Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2017 Lineup • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Iamhollywood315

Regular

its a whole new generation of bands now. the staples for the last 8 years are now done with. but I'd say i would see at least 6 bands that are decent on this list. Not enough for me to die in Texas heat though.

2. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

american authors feels like an odd fit.

3. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Two things are weird: The Suicide Machines are back and Sick Of It All is playing. SOIA were rumored to be banned from the tour years ago for brawling with crew in the early days of the tour.

4. aniafc

Trusted

you know it's bad when Jule Vera is on the main stage.

no way this year sells very well.

5. aniafc

Trusted

they played a few dates last year

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

wait what are they?
    i'd love to hear from shawna why they agreed, being that warped has a history of putting woman abusers on it...

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I assumed the leak that I saw was fake because they were on it... It makes absolutely no sense for them to be on the tour. So weird.

8. cwhit

actually posted on their wall, i've booked them for a show before and they're super nice. i'm extremely curious what their position is on this

Jake W likes this.
  9. fbrrocks

Trusted

yes but im so excited to see them again

10. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I wish the Warped Rewind at Sea was the actual Warped Tour because that is a pretty sick lineup.

GEM37 and Matt504 like this.
  11. IATAvalanche

Regular

Pretty lackluster. But good for Kris Roe getting another Warped, he seems to do well there with his ever-changing backing band in The Ataris

fenway89, Jason Tate and Matt504 like this.
  12. silentc

Regular

Journey's Right Foot: American Authors (6.16 - 7.19 & 7.21 - 8.6) Andy Black (6.16 - 8.6) Beartooth (6.28 - 8.6) Dance Gavin Dance (6.16 - 8.6) Goldfinger (6.16, 6.17 & 8.4 - 8.6) Hands Like Houses (6.16 - 8.6) Memphis May Fire (6.16 - 8.6) Neck Deep (6.16 - 8.6) Our Last Night (6.16 - 8.6) Save Ferris (6.22 - 8.1 & 8.5) Streetlight Manifesto 6.24

13. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I can't believe I'm the one that's saying this since I'm usually the negative Nancy on this site, but this is the best Warped Tour lineup in years. Carnifex, Municipal Waste, Hatebreed, GWAR, Adolescents, Valient Thorr, Sick of it All, Anti-Flag, Bad Cop/Bad Cop, War on Women, Alestorm, and TSOL are all playing the Tinley Park date and that's more than enough to get me to actually think about going.

In closing, Municipal Waste will crunk you up.

shawnhyphenray likes this.
  14. BelieF

Regular

Been attending warped for 12 years now. For me I only have 3 bands on this list that I know every song word for word that I want to see. In those 12 years I have learned one thing and that's when there's a line up that's not deep for you it's the best year. It's time to look bands you don't know and discover something new and fall in love. Some examples for me over the years are Gallows, teenage bottle rocket, mixtapes, bless the fall and killswitch engage. If money is the problem I understand but if not then there's very few things that you can do on the day warped comes to town that will top it. Enjoy

15. Woof

16. Holy shit how could this lineup be so lackluster?

17. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I can't tell if I'm at the age where Warped Tour is not for me or if this is just not a good lineup. It could be both.

Either way, I'm not going out to Pomona for Warped Tour so I wouldn't be attending regardless. I'm still bitter about Ventura being removed from the tour.

18. cwhit

wrenleslie, Liz and swboyd like this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's too confusing that there's a band called Alestorm and one called Halestorm, Halestorm owns and isn't on this

20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Haven't gone for a few years, but not a fan of this lineup at all.

Is this the first time in a long time that they've announced basically the full lineup at once? I'm assuming because of the leak? Usually they do a group of bands every week.

21. falconate

Open your closed mind. Prestigious

The literal only band I care about in this whole lineup is Silverstein, and I've already seen them 4 times so...

22. silentc

Regular

They've been announcing the full lineup at once for the past few years now

23. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Lol same basically. I've seen them 6 times so until they go and get some better tours (think the co-headliner with Bayside and support from PBC and the Swellers) I'm not about to see them anytime soon.

A couple other bands here I like but none I would even reomotely venture out to this to see. Don't wanna give Warped any more of money anyways.

24. Jackbo487

Regular

I was blown away by last year's (IMO) amazing lineup blending legacy bands and cool younger artists and the variety...but this is probably THE worst drop-off i could have imagined. Sigh.

25. kidinthebushes

Trusted

It's cool to hate Warped on this site.

redwing91007 likes this.