Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warframe Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Must've brought in Bungie as guest-devs.

2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

nah Warframe is actually fun and rewarding :P theres a hotfix coming tomorrow to buff the rewards and reduce the grind a bit. DE likes their players

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. Anthony_

Wait . . . you're telling me they're making on-the-fly changes to the loot grind and economy within days after launch in response to community feedback?

Sounds like witchcraft to me.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

i know right?!?? communism if you ask me

Anthony_ likes this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

so lets compare

Destiny 2: multi billion dollar game yet still in a broken state. no endgame. no meaningful content. developers seem to have nothing but contempt towards their playerbase. only 1 real major "update" since launch but didnt really fix much. will have to buy DLC to see improvements

The Division: multi billion dollar game, still broken with no good content and a very cynical approach to the looter-shooter genre. again, developers seem to hate their playerbase. decent updates but not enough juice left in the tank.

Warframe: small development team of 150 people, free to play, just launched a MASSIVE free update that added a lot of substantial content and improvements. we've also had 5 hotfixes released since last thursday to further improve the game. all free.

Anthony_ likes this.
  6. CoffeeEyes17

It’s been a week sincerely PoE so here’s some updated thoughts!

Pros:

-the gameplay is still great. Bounties, incursions, fishing, mining, resource farming, and of course Eidolon hunting are very fun

-DE have made leveling factions and rep MUCH better. Leveling up Operators is way easier. Leveling the Cetus rep is a bit grindier but it’s improved greatly.

-Bounties now give much better rewards. Kuva and Void Traces are a resource that’s always in high demand so they’re good to get. The new mods seem solid and the low level bounties giving essential beginners mods is a great change.

-Eidolons are a blast to fight. Killing them is fun and pretty rewarding but we’ve recently discovered you can also CAPTURE them and get even better rewards. It’s a nice endgame activity. DERebecca and DESteve, the community manager and main game designer respectively, are tossing around the idea of using Eidolon shards to turn in and get like 50k focus which doesn’t affect your daily focus cap. Hope that happens.

-Gara is a great Warframe. Generally I rank Warframes on a letter ranking system. Gara is probably going to be an A. She’s good with CC and has 90% damage reduction which automatically makes her Endgame viable. Thanks to recent balance changes no Warframe is a D rank anymore which is good! Sadly Loki is the only S rank since he can literally break the game. The new weapons are also quite good.

Cons:

-mechanically fishing is fun but it’s also kind of asinine at times. Fish spawn rates are waaaay too low and bait doesn’t seem to really work all the time. Sadly it’s kind of a frustrating grind but it’s not all that bad.

-focus takes too long to grind. Way too long. As of right now it would take like 500 DAYS to max all focus trees assuming you hit your cap every day. That’s insane. We get focus so slowly even with improved lenses. Hopefully they fix this soon.

That’s about it. I adore this game

Vase Full Of Rocks and Anthony_ like this.
  7. Anthony_

I wish I could contribute to this conversation but unfortunately #DigitalExtremesDoesntCareAboutConsolePeople

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

Well the good news is you’ll get the hotfixed edition so you’ll be in good shape.

Anthony real talk what I might do is make a PSN account that’s purely F2P and play with you. Honestly it’ll be fun starting fresh again.

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. Anthony_

Looks like PoE is out now on console, just announced at the Game Awards

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  10. CoffeeEyes17

its been on consoles since Nov 14th, the event Operation Plaguestar started last week for console. Game Awards probably was announcing that Twitch rewards were now out on console.

11. Anthony_

Wow u rly dropped teh ball lettin me no bruh

12. CoffeeEyes17

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. Anthony_

14. CoffeeEyes17

Anthony_ likes this.
  15. CoffeeEyes17

Plains of Eidolon: Update 22.8.0

meanwhile in "Warframe cares more about its payers than Destiny"

new bounty missions with great rewards, FOUR new weapons one of which is a completely new style of melee weapon (War Fans), an entirely new area of our ship/player house which acts as a lounge area with lots of customization, plus new animations and bug fixes.

Not to mention the Acolyte event is happening. The Acolyte mods are hands down the best mods in the game so I highly, highly suggest doing the event since its very time limited. Plus you can make a pretty hefty sum of platinum after its all over.

storm and Anthony_ like this.
  16. CoffeeEyes17

this guy is my favorite Warframe content creator, every year he does a year end review for all of the Warframes and weapons. this is his review for the frames going into 2018, the meta has shifted a lot.

warframes are ranked S, A, B, C, and D. as of now there arent any S rank warframes, S being frames that can just straight up break the game and trivialize content, but also we no longer have D rank frames thanks to some great reworks last year for Hydroid and Limbo.

Loki used to be S because in Warframe being able to go invisible is a MASSIVE advantage but also his 4 allows him to strip enemies weapons away from them turning them into useless melee mooks. Generally speaking if a Warframe has: massive damage reduction, CC, invisibility, or massive AoE damage theyre a shoe-in for A rank. Octavia, the buff queen, is the closest frame to S rank right now. she can go invisible, increase her and her parties damage, and pump out a ton of AoE damage plus her 2 is decent CC.

the worst frames in the game are Atlas, Titania, and Zephyr. Atlas has 1 good ability which is his 1. for the "rock/earth" themed warframe hes not very tanky nor is he all that powerful. he needs a full on rework. Titania, the fairy frame, also has basically 1 good ability and its her 4 which allows her to shrink and become a flying dual pistol wielding sprite of death. shes really frail and she needs some love. Zephyr is without a doubt the worst frame in the game. The ONLY thing keeping her in C is her 3 which gives her damage reduction. shes our "wind/bird" themed frame but unfortunately due to how mobile and acrobatic all of the frames are she doesnt really fit that theme. her 4 is fucking annoying too, more a hindrance than anything. All 3 of them need reworks but I think Titania could fit into B if she just had some number tweaks and maybe a new 2 ability.

the only ranking he made that i dont agree with is Mag. Mag is very, excuse my pun, polarizing in the community. shes magnetic themed and her main niche is stripping armor and shields. stripping armor is VERY important due to how armor scales in WF so that alone puts her at atleast a B for me. Her 4 isnt very good but her 2 and 3 allow her to strip armor and turn enemies into bullet magnets which can really rack up the damage. her 1 is decent CC too, its basically just a force pull.

Khora is set to be released this month so who knows how she'll rank but from what ive seen she looks like she'll be a B at least, which is fine. All frames should strive for A but being B isnt that much lower than A rank imo.

Anthony_ likes this.
  17. drewinseries

Drew

I had a squad of like 3 friends who always played this but now we mainly OW, PUBG or Rocket League, want to get back into this.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  18. CoffeeEyes17

nows the best time! if you play on PC feel free to add me CoffeeEyes17

ive thought about starting a new account on PS4 so i can play with @Anthony_

19. Anthony_

If/when I get sick of The Division, I'm in

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  20. drewinseries

Drew

Just got back into this from more than a year ago, but feeling super intimidated. I'm playing I have Frost and Loki right now. Loki I got grandfathered in from playing the game way back when it first came out.

21. CoffeeEyes17

Welcome back to the game! I’d say the best thing to do is clear the star chart and do all of the quests you can. Frost and Loki are great for a few reasons. Frost is the king of defense missions so you’ll always find people to do that with plus Defense is a great way to level things. Loki is perfect for soloing and he’s essential for doing Spy missions which often reward powerful mods that you’ll be using for the rest of your game time. Other than that getting Endo to level up your mods will be crucial but that comes with just playing the game and dissolving junk mods.

This is all assuming you’re like still in your first 100 hours for all I know you’ve got a ton of playtime lol

drewinseries likes this.
  22. drewinseries

Drew

Thanks for the info! I think my quest is early in the story, I’m need to get to Mars? Most of the stuff in the map looks locked.

The Ceres station thing is all new to me. So is the wings and stuff. IF I were to buy one frame with cash what do you recommend?

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  23. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah you’ll start making your way through the star chart at a pretty quick pace and the game will guide you in a way although there are branching paths. Between just doing mission nodes and doing quests when they’re opened up to you you’ll progress pretty steadily. I’d suggest leveling everything to 30 just for the Mastery Rank points since a lot of quests and weapons are locked behind higher ranks.

If you were to buy a frame I’d say Mesa just because she probably has the worst grind in the game and is also possibly the best frame in the game as far as having an answer to any situation. Her Shatter Shield ability can give you a lot of damage reduction on minimal power strength and her Mesas Waltz ability is just straight up an aimbot.

drewinseries likes this.
  24. drewinseries

Drew

I ended up going a little crazy and getting Inaros and Nekros.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  25. CoffeeEyes17

Inaros is my favorite frame so that’s still a good choice. Nigh invincible