.

18. 207music

Regular

I like this alot, seems very realistic, though maybe the Monster stages are even too heavy for Warped.

19. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Yeah so a couple of reasons behind some of the bands:
    So I put TGI on Monster because I think essentially many (myself included) kind of see the Monster Stages now as main stages for the heavier bands, aside from the acts who have some sort of crossover due to a pop influenced heavy sound or a mass following of fan girls (Issues and Falling In Reverse respectfully). I fully agree that TGI can draw a main stage crowd after recent events and I hope they do, they deserve it (well before the accident as well but whatever). The reasoning behind a lot of the heavier acts on the Monster stages (ASP, ROS, Lorna Shore, Ingested, STP, Carnifex) comes from a few reasons. The first being my own wish that more heavy bands can seep their way into Warped again (look at 2010 Warped with Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, Emmure, etc). It also seems like that may slowly be happening this year with bands like Whitechapel, Chelsea Grin, Wage War, etc. Plus the aforementioned bands draw in the deathcore fans. I think a lineup like this would give something for everyone.
    EDIT: It also seems like each year Warped takes some of the bands from Summer Slaughter the year before. This year has Veil Of Maya for example. The only bands that make reasonable sense to take into Warped from this years lineup are After The Burial, Carnifex, Slaughter To Prevail, Ingested, and Enterprise Earth.

207music likes this.
  20. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

Fair enough my man. I too would love to see a bunch of heavier bands on Warped too and was pretty bummed when Mayhem fell through. I could see After The Burial and Enterprise Earth doing Warped. As weird as it sounds I just see Ingested being too heavy for Warped. In recent years the heaviest band I can remember playing is The Black Dahlia Murder, being a death metal band. I just can't see a slam band get thrown into Warped, however I'd be super stoked to see that. My top 5 for the survey will be just heavy bands I think.

21. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Which bands that played this year do we think might come back in 2017? I think Silent Planet and possibly The Summer Set.

22. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

Broadside for sure.

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

What stage though? With fewer stages this year, I would assume they'd play Poseidon or Cyclops again. I would think Silent Planet would definitely get bumped from Full Sall to one of the Monster stages.

I was going to say Wage War too but I can't see them playing one of the Monster stages again.

I guess we will have to see how Lyman handles the stages in 2017.

24. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

I could see Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! playing again next year. They always love Warped and I'm pretty sure they've been working on new music to release so it'd help sell that album too. But I'd love to see them on a bigger stage.

25. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Broadside was on Full Sail this summer but got bumped up a few times.
    I could see them doing really well on Poseidon / Cyclops, kind of like how Knuckle Puck did the Full Sail equivalent last year and drew the biggest crowds on Poseidon.
    Plus with the tours they have lined up, it's sure to boost their fanbase, and this summer DEFINITELY helped them a lot!