Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2017 Predicted Lineup Tour • Page 152

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by 207music, Aug 9, 2016.

1. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I'm really happy about what partial run bands Scranton gets. Big D And The Kids Table, Strung Out, Street Dogs, Anti-Flag. It makes up for not getting Atreyu, Waka Flocka, or Good Charlotte last year.

We haven't been this lucky with partials since Paramore in 2011. PUP in 2015 was nice too.

2. kidinthebushes Mar 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 23, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

I'm putting together a label breakdown. I expect there to be a lot of unsigned bands or bands on small labels this year.

Journey's Left Foot

Attila (SharpTone Records)
    Bowling For Soup
    CKY
    Futuristic
    Hawthorne Heights (independent)
    I, Prevail (Fearless Records)
    Jule Vera (Pure Noise Records)
    New Years Day (Century Media Records)
    Sammy Adams
    Watsky

Journey's Right Foot
    American Authors (Island Records)
    Andy Black (Republic Records)
    Beartooth (Red Bull Records)
    Dance Gavin Dance (Rise Records)
    Goldfinger
    Hands Like Houses (Rise Records)
    Memphis May Fire (Rise Records)
    Neck Deep (Hopeless Records)
    Our Last Night (independent)
    Save Ferris
    Streetlight Manifesto

Monster North

Being As An Ocean (Equal Vision Records)
    Candiria (Metal Blade Reocrds)
    Counterparts (Pure Noise Records)
    Fit For A King (Solid State Records)
    Hatebreed (Nuclear Blast Records)
    Silent Planet (Solid State Records)
    Stick To Your Guns (Pure Noise Records)
    Sylar (Hopeless Records)
    The Acacia Strain (Rise Records)

Monster South
    After The Burial (Sumerian Records)
    Blessthefall (Fearless Records)
    Carnifex (Nuclear Blast Records)
    Emmure (SharpTone Records)
    GWAR (Metal Blade Reocrds)
    Hundredth (Hopeless Records)
    Silverstein (Rise Records)
    Sworn In (Fearless Records)
    Too Close To Touch (Epitaph Records)

Skullcandy
    Alestorm (Napalm Records)
    Bad Seed Rising (Roadrunner Records)
    Barb Wire Dolls
    Big D & The Kids Table (Strictly Rude Records)
    Microwave (SideOneDummy Records)
    Never Shout Never
    Riverboat Gamblers
    Sonic Boom Six
    Stacked Like Pancakes
    Street Dogs
    The White Noise (Fearless Records)
    Twilight Creeps
    War On Women (Bridge Nine Records)
    William Control

Hard Rock
    Anti-Flag
    Bad Cop / Bad Cop (Fat Wreck Chords)
    Doll Skin
    Fire From The Gods (Rise Records)
    Municipal Waste (Nuclear Blast Records)
    Sick Of It All (Century Media Records)
    Strung Out (Fat Wreck Chords)
    T.S.O.L. (Rise Records)
    The Adolescents
    The Alarm
    The Ataris
    The Dickies (Fat Wreck Chords)
    The Suicide Machines
    Valiant Thorr

Full Sail University
    Bad Omens (Sumerian Records)
    Boston Manor (Pure Noise Records)
    Carousel Kings (Victory Records)
    Courage My Love (InVogue Records)
    Creeper (Roadrunner Records)
    Eternal Boy
    Farewell Winters
    Feeki
    Knocked Loose (Pure Noise Records)
    Montage
    Movements (Fearless Records)
    Naked Walrus
    One Last Shot
    Playboy Manbaby
    Sarah And The Safe Word
    Separations
    Shattered Sun (Victory Records)
    The Dukes
    The Fantastic Planets
    The Gospel Youth
    The Waves
    Tillie
    Trophy Eyes (Hopeless Records)

sr6171 likes this.
  3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Probably the first couple.

4. AelNire Mar 23, 2017
    AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

To address several posts.

It's hard to give someone like Kevin Lyman your money. Things change when there is backlash and he didn't see any after the assault accusations. They were clearly true but he thinks since there were no police reports it didn't happen. That's why we as women keep repeating ourselves and saying believe women. He is essentially saying that women don't matter which goes for their poor showing of female bands. We, as women, have a right to be upset about poor representation and no, I personally will never be satisfied with the amount of women on the tour or the fact that band members get away with assaulting women/men and minors and still have Lyman's support. Kudos to War On Women but I couldn't do it if it were me. WT needs to crash and burn and no one will ever be able to change my mind on that. Not even men who think we're upset for no reason and will never be satisfied. Get over it. Try having to be aware of your surroundings at all times and not just being able to fully enjoy a show.

Spare me the lying about rape trope some of you always try to defend this shit with.

5. dX927

Regular

Did my yearly spreadsheet for this year's tour. You can see where bands will probably be added to fill holes Warped Tour 2017

6. chris_williams67

Regular

Like Lyman said in the livestream: "Don't like bands or the tour itself, just don't go." Why is that so hard for some people to grasp?

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I will say that it's very disappointing that bands like Attila / Neck Deep play Warped Tour because it makes it difficult for people that don't have a lot of touring options around them.

All my life, I've lived in small towns that are over 2-3 hours from the nearest major markets, and makes it difficult to make it out to shows frequently. Warped was always nice when I was younger because I could see 15 bands in one day and get my fix for the summer. It sucks to be put in that position.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  8. Because when there are wrongs in the world, especially the world close to me, I don't think looking the other way is a valid response. Why is that so hard for people to grasp?

9. chris_williams67

Regular

Take Attila for example. I understand they use some words that are sensitive to some people. Especially women in the LGBTQ+ community. But I have many friends that listen to them who are openly LGBTQ. They love their music. It's all on how you take it.

10. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I really want to see Counterparts and Movements, but I refuse to support this festival. The bands I like will get support from me buying their merch.

11. First, I don't buy the "I have many friends that _______" line on the internet from anonymous strangers. Second, I have no idea what that has to do with what I wrote at all. Third, not much you can do to account or bad taste in music regardless of the shitty people making it.

12. chris_williams67

Regular

And how are they shitty people? I really think GWAR is bad but they aren't bad people? Some bands that obviously is true that their bad people. Once again, if you don't enjoy someones music, don't talk about them unless they actually did something that affected someone. Not just by using words.

13. Tom

Attila is genuinely one of the worst bands I've ever heard. Then add the fact that their lyrics are absolutely disgusting. It's just awful.

14. Bigots are shitty people.

Once again: Words matter, pretending they don't doesn't make it so.

SaveTheEarth and thisisnotbrianm like this.
  15. chris_williams67

Regular

How are they bigots? Fronz himself has said "If you hate gay people you should get your ass beat."

16. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

This is not a hard concept to get, I wish people would take the time to truly understand the implications of their words and the words of others, especially a band being given a platform.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. MysteryKnight likes this.
  18. fbrrocks

Trusted

That's 5 not 4

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  19. Tom

20. chris_williams67

Regular

21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

IMG_2831.GIF

22. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

It's incredibly disingenuous to try and argue that that band doesn't have a brand they're selling. If you go to their shows, buy their merch, or support their music, you are buying the product they're selling. It's pretty obvious to read what that product is based on those lyrics. Whether it's "serious" or not is immaterial given the culture they're creating through their own words.

23. Prediction: Three posts until this account has annoyed me enough to be banned.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. chris_williams67

Regular

You're gonna ban me because I listen to a band and defend my opinion? Real mature dude.

marsvoltamcr and kidinthebushes like this.
  25. Jason Tate Mar 23, 2017
    No, I'm predicting I'm gonna ban you for your awful posts as they ramp up and continue to not remotely resemble a coherent defense of any opinion.