Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour 2016 Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 22, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

2. Zorlak

Crusher Destroyer Prestigious

3. KurtM12

Lurked on AP.net for a long time, with the new site I figure this would be a good time to join. The warped tour discussion is what brought me to AP in the first place

4. Jake Denning

@Jake_Denning Prestigious

I'll be at the last two days hanging. Dunno if I'll be doing interviews or whatever there.

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

At their album release party tonight, Brian said that fans should expect The Summer Set to play a lot of new music at Warped Tour. I could see them wanting to get away from their older sound/songs.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Real Friend's new record comes out May 27th!

7. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Following.

8. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

I really hope Mayday Parade plays "One Of Them Will Destroy The Other" with Dan. Did they do that on the AP tour?

9. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

I saw them play the first Warped Tour I ever went to, summer of '04 I think? I'd be interested to see how they are now with the new singer. Too bad they're only playing two dates of Warped.

10. cochise

I quoted this from the old thread at absolutepunk as I found it to be something interesting to talk about... unfortunately it didn't copy the name of the person who replied to me but in case he/she has moved over here to this new site as well... well, here's my reply lol. Would be interested in anyone else's thoughts on the matter too...

"Originally Posted by cochise
    you would think with the whole 'less bands +/= more bigger acts' mentality of 2016 that there'd be less, but bigger, main stage acts and that the main stage acts would all get more time... yet again it just doesn't make sense... they only seem to have cut bands and not added anything (longer sets or larger/more expensive bands)... really don't get this (?)"

REPLY (from _____?):

"I would argue that having Sum 41, Atreyu for most of the tour plus having Good Charlotte, Waka Flaka and BFMV for parts, having two mainstages AND two monster stages, having all the big ska bands (less than jake, pepper, RBF) and some big pop punk bands (New Found Glory, Yellowcard) plus the big scene bands (FIR, TSSF, Issues) Plus surprise guests on date is a pretty big deal.

On an average warped you usually get one of each of the categories (besides the "scene" bands), one monster stage, and about 4-5 small stages of bands."

Honestly I would agree... if Atreyu was on for the whole tour, but they're only on for like a quarter of it or something. And I would agree if BFMV was also on the whole tour... but they're only on for like 3 dates. I don't know, to me when I compare the general lineup (of bands that are playing most if not all dates) this year and compare it to say 2015 or other recent years... I'm not seeing where the extra money went. There's the same number of main stage bands, and the popularity (cost) of those bands seems to be about the same this year as in years prior... there doesn't seem to be any act I'd say is bigger/more expensive than in 2015, nor are there just more of those bigger/more expensive acts in general I wouldn't say. And although there are two Monster stages this year, I'd say that last year actually had bigger bands playing those stages (with the likes of Escape the Fate, Silverstein,The Amity Affliction, Beartooth, etc compared to this year where the biggest acts on either Monster stage are Motionless in White, Crown the Empire and Whitechapel... so less, or about the same, acts that are as big/expensive yet double the amount of Monster stages and with more money to spend...) so I mean I just don't get it... I don't see where the extra money went? The main stages seem to have just as many and just as big/expensive bands as last year, and the same can be said about the Monster stage(s)... so... ?

11. xstatesandminds

Anyone else going to Pomona?

12. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I don't think Kevin ever officially stated that cutting down on bands was specifically to invest more money on bigger names. Actually I seem to remember people implying the reason the bands were getting cut because sales have been down and sponsors weren't as generous.

13. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

I'm really stoked for this year's lineup

xstatesandminds likes this.
  14. Penguin

I'm still so thrilled they're on it again this year.

15. Darth Annihilus

Regular

It's going to be hard knowing I only get to hear 6 or 7 songs by Sum 41. Hoping a fall headliner hits up FL.

16. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yes they did!

17. TellYourFriends

Lexington, KY Prestigious

That's my big stupid head with the yellow bandana in the teal shirt of the thumbnail. Thank you for this - had no clue it existed!

18. btr

Trusted Supporter

They opened with it and Dan came out at the end. So so good.

19. Penguin Apr 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2016)
    Penguin

That's awesome to hear. It's probably my favorite song on the new album so hopefully that happens this summer!

Haha that's awesome! This sounds totally weird, but I used to try to find myself in the crowds of shows I've been to on Youtube.

Also, I'm pretty sure their entire set from that date is on the same channel.

20. cochise

huh well that just plain sucks if it's like that... which again from looking at the lineup -- yeah, it does seem like what you're saying if the most likely explanation. But damn they must've been losing a TON of money to cut down that many bands AND up the ticket price that much...

21. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Im fine with the price that I paid for Mansfield, MA.

I got 2 tickets for daughters, and I get to go for free - as a parent

Jake Z likes this.
  22. Penguin

I really like Less Than Jake's In With The Out Crowd, but I haven't heard anything else of theirs. Where should I go from here?

23. kidinthebushes Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

Marina City is listed on Warped Tour's bands page. They'll be playing 7/30-8/13. I'm surprised they aren't playing the Chicago date.

Vans Warped Tour

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That's their most hated album haha if you like that though Anthem would probably be your best bet. Hello Rockview and Losing Streak are their best imo. Borders and Boundaries is also good

25. dX927

Regular

Tsunami Bomb are listed under the Left Foot Stage. Alright, just have 11 bands on that stage I guess. Gonna be a long show.