Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour’s Final Run to Be Filmed for Four-Part Series

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Variety is reporting that Warped Tour’s final run will be filmed for a four-part series on the tour:

“The documentary that we’re putting together is really about the legacy of the tour,” director DJay Brawner tells Variety. “Of course, this year being the final year it’s important for us to capture moments from the culmination, but what we’re really trying to put together is a story about how the tour started and grew over the last 24 years, with all of it culminating with the final day and what that means for this team of people, the future of the brand and everything in between.

2. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

The Warped Tour compilation DVDs were some of my favorite musical items as a kid. I watched the hell out of the 2003 and 2004 Warped Tour DVDs (that I probably bought from Hot Topic) and they exposed me to a lot of new bands. It's cool that they're doing something like this for the tour's end, despite some of the really poor choices the tour has made in booking bands with previous assault allegations.

marceting likes this.
  3. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

if it wanted to capture the legacy of the tour it'd feature 20-something guys preying on young fans in tour buses

skogsraet and kaylasananjou like this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

But film it as an underdog story obviously

5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I'd rather watch Grown Ups 3.

danskoldberg likes this.
  6. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Hard pass on this.

7. danskoldberg

Just watch this instead.

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Please tell me that doesn't exist, and never will...

9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Not yet