Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2017 Lineup • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 22, 2017.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's how I feel. I still bought a ticket. Warped is always a good time.

2. Adam LaRue

I'm old

The question is: Will TSOL play Code Blue?

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Huh, shows how much I follow Warped these days haha.

4. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

cky is still a thing?

fenway89 and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  5. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Silverstein, Hawthorne Heights, Being As An Ocean, STYG, and Movements. I'm falling in love with Movements currently so they may just be enough to pull me in, but damn is this lineup bland otherwise...

6. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

There's only a few bands I'd like to see so of course they'll probably be playing at the same time

7. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

id see 4 bands tops. not good

8. marceting

Trusted

I'm confused how a band Jule Vera is on the main stage? They have like 700k combined streams on Spotify.

I just have so many questions

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. More:

"Playing all 40 dates of this year’s Warped Tour is a great opportunity for us as a band to use our privilege for something positive. We don't have to deal with the day-to-day struggles that many people of color, LGBTQIA folks, people with disabilities, or undocumented people have to face just to exist, so we feel like we're in a unique position to infiltrate what could be a hostile environment, and ensure that women's voices are heard, from an intersectional feminist perspective. Safer space/DIY/art space shows can be transforming and life-affirming, even vital to people's survival, but we've always believed that we have the ability to take on the unsafe spaces, and we hope that our involvement can lead to a more victim-centered, and overall welcoming, environment for all.

War On Women’s existence couldn’t be any more poignant than it is at this very moment; with America’s current sociopolitical climate, the timing is more important than ever to put women’s stories into the forefront of heavy music. War On Women are excited to spread their message to concert-goers and hope they inspire fans to “do better, and realize that they’re not alone in their struggles,” commented vocalist Shawna Potter.

Potter, who is the founder of the Baltimore chapter of Hollaback!, a movement to end street harassment, has been tapped to do a workshop every day of Warped Tour called "Creating Safer Spaces: You Have the Power to Shape Your Scene.” Since Shawna and the rest of the band will be busy with performances, they've recruited Canadian activist Kira-Lynn Ferderber to run the Safer Scenes 2017 tent, where kids can go to learn how to be good allies to others and support diverse scenes, pick up information on local-to-them resources, talk to each other, and more. They’ll concentrate more on gender-based harassment and violence, in addition to addressing all forms of harassment and discrimination. Potter commented, “Thanks to Warped Tour's support and generosity, we've been able to address an issue that really matters to us, and hopefully in a cool way. While we always want people to feel comfortable talking to the band about the struggles they go through with harassment and discrimination, this summer we have the ability to be more proactive and concrete by educating attendees on how to make their local music scenes more safe and tolerant. We thought, ‘What happens when people leave Warped Tour and see shows at home?’ I wanted people to feel empowered not only as victims, but as allies, to create the kind of tolerant scene everyone deserves.”

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yup, shawna is the best. really hope that this is a productive experience, they have really great intentions but i still can't help but be worried for them. stay safe, friends, you all are the best.

11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Would be the ONLY reason I would consider going to this.

Jake W likes this.
  12. defmytones

Regular

Silent Planet, Trophy Eyes (Just saw them live the other night and were fantastic BTW), DGD, Fit For A King, Suicide Machines, Silverstein, Counterparts, Anti Flag.
    I'm in.

13. CMilliken

Trusted

There are a few bands I'd watch. Kinda wanted a Microwave headlining tour honestly. Just don't know if I can shell out the money for this lineup.

14. silentc

Regular

15. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

*Patrick voice*

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE

16. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

There are a handful of smaller bands I'd like to see (immediate picks are Trophy Eyes, Strung Out, The Ataris, Counterparts and Hundredth), but I'm struggling to see what the appeal is in terms of stumping up the full ticket price on this one.

It's kind of the same reason I'm not going to Slam Dunk over here. They've got some smaller and heavier bands I'd like to see, but it's not worth the travel or the ticket price when anyone I'd want to watch will be done half way through the day.

Creeper are an up and coming UK band, so it's nice to see them get on it, even if they're a bit iffy in places.

17. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Only a few years ago Warped Tour had Anberlin, Bayside, Yellowcard, The Maine, Less Than Jake, Saves the Day... I'd pay a lot of money to see a lineup like that again.

fenway89 and esposimi like this.
  18. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Silverstein. That's it.

19. noKings

Regular

the ATARIS lets gooooo

IATAvalanche and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  20. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Easily most excited for Counterparts and Microwave

21. BradBradley

Regular

I'll probably go in the hopes that my date will be the one where Kris Roe throws a bass drum five minutes after telling everyone about the new So Long, Astoria repress that will fund the new album releasing later this year.

22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Feels like 2002 again!

23. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as throwing drums" will always be the best line I've ever heard.

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yup, only good band on the bill