Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour’s Wilmington, NC Date Was Canceled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Warped Tour’s Wilmington, NC date has been canceled.

From the Vans Warped Tour team, the bands, and all of our sponsors, we are truly sorry that this had to happen. We were completely blind-sided by the city of Wilmington, NC and have tried to work through everything as fast as we could.

2. DooDooBird

Trusted

Ahh... the hometown of Michael Jordan and primary filming location for Dawson's Creek.

3. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

That's now the second date this year, including New Orleans...

4. tenspeed

the link is broken. does anyone know what happened?

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

and One Tree Hill....fantastic show.

6. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Mmmm...it almost has a karmic quality to it.

8. transrebel59

Regular

Side note: If you ever get the chance, definitely visit Wilmington. One of the hidden treasures of America. Absolutely beautiful city that seems untouched by modern times and feels like it came out of a book.

9. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I'm confused and trying to decipher all the messaging around this - is it because Warped didn't sell enough tickets or because of facility/safety issues?

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

My gf and I are trying to plan a time to visit there. Heard nothing but wonderful things about that place.

11. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Maybe some of the bands could play a small "secret" mini warped tour in the area that day for the fans

coleslawed likes this.
  12. transrebel59

Regular

Not sure if you've been to Savannah, GA or Charleston, SC but they are all absolutely lovely cities on the coast and within a few hours of each other. The drive is beautiful and those cities are quintessential Americana. It's like a Bruce Springsteen album come to life. Hope you are able to arrange a trip to Wilmington!

13. MegT585

Trusted

My wife is from Wilmington originally and it really is an awesome little city. We actually are looking into moving down there eventually.

14. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I'd love some clarity on what exactly this means.

15. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

This is happening in some sort of capacity. Details:

Bayside 182 likes this.
  16. chcougar1

Trusted

I'm guessing multiple stages/timing of performances, crowd flow management, etc?

17. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Wilmingtons nice enough but it has a lot of issues in regards to how minorities/PoC/LGBTQ citizens are treated but its improved a lot when it comes to those issues over the past few years. I'm like 30 minutes away from Wilmington so I frequent it a lot. Downtowns pretty nice.

Weird how vague theyre being about this. I guess it just boils down to theres really no where in Wilmington to hold a massive festival/tour like Warped unless you really branch out past the city limits.

18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Very bizarre to imagine warped tour ever taking place in Wilmington haha

19. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

On a side note Wilmington is beautiful. Too bad though, Warped was fun this year in Denver.